RAR graphic patch

Hi Rufus,
just downloaded your job, found some trouble with the folder art\units\DR1\Thumbs.db winace give it as encryptable. Anyway extracting the single items except it it was working.

Anyway, Great job!!!

But I found few items with the same graphic for two or more buildings still (modern airport = air defence, modern harbor = shipyard, civil defence = special warfare centre, etc.), and as you know I found a way to solve it.
And I'm already in game with the original RAR mod, after 230 turns I wont start a new game using your .biq file. I'll try it later.
So I thought to join just part of your job to the graphics what I already found to fill the RAR mod.

Can I post the result of it in my thread??
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=109350&page=1&pp=20

If the answer is yes, how can I add credits for your job?
(now I care more about from where and from who I download graphics...)

;)

Rufus or other helpful people,

I'm sorry I'm such a newbie that I don't know the basics, but I'm trying to figure out into which directory I download the leaderheads? I know its in one of the art folders, but I haven't figured it out.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Breunor

@ Orion66

Not sure about that, but likely not.Many of the issues reportet in the main mod thread were caused by this graphic patch.Might be that they are now all solved, but 1.02 has added some new graphic and changed some things.And this graphic patch hasn't be updated since then.Don't get me wrong, I don't want to express anything negative about this work -they graphics are excellent, no doubt- but you do use it on your own risk, since we haven't tested it and it is no official part of the mod (yet, we will surely incorporate many of the graphics in future versions)

@ Breunor

IIRC, this is explained in detail earlier in this thread.

EDIT: Sorry, it isn't. I'm not sure since I don't use this patch and the heads, but likely they belong in a subfolder to RaR1.Perhaps someone who has downloaded them and get them working can explain...?

Just a bump up, been a while.

I have a big problem with this graphic patch. I started i game and it was one of very good starting locations so i would like to continue, But there is a problem. i built a cataphract and atacked a barbarian. Then window poped up and said that i enslaved that barbarian an INFANTRY showed up. Can i fix this. I would like to continue to lay but with infantry in ancient age i cant. Please help

Check if infantery is set as basic or advanced barbarian and change it to whateveer you like.But I don't think thats the problem (can't believe Rufus has changed anything here).It is more likely that the patch screws something up (Are there other problems with "strange" units? Then the reason might be a wrong unit32 file), because it isn't updated/tested for RaR 1.02 and later.Unless this happens, I recomment to abstain from the graphics patch, if you want to play stable.

I opened scenario in editor and found that for units with enslave ability arent chosen which unit to produce. When i pick slave then all works fine in next game.

The missing enslavement target is a problem of RaR 1.02 and RaR1.03beta (will be fixed with upcoming 1.04).What I meant with "strange units" are units which are switched, for example if you can build settler looking units instead of tanks or planes.

Top Bottom