RB17, part ... uh... two? The Hippies Revenge!

So check it out, bros. I went to this party last night over at one of the Berkley houses. It was sort of cool, but then these Black Panther dudes showed up. I'm cool with equal rights and all, but they were talking about hurtin' dudes. Not cool, man. Turn the other cheek, I say. Whatever.

So I just went over by myself and smoked some. Well, I fell asleep and in the morning, everyone was gone. The dude whose house it was was cleaning up all alone. So I helped out. No problem. I helped make the mess, you know.

But, when we were done, the dude said he had to get to the police station and bail out his brother. He asked me if I'd watch his Empire while he was gone.

Cool, I said. I'm always willing to help out a fellow free-thinker. Any suggestions?, I asked.

All he told me was that we got a prophet who shouldn't be allowed to mellow, and that we need to learn music. Whatever. Music is the message of the revolution and Prophets gotta preach the gospel, right? Can't do that just sittin and waitin.

So I says to the prophet, you got any good tech? He sorta mumbled something about one God and I was like, whatever. Go sit over there and preach to someone, dude. I gotta run that other dude's empire.

merged the prophet into mecca

75 BC Taoism FIDL, Ananda (Great Prophet) Born in Mecca. Didn't we just do something with that other prophet? What are we gonna do with this Prophet? I left him in Mecca. Maybe we should merge him into one of the fishing villages for the extra hammers? Without a whip, we build nothing in those towns.

50 BC JC demands Alphabet, but we say no! Caesar sorta wandered off then. Whatever. Mean people suck.

Mecca: Settler => Great Library. Demascus: Granary => Lighthouse

25 AD Math => Music

50 AD JC converts to Hinduism. No more mean people.

I founded Najran on eastern island with clams. I but the city on the desert tile, which means we have to wait for first border pop to get the clams (10 turns)

I caught this worker dude just sitting around smoking grass, so I told him to get up. But he said there was nothing left to do. All the land was worked, except for the forests, and trees dream and stuff. We'll, maybe he was right. But then I realized he could build roads to the horses. Horses aren't part of this place yet, but they someday will be. Same goes for the copper. Dudes are building roads.

I don't think that worker dude likes me anymore.

Then, just when I was getting to like this King of the Longhairs thing, that dude came back and his brother, Bellflower, was out of jail now. Whatever. I guess Bellflower needs a job or something, so I don't get the gig anymore. Mean people suck.

Music due in 16. Great Library due in 18.

Groovy turns, man, just groovy.

All those religion guys showing up is pretty far-out, too. Oh, but, ya' know, dude, that ultra-mellow bearded Capricorn that said, like, turn your other cheek said, like, if someone asks for a toke of your joint, you should, like, offer him your whole bag, ya'know in keeping w/the hippie nature, i think that if folks ask us for something, we should give it. Perhaps not if they demand it, as JC did, but perhaps anytime an AI asks or demands something from us [extreme requests notwithstanding]

Gimme an F
Gimme an I
Gimme an S
Gimme an H
What's that spell?

Pisces, that's what.

Washing the sand off (that was the sweetest jail I ever been in, beaches, and volleyball, and ladies playing volleyball, LSMFT, man) and get to this tomorrow.

"Loose Straps Mean Floppy....."

Ahhh....Never heard that one. (What ever happened to Lucky Strikes? I quit smoking 8 years ago, but I haven't even seen Lucky Strikes in ages.)

Bede said:
"Loose Straps Mean Floppy....."
:lol:

that's a good one ~

lucky strikes ARE still around, but filterless cigarettes [puke]

:lol: Grass, just :lol: That's how I'm coping. :D

Really got into listening to Ravi Shankar tonight so haven't played the game. Will get on it real soon now. Gonna spread the word as best I can.

My sweet lord
Hm, my lord
Hm, my lord

I really want to see you
Really want to be with you
Really want to see you lord
But it takes so long, my lord

My sweet lord
Hm, my lord
Hm, my lord

I really want to know you
Really want to go with you
Really want to show you lord
That it won't take long, my lord (hallelujah)

My sweet lord (hallelujah)
Hm, my lord (hallelujah)

I really want to see you
Really want to see you
Really want to see you, lord
Really want to see you, lord
But it takes so long, my lord (hallelujah)

Hm, my lord (hallelujah)
My, my, my lord (hallelujah)

I really want to know you (hallelujah)
Really want to go with you (hallelujah)
Really want to show you lord (aaah)
That it won't take long, my lord (hallelujah)

Hmm (hallelujah)
My, my, lord (hallelujah)

Hm, my lord (hare krishna)
My, my, my lord (hare krishna)
Oh hm, my sweet lord (krishna, krishna)
Oh-uuh-uh (hare hare)

Now, I really want to see you (hare rama)
Really want to be with you (hare rama)
Really want to see you lord (aaah)
But it takes so long, my lord (hallelujah)

Hm, my lord (hallelujah)
My, my, my lord (hare krishna)
My sweet lord (hare krishna)
My sweet lord (krishna krishna)
My lord (hare hare)
Hm, hm (Gurur Brahma)
Hm, hm (Gurur Vishnu)
Hm, hm (Gurur Devo)
Hm, hm (Maheshwara)
My sweet lord (Gurur Sakshaat)
My sweet lord (Parabrahma)
My, my, my lord (Tasmayi Shree)
My, my, my, my lord (Guruve Namah)
My sweet lord (Hare Rama)

(hare krishna)
My sweet lord (hare krishna)
My sweet lord (krishna krishna)
My lord (hare hare)

Ananda went on a pilgrimage and found himself in Damascus where he established an ashram. The Americans are becoming followers of Krishna while the Indians spread their Confucian wisdom into our towns. We now have a strong Hindu bloc with the Americans and Romans. Need to keep spreading the faith into their towns to cement it. And to counter the Indians who are the homeland of both Judaism and Confucianism.

Lost the Music gambit to the Indian sitar players.

The westbound galley encountered an impassable ocean barrier to a barely visible border so has now turned back to provide support for missionary ferry service to both America and Rome. Going to need another boat soon for a settler to claim the dyes to the east.

Bought some silk from Asoka for fish I think. No effect on the city's health and shaved a turn off the great library.

Spoiler :

Turn 120 (125 AD)

IBT
Hinduism has spread to Boston (American Empire)

Turn 121 (150 AD)
Medina finishes Granary

IBT

Turn 122 (175 AD)
Merged Ananda into Damascus for a production boost.
Medina starts training Galley
Damascus grows: 8

IBT

Turn 123 (200 AD)
Medina grows: 6

IBT
Hinduism has spread to Cumae (Roman Empire)

Turn 124 (225 AD)
Music gambit fails and Homer appears at Delhi
Medina's borders expand
Damascus finishes Hindu Monastery

IBT

Turn 125 (250 AD)
Damascus starts training Hindu Missionary

IBT

Turn 126 (275 AD)
Confucianism has spread to Medina
Najran's borders expand

IBT

Turn 127 (300 AD)
Medina starts training Settler
Medina starts training Galley

IBT

Turn 128 (325 AD)
Damascus finishes Hindu Missionary

IBT

Turn 129 (350 AD)
Damascus starts training Settler
Damascus's borders expand
Najran grows: 2

IBT

Turn 130 (375 AD)
Hinduism has spread to Medina

*Wanders out of the forest*

Guess it's me again. Gosh, this ruling thing is sooo oppressive. I think we need to, like, spend less time doing it, er'something. Of course, that's after I start it up :p 15 or 10 guys? I'll play fideen

I should consult with my numerologist to see whether 10 or 15 is more cosmically in-tune with our peace/love/dope.

Got it now, will play 15 after lunch. Mmmm. Lunch.

Dudes, so I like came back from vacation, and noticed that Bellflower was passed out. So I sideld...er.... sidleed? sidled? sideled? Whatever... I slipped into the throne. Mecca was building this massive lie-berry, or whatever, so I took a nap there. The people in Mecca were unhappy about this, so I tol' them ta go smoke s'more. And thus they did.

I'm feeling kinda down, because we've got all these islands with no land, and no one wants to make anything. All they want to do is have babies. What gives? I mean, you can't do that ALL the time.

Or can you? Once Pheasant gets back from wherever he is, I know where I'm goin'.

So, I decide, woah,we'er way behind 'n' sh*t. So I make a little trade with Rosie on my first turn, who teaches us how to shoot arrows and make cool swords in exchange for being taught the ol' ABC. That's cool.

There's some Iron underneath a hamlet at Medina, so I ask the people there to move, so's we can get it. At first they were all like, "To be or not to be?" and other such philosophical junk. So I told them to move to Mecca. They were given prodigous amounts of hashish to accomdate this move.

I then called up my buddy good ol' Julius, pooped back a few and smoked some, and then taught him how to play some Music (which we just learned) in exchange for him teaching us about one god and learning us how to use a calendar. Goodbye stone circle!

Not much later, a really smart philospohical dude shows up. I tell him to chill at Mecca, and learn something from everyone else Great Prophet Born, I micromanaged it to a scientist after the GL was built

It was kind of hazy here, but I'm sure that we finished that library. My sleeping in it didn't even make a difference.

Julius was so jealous, that he declared war on Roosevelt. Now, we were upset, but you know, pacifism can be a really bummer sometimes. Oh, I also started us trying to master the secret of "Metal Casing." Thought we could put up workshops everywhere.

Later on, Roosevelt came and asked us to fight with Julius. I tried to explain that we've taken a strict vow of non-violence, so we can't fight back, but he just blew us off. Later, he came back and said we were still friends, but he was just a little hurt.

Pheasant sent me a message at around 600 AD (newfangled calendars) that he could come take over. So I left the following note:

We've got that Metal Casing kind of Feeling... and we're learning some laws, man. We gotta have a Case of Systems too.

But I'm not too good at poetry when I'm high, so I fell asleep.

Sorry for the lack of shots... none of them took, apparently :rolleyes: I think that a cultural victory is definitely possible... we just need the caste system and the GA's. So COL, and then a GA splurge. We can really afford it.

Metal casing should get us some shields. Sorry if it seemed kind of disjointed. I actually haven't been drinking or smoking; I just have this sudden inability to write View attachment 128732:sad:

I see it this...and will get to it tonight.

you inability to write is from the drinking and smoking in the past...trust me, i know the....uh...feeling ;)

Top Bottom