1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Real Era Stop 2.9

Allows to stop research (of techs and civics) at specific Era (Classical to Atomic)

1. The Happy Dalek

The Happy Dalek Chieftain

Do you plan on working on some sort of Rise and Fall update?

2. Infixo

Infixo Deity

3. Azurai

Azurai Chieftain

4. Infixo

Infixo Deity

„Standard ruleset” means that you are not using R&F. The mod works with Standard Ruleset. And, no, you cannot use R&F civs with standard ruleset.

5. Infixo

Infixo Deity

6. Infixo

Infixo Deity

7. gelodgreat

gelodgreat Prince

Would you upload this on steam workshop?

8. Infixo

Infixo Deity

9. Infixo

Infixo Deity

10. Infixo

Infixo Deity

11. Infixo

Infixo Deity

12. Exletrum

Exletrum Chieftain

*Custom Calendars*
    And if I choose this feature, what speed will be in the game? (construction speed):thumbsup:
    or the game speed is also edited from the config?

13. Infixo

Infixo Deity

This doesn't affect any actual speed of anything. It just tweaks the date displayed in the top-right corner.
    It is for immersion, but to use it properly you need to slow down the game pace using other mods. So, e.g. if the last era is Medieval, it would take you 500 turns to research 3 eras. Then, you can use Custom Calendar and at turn 500 the date wil be "year 1350", not 2050.

14. Infixo

Infixo Deity

15. rubolter

rubolter Chieftain

Good day. Thank you for all that you have done!
    Could you add to your wonderful mod the ability to customize the turns amount in each era?
    something like:
    Code:
    UPDATE Eras_XP1 SET GameEraMinimumTurns = GameEraMinimumTurns*4.5;
    UPDATE Eras_XP1 SET GameEraMaximumTurns = GameEraMaximumTurns*6;

16. Infixo

Infixo Deity

@rubolter
    I suppose you want to extend the eras that are left in the game? But you would also need to change the cost of techs and civis to be aligned with game eras. There are mods that can do that.
    As a rule, RES doesn’t change anything in the game except things that are a result of removals it is doing. And I want to keep it this way.
    Edit. Also, length of eras is a balance thing, eveyone likes it differently :)

17. rubolter

rubolter Chieftain

you mean no, I understand. But also everyone could adjust the amount of turns in era on their own.

18. uRabbit

uRabbit Chieftain

First of all, love the mod. I've used it on several play-throughs.

However, I'm confused about the way time progresses. In my current game, I chose Epic game time, but I'm on turn 197 / year 340 AD, and we're already in the Atomic Era. Does Real Era Stop somehow increase the calendar speed?

Also, I don't see it happening in this game for some reason, but when those calendar eras would change, the graphic rendering of the cities would change as well (to the appropriate skin for that era). Has this been fixed?

Is there another mod that will stop the era calendar?

edit: Also, it appears that Zulu's Unique Ability is broken – cannot form Corps after Mercenaries Civic

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  19. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Calendars are independent from actual game progress. They are just for immersion and flavor. From the game perspective, what matters are only turns. The era is calculated based on tech and civic trees.
    If you play at Normal speed, you can choose from Advanced Options to use a calendar adjusted for the last era. But be aware - this just makes the calendar years pass slower, so they take 500 turns. It doesn't affect tech and civic tree progress. If you finish them in e.g. 100 turns, you will still be in a further era against the calendar.
    To truly align calendars with the game progress, you would need to sync them with the trees i.e. modify also costs of techs and research. This is beyond the scope of this mod.

This is purely SQL mod, no graphics is affected. I don't know the details on how the look of cities is chosen.

You have to look for it by yourself I am afraid. There are several mods that modify calendars and tree costs.

Make sure your game is updated. I remember there was an issue with that in vanilla game.
    If the problem still persists, please post info on what is the last era, logs, and maybe a savefile if you don't use too many mods.

20. uRabbit

uRabbit Chieftain

Thanks, @Infixo

Game is up to date. I've done some extensive testing, starting a new game with no mods, and starting a fresh one each time I enable a mod, to narrow down which mod is causing the issue.

Looks like Real Era Stop is indeed preventing the Zulu unique ability from working. That is, the ability to form corps with the Mercenary Civic instead of the Nationalism Civic.

edit: I'll get some logs 'n stuff.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019