1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Randomly Conquering Monarch 6CC

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Nad, Jan 7, 2006.

1. knupp715

knupp715 Chieftain

Nice set of turns Greebley. Illinois shouldn't be too hard to take, and after that Russia shall fall. I believe Goreamon is up now...

2. goraemon

goraemon Chieftain

ok, I'll play tonight or tomorrow.

3. goraemon

goraemon Chieftain

Just looked over to download the save now, and I can't seem to find it..am I missing something?

4. Greebley

Greebley Chieftain Supporter

I don't see it either. I must have messed up attaching it. I will post it when I get home. Sorry about that.

5. Greebley

I think I tried to attach 1800 BC which I also played. It fails due to being already attached. I did that again just now but caught it this time.

This should be the right one.

6. goraemon

goraemon Chieftain

i got it now, will play soon

7. goraemon

goraemon Chieftain

OK Turn 0 I revolted to free market

We razed Illinois and left Cyrus with one island city far away, then signed peace but he didn't give up any tech.

I didn't declare war on Peter during my turns, stockpiled some of our remaining army onto galleons though (see illustration below).

We discovered biology so some worker actions are in order, to transform excess farms to cottages for example. i've worked on it some in capital and nearby cities but other cities need work still.

I traded biology and bunch of gold to peter for combustion because we need to be able to build wells (which allow destroyers) to be able to protect ourselves when we go to war with peter.

After biology I started on Assembly line. None of the other civs has it yet and this allows Infantry units that will help us militarily. At the end of my turnset we're 6 more turns away from discovering it.

I built the well and we can now build destroyers. Be careful when we go to war with peter because he's got them too.

Our irrigation path to New York temporarily got cut off because building the well replaced a farm, but workers are building another farm on a diff tile that'll correct the problem next turn (see illustration below).

We're not in too bad of a shape all things considered. gl

Attached Files:

8. knupp715

knupp715 Chieftain

I'm up but I won't be able to play this weekend so I'm going to have to ask for a skip.

However I did check out the save real quick so I could give some suggestions to whoever is now up. When we declare war on Peter we are going to lose some happiness resources, and our cities will start starving. Also, it seems we still haven't switched to emancipation yet. We would be giving up the slavery civic for emancipation but, we don't whip anymore anyways.

Another thing I noticed is that our cities may get the "We refuse to fight our brothers and sisters of the faith" penalty. Switching to Free Religion would help this problem, although we would lose theocracy and the extra XP with it, we are not losing any promotions because we are in vassalage.

When we declare war on Pete, I think we should switch to Emancipation and Free Religion. They should make up for the lost happiness.

Sorry about having to skip, good luck Nad!

9. Nad

Nad Known Troublemaker

I'm up next, will play as soon as I can. Sooo busy at the moment! :)

10. grs

grs nameless one

Sorry, but I am unable to be as active as I should. Since I can hardly pick up any game outside weekends and am unable to contribute anything to the tactics during the whole week, I quit from succession games for now.

11. Greebley

Sorry to see you go, Grs, but I understand. It happens.

Nad also seems a bit busy :D :p

12. Greebley

Nad, Do you need a skip?

13. knupp715

knupp715 Chieftain

:crazyeye: It's been over a week.

14. Greebley

Knupp,
    We skipped you anyway, so why don't you go ahead and grab the game?
    I hate to see games die. Hopefully, Nad will be back later, but he seems unable to post at the moment.

15. knupp715

knupp715 Chieftain

Sounds Good. Got the save.

16. knupp715

knupp715 Chieftain

(0) Revolt to Emancipation and Free Religion.

(1) :coffee:

(2) Tours---> Builds cannon---> Starts another

(3) Declare war on Pete.

IBT: Lose grenadier against artillery but beat an SAM infantry.

(4) Paris---> Cannon---> Grocer to fight starvation

(5) Raze Smolensk (for some reason I can't find any of the screenshots of me razing any cities)

IBT: Lost Elephant to a Russian SAM infantry.

(6) Assembly Line is researched. Start on physics.
    Rheims---> Drydock---> Destroyed

IBT: Lose a rifle against an artillery but beat a S.Infantry and a rifleman. Lose our destroyer (I upgraded from ironclad) to a Russian Destroyer.

(7) Raze Tver (no screenshot sorry).
    New York---> Drydock---> Aqueduct to fight starvation
    Sink the wounded destroyer with a galleon.

(8) Tours---> Cannon---> Aqueduct to fight starvation
    A great Scientist is born in Paris.

IBT: Kill cossack

(9) The Russian invasion force is coming...

WOW, what an army :lol:

I cut back research in order to upgrade units in New York.
    Raze Rostov (no ss).

(10) Paris---> Grocer---> Infantry

17. knupp715

knupp715 Chieftain

Wonder where that settler is going.....?

The russian invasion force is wounded due to a suicide cannon.

Cut research back again to upgrade units on the mainland if you want to be safe. We still have the great scientist in Paris. I suggest saving him for a later Golden Age.

These our are two armies. They should meet up together at St.Petursburg, raze that city, and go north to the capital. Be careful with this war, our units are outdated so if we don't want our armies to be destroyed we have to make smart and cautious decisions.

18. knupp715

knupp715 Chieftain

Forgot the save, sorry.

Good Luck:

19. Greebley

Nad - Skip for now
    Greebley - Up
    goraemon - On Deck
    knupp715 - Just Played

ok, I got it.

20. Greebley

Preturn: Not much

Early: Our units were healing. I was having troubles with Peter's Landing near New York, so I upgraded some units. Losses were low (a Maceman).

Mid: I revolted to Theology. We have only 1 religion in our cities. Free religion didn't seem to make sense with only 1. We get the same happiness (except New York) but start with 8 exp (so first battle is likely to give us another promotion unless it is a wimpy fight). All Russian units are gone.

Marched on St. Petersburg.

Late:
    Attacked and Razed St. Petersburg. We lost a Cannon and a Catapult.
    We are researching Artillery

Future:
    I think we should start fighting Asoka and clear our island and Russia's island of his cities. Lets start building up a fighting force in our own lands to take him out. If we don't we will almost certainly lose. In the mean time, the force in Russian lands can continue while it still can to take out Russian cities. If we can't take out cities then take out all towns with it.

I think running out of time to win is our greatest danger other than Asoka getting to powerful.