1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-Upload of EMA version .74

Discussion in 'Civ4 - European Middle Ages Mod' started by Ajidica, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Here is the version of .74 I have on my comp. It may be a tad different than the version HeadSerf uploaded way back in 07 because I made a few minor tweaks to it. Anyhow, here is the main download:
    http://www.filefront.com/16801113/European Middle Ages 0.74.rar

And here is the soundtrack:
    http://www.filefront.com/16801301/EMA Soundtrack.rar

Instructions are included in the mod, but just drop it into the EMA assets folder.

If Filefront ever deletes it on me, just send me a PM and I'll re-upload it. It took longer this time because I couldn't find the HDD it was on.

2. Tsukasa

Tsukasa Warlord

the link seems to be broken
    i cant download :(

--> File is Unavailable.

3. Ajidica

Ah crap. Filefront deleted it because not enough people were dling it. I'll upload it again. If anyone knows of any good filesharing sites that don't require me to pay money to upload, let me know.

4. nikgogol

nikgogol Chieftain

Unfortunately, the file is still not up on filefront. Thanks for all your work!

5. TC01

TC01 Deity

I'll say what I always say- WePlayCiv. No money required, and it has no file size limit.

6. stolenrays

stolenrays Deity

7. Ajidica

I'll re-upload it on WePlayCiv later this afternoon.

8. Ajidica

Sorry about the delay, but I lost my copy of EMA when I cleaned out my Hard Drive. My friend has a copy but I won't get a chance to upload it for about a week.
    In the meantime I reccomend checking out the Sword of Islam mod EmbryoDead made for RFC. You can find it in the RFC modmods subforum.

9. dknight237

dknight237 Chieftain

why not post it on strategy informer.com? there is an old version of EMA on that website

10. Nicopol

Nicopol Warlord

it's not working (link). at least for me...

11. Ajidica

Frill. I forgot to keep a copy when I switched to windows 7.

You can try PMing Craig_Sutter. He was a team member and might still have a copy.

12. dknight237

dknight237 Chieftain

I PMed him a while back, unfortunately he does not have a copy

13. el_hidalgo

el_hidalgo Prince

14. Rubrum

Rubrum Chieftain

Is version 0.74 still available, if possible? The one in the link is version 0.4, but the Dark Ages mod (which I would like to play) is only for version 0.74

15. Cor'e =)

Cor'e =) Warlord

Is this Mod truly lost?

16. hr_oskar

hr_oskar Deity

The mod as a whole isn't lost but as far as I can tell versions past 0.4, such as the 0.74 version mentioned here, may be lost. I'm the creator of the mod in its original form and worked on it until v0.3 or v0.4 (not sure which); I currently only have v0.4.

As I announced in another thread here, I'm planning to start developing this mod again (after a break of 4 years!). The team which kept developing the mod after I left it (Craig Sutter, Headserf, Aijidica, possibly more) isn't involved anymore so I will simply work on it according to my own ideas, either from v0.4 onwards or perhaps v0.74 if I find it anywhere.

I'm hoping to start working on it in January once the holidays are over :)

17. dknight237

dknight237 Chieftain

happy to hear it, sad that .74 is lost, i guess this is what they mean by digital dark age

18. ww2commander

ww2commander Emperor

It seems that the medieval bug is biting quite a few posters!

Having been absent from the Civ4 scene for a few years, I also have decided to start working on a medieval mod. The funny part is that I know little about the middle ages so this is kind of a education experience as well as modding challange for me.

I have gone through numerous forum and like various ideas and concepts introduced into this European Middel Ages mod, RFC Europe and Sword of Islam. In fact, I am shamed to admit that I will likely 'borrow' some good bits out of these mods if my mod ever reaches the light of day (of course with credit given to the owners of the components!).

The approach I am taking is as follows:
    - Use the Giant Earth Map DLL and mod components as they include RevolutionDCM, BUG etc. This also has capacity for 50 civs which allows minor players on the map.

- Focus the game play around potential outcomes rather than scripted historic outcomes. What this means is that each civ gets an equal opportunity to change the course of its history rather than being restricted into a scripted direction (ala RFC).

- Objective is to reach 1500-1600ad as one of the major nations in existence at that time. This means of course that other civs not around at that time get less or no focus in being represented on the board.

Whether I get to the finish line is yet to be seen, but for now I am chugging along very slowly as it keeps me busy.

19. vktj

vktj Warlord

20. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Thx for the upload, I will try it
    Might find some useful stuff for RFCEurope ;)
    Btw... did I get it right, and this is an XML only mod?