RAR graphic patch

Rufus T. Firefly said:
About debug mode, you must download the second ace file (like I have said on the first post). About leaderheads, why not read the leaderheads tutorial?

Thanks for your help. I had downloaded the second file but it was my fault that I had forgotten to install it. :blush: I think that due to having that many files, including all the Leaderhead ones, it just got overlooked.

I am very impressed by all of your hard work, you have done a great job. The graphics patch, having applied it to a game that I am well advanced in and so can appreciate immediately all the enhancements, is working without any issues that I have found.

A worthy download and complements the RaR release nicely.

I can't extract the rarredux.ace file. There's always a message : "RAR1/Art/Units/DR1/thumbs.db:encryptable cannot be built. What's wrong ? Can anybody please help me :confused:

@Vostos: I think that you can be able to use the original RAR file, but you must edit it. About bugs, have you dowloaded the second file, it would be correct.

@Bangorash: it's a paintshop file, but it wouldn't give problems :confused:

I think all of the Rise and Rule civs have leaderheads now, a combination of Sween(Queen Zawdita, Tangoloa), Civarmy(Dali Llama, Sitting Bull), and R8XFT(Mansu Masa, Suriyothai), are responsible for this great thing methinks.

Rufus: A post is a post is posted post....lol

I didn't see the Unit pack though....

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
I think all of the Rise and Rule civs have leaderheads now, a combination of Sween(Queen Zawdita, Tangoloa), Civarmy(Dali Llama, Sitting Bull), and R8XFT(Mansu Masa, Suriyothai), are responsible for this great thing methinks.

No they don't. I installed the ones you mentioned manually.

Morgan UK said:
I have got it to work now by removing...
MA_all
NZ_all
SU_all
From their nested folders and placed them directly within the \RAR1\Art\Advisors folder however...
There are up to four nested folders within each of those leaderheads folders so does the contents of each also need to be removed and placed directly in the Advisors folder ..?

No you should place the lastest folders in the nested folders tree into the Art folder. Click on yes about overwriting existing files... anyways if the files were actually there you wouldn't need to move them ;)

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Thats what I ment lol

ops, sorry. But why aren't they in the "retail" version ? It's not a huge work to do !

Well, it might not take huge an effort to implement it to the "retail", but the resulting file would become quite large. Not all of us have broadband internet, and I guess 34mb without the leaderheads are enough. This way you can download the Leaderheads separately if you like or be content with what you already got and have multiple Ghandis and [insertnameofthatjapaneseguyhere].
Btw...it's not that mux of an effort to download these three files, is it?
Well...my 2 Eurocent.
:spear:

Rufus T. Firefly said:
@Bangorash: it's a paintshop file, but it wouldn't give problems :confused:

But unfortunately it is giving me a problem, both with WinRar and WinAce (2.6). This is frustrating in that I want IT NOW :cry: , but I also know that when I can add this patch RAR will be even better. Rufus, is it possible to repost the post that you previously re-posted without the Paint Shop file?

Anyone having proplems opening ace files should try ZipGenius 5, its free ware and works great. Opens Zips, Ace, and just about everything else... Best of all its free and the interface is pretty smooth and user friendly.

Ben

Despite all the finger waving, things must be considered thus.

Quoting DaniJ, creator of the JDoom resource pack.

"If you don't like it, mod it"

Go here - http://modelyard.newdoom.com/, need you to see this. Now, that is modding. (If you recognise the imp, haha. Showing my age)

Point is, what I mean to say, that although this 'mod' changes many graphical aspects of the game, it changes no essential aspects of the RAR gameplay rules, as defined by the RAR team.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of RAR and Rufus.

But 3/10 for tha finga' wavin, as it is a graphics mod.

Posted by a constant lurker, shy as I may be.

Top Bottom