RB8 - Multiplayer Madness

Ok cool. Thanks guys. Sorry to be a pain in the butt. :p I will get in touch Chriseay and we can arrange something. :)

Ok, after this current round of turns we'll change up the roster to put Thormdor and Morred on the same team to facilitate time zones. Here is the roster I'm thinking of (tenative only - FINISH THIS SET OF TURNS WITH THE INITIAL ROSTER)

1 - Snaproll / Drasca
2 - Chriseay / Thunderbunny
3 - Uniqueuponhim / Atlas
4 - Morred / Thormdor

(Is that right? Everyone in good time zones now?)

Another thing to add to the list for this type of game. Here's the list so far:

1) Tell people what the password is!
2) Match time zones

Drasca said:
Osaka's still building an obelisk, done in 4 turns, Berlin's stonehenge in 5. Next japanese player needs to change Osaka's production to something else, as stonehenge provides free obelisk the next turn.

Oh, it provides it for the entire team? I figured it only provided it for the civ that built it.

Drasca said:
You'll be able to trade resources with your coastal cities once sailing is researched. You'll have three strong wonder-building research options:

1) Masonry, to speed up oracle (+100% base), and leads to Monotheism and organized religion (+25% base).
2) Sailing to trade resources
3) Iron Working to reveal potential additional production.

Would it be worth the additional time commitment of our workers to finish the road for #1?

Oh, it provides it for the entire team? I figured it only provided it for the civ that built it.
World wonder's generally provide all their bonuses for all teamed members. National wonders do not count against your teammates. Each civ still has its own National epic, Mt Rushmore, etc.

thunderbunny said:
the additional time commitment of our workers to finish the road for #1?

I'm not sure what you are asking.

Connecting cities is worth it for matters of war, but you still have other considerations. Right now, I see your highest priorities would be to get discover masonry, possibly discover iron working, start the oracle in Kyoto, and discover organized religion (monotheism) for a judaism run if possible. Right now, the early marble and org religion outweigh Germany's industrious +50% to wonder building trait.

My plan was to use oracle for metal casing, and then use Germany to run a forge and run for the colossus, but anything may happen. This is only prince, so even though anything may happen, we'll still likely succeed.

Drasca said:
Right now, the early marble and org religion outweigh Germany's industrious +50% to wonder building trait.

Ah, that's the part that I missed. Now i get it. (been up way too late the past few days)

Hi, guys,

What's the command to put up signs and so forth? Is that available only in MP games? I was thinking about the possibilities of using signs for dotmaps in SP games but I haven't been able to find the command.

There's not a lot of point, actually - they don't carry over on save/load, unless they fixed that in the last patch. IIRC you need to go out to the strategic view to place them.

1:27 eastern standard time on Jan. 1 2006, I have the save game and am waiting for Uniqueuponhim to contact me through MSN or send a private message through civfanatics or RB.

Atlas and I are trying to play the game, but it seems the password, RB8, isn't working for either of us, for either of the civs. Did you guys change the password when you played, morred and thunderbunny?

@Snaproll, Drasca, Morred, Thunderbunny

The password is RB8? Yes? It is not working

Uniqueuponhim said:
Atlas and I are trying to play the game, but it seems the password, RB8, isn't working for either of us, for either of the civs. Did you guys change the password when you played, morred and thunderbunny?

The password "RB8" is for the game (for the person joining the host; host doesn't need the password)

The password for each civ is the empty string. Just don't type anything when it asks you for the civ password and hit "ok" (I figured this out completely by accident)

Atlas* said:
@Snaproll, Drasca, Morred, Thunderbunny

The password is RB8? Yes? It is not working

Yes, password is RB8. see above post (It took Morred and I about 4 hours of constant problems before we could start playing)

The password to enter the GAME is RB8 - there should be no password associated with the individual civilizations.

What problem are you guys having? Is it the "can't connect to peer" or whatever? If so, look on the civfanatics main page - there seems to be some issues with gamespy right now. It's possible that's what it is.

Well, we figured out the password thing, but we've tried connecting through gamespy AND directly to each-other, but Atlas can't stay connected to the game for some reason

Uniqueuponhim said:
Well, we figured out the password thing, but we've tried connecting through gamespy AND directly to each-other, but Atlas can't stay connected to the game for some reason

did you try with different people hosting?

Not sure why, but for some reason Direct (with either person hosting) didn't work for Morred and I, neither did Gamespy with me hosting, but Gamespy with Morred hosting worked.

No clue what it worked, but we were just happy that it did.

Well, they seem to be having some error with Atlas' mod folder, I had a go, and it worked fine playing with Unique until we both disconnected from each other. Can an alternate contact Unique?

There error I was getting read "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assests in your mod folder have not been changed"

Since I play MP all the time I can sumise that the problem lies with the file, @Drasca, Thunderbunny, Snaproll, Morred have you or do you run mods?

anyone else, thoughts?

Atlas* said:
There error I was getting read "The save file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assests in your mod folder have not been changed"

Since I play MP all the time I can sumise that the problem lies with the file, @Drasca, Thunderbunny, Snaproll, Morred have you or do you run mods?

I have no mods whatsoever. I also never play MP other than this, so I am of very little use in this case. Sorry :(

I am not running any mods either. And, I clicked "no cheating" when I set up the game, which I believe disables mods anyway. Maybe this is causing the problem somehow?

Top Bottom