RBC7 - Austrian Fascists (C3C Demi SG)

:hammer:

:band:

Well that certainly was brutal!! Far more so for the Ottomans than I imagined :p Ok, I first wrote 'two player turns' and didn't want anyone feeling bad if it took three, but 'one' was a bit quicker than expectations. Well done, and wow, those Hussars are nice -- the Hussar armies... unstoppable.

If we beat Germans to any existing gaps and rush temples, we will probably be very close indeed to the threshold for area. But if not... our "friends" the Germans will pay for their treachery in failure to comply by the terms of our alliance vs Hittites :hammer:

Bede could end this, or if not I can't see it going past Rubber Jello.
Well done, and finish strong!

Charis

I didn't realise until three turns before the end of the war how quickly the Ottomans would fold. I then started to produce more settlers, but certainly not enough to fill the gaps yet.

I would think that the fastest way to a win is attacking Germany. I waited because the armies had to heal.

We only have to defend our bordertowns properly and then attacks with the Hussar armies. When a Hussar armie has 2 or 3 movements left next to a city: the city is ours. It's as simple as that.

Not that it matters much, but the rifle army wasn't a very big help. The Ottomans also didn't dare to attack Hussar armies, as long as they had more than 8 hitpoints left.

The military is scattered around the empire. It was late early this morning, so I didn't take the time to regroup.

While the castrato choir at Bach's Cathedral sings the praises of our invincible Supreme Leaders Charis and Aggie, Bede waltzes the heels off his new boots at the victory balls in Vienna and gives his jeweled sabre to a dusky houri from the Sultan's harem

He unpacks from a dusty trunk the well worn boots and tarnished sabre he wore at the Siege of Mecca, mounts his charger and gallops off to join the armies in the East.

Opera in Berlin and the liberation of the Hapsburgs are his objectives.

[dance] :beer:
but we're waltzing in Vienna

The Victory Ball starts tonight

Within thirty years of the elimination of the Turkish and Scandinavian rabble the German Reich acknowledges our domination

It took 5.5 turns but by 1305AD the Austrian Hussars rule the world

The story is short and brutal (detailed log lost in transit between computers) I built some towns on the German borders and built the railnet out to the SE After lining up forces in the N and SE pulled a tech theft attempt on Bismarck and he immediately declared war The waiting forces pounced taking all his cities in the North and New Hamburg

Otto had six cavalry hidden in the jungles to his north and they immediately counterattacked deep into our territory and took Salonika
The southern counterattack wiped out the two Hussar regiments garrisoned in New Hamburg and he sent another six cavalry to attack Tarsus and four at Pilsener (a new town on the border)The invading force was ripped up by cannon in Tyrana and eliminated by a combination of Hussars, riflemen and an MDI The attackers at Pilsener bloodied their noses on our riflemen and were elimnated in three successive charges by the Hussar army in the mountains above the town
Meanwhile our invading force invested Cologne with a mixed force of cannon, rifles and Hussars

While all this was going on moved some settlers into unclaimed ground, built some towns and found gainful employment for the worker army

After that first round of partially successful counterattacks Otto ran out of rooster Cologne fell the same turn I founded the two towns that claimed the last of the needed ground On the interval between Otto galloped several cavalry right past Cologne , though he did waste a couple of cav on the rearguard of Hussars and riflemen

Ah, sweet victory. Danke schoen and a tip of the busby to those who made it possible: FranzCharis Warrior Non Pareil(mein host), Aggie the Turk Killer, RJ the Flexible who built the railroads and drove the cod eaters out of town

Appropriate screen shots and final save will follow when server cooperates

Way to go Bede, a nice finish to a strong game. Twas indeed a pleasure to hook up with you guys. For a 'new' team we did well together. :hammer:

Aye Aggie, we 'learned' more about Armies this game than Fascism, I'm afraid, but we'll get a brief peak on corruption and income and support soon, anyway.

Bede, do remember to post the pre-victory save when server allows (tis up now, btw)

Charis

Congrats all to a well-played game, and some great write-ups! This one was fun to follow. (Still looking forward to the 'shadow' games also!)

Thanks to all for a great and enjoyable game! :D

I'm excited about the unit support aspect of Fascism. I'm going to try a very long game on a Huge map with domination as a goal and the only "modern" government would be Feuldalism. I might diverge it half way through and see what Communism does and see the plusses and minuses in that setting.

Hussars Ho! :goodjob:

(By the way. I'm playing Austria-Hungary in the Napoleonic Scenario in a PBEM game. The Hussars and Hussar Armies are kicking some major butt there also - even against units that have much better stats them they do!)

Top Bottom