1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Real Strategy (AI) 2.0

Making AI better. One bit at a time.

1. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

That's a relief, I was considering using vanilla ai!

By the way is this mod better with a certain difficulty? I haven't played civ since Revolution so I'm working my way up from Prince.

2. Infixo

Infixo Deity

3. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Does the mod has effect on how the new Maya AI civ go for victory?
    Anyway, on King difficulty, quick speed, continents, RST on - Maya AI won space in around mid-20th century... (turn 255)

4. Infixo

Infixo Deity

I have not yet put any specific rules for Maya or Gran Colombia, needed to play with them first a bit. However, I have added in v1.6 a support for modded civs that don't have flavors so this should work for Maya and GC. They both will use the default mod mechanisms. This in turn would mean that Maya should build Observatories as they are cheap, and they will give her an edge in Science thus triggering a Science victory. After that RST rules for Science Victory will trigger and work as usual, and she should go for it till the end of the game.

Btw, in the DLC there are virtually no rules for Maya and GC. These are the worst implemented AIs for any Civ I have seen in the game. Looks like they just forgot about them.

5. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

Thanks @Infixo for your continued support and communication. I only hope Firaxis takes note of the shortcomings you have found.

Infixo likes this.
  6. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

I'm really grateful that you made this mod, especially as Civ6 is not that friendly to modders.

Infixo likes this.
  7. Exletrum

Exletrum Chieftain

Nice mod.
    I tested much games with a scientific victory
    Experience has shown that AI have successes in science when there are a lot of neighbors next to them.
    Therefore, it is better not to play on a large map with a small number of players

By the way, what about the ambitions of science in all variants of victory?
    If configure parameters of science for each civilization, then this does not give anything
    I think nothing more can be done? [anyway anti-strategy help!:c5happy:]

8. Infixo

Infixo Deity

9. citizen_electron

citizen_electron Chieftain

PSA: This mod seems to have a conflict with YnAMP
    I was trying to figure out if the mod was enabled. I played up to about Modern Era twice and it still seemed like the AI was being its default dumb self. I noticed that it didn't show up on the Additional Content from in-game or on the save file description.
    To install it I had unzipped the files and put them in .../Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization VI (Epic)/Mods/Real Strategy, so I was pretty sure I had done it correctly because Yet (not) Another Map Pack was showing up and was installed the same way.
    When I looked at Additional Content: Real Strategy was there and I could Enable/Disable it.
    But when I disabled YnAMP, Real Strategy started showing up in-game.
    I didn't think there would be a conflict since I thought different things were modified. It's not a huge deal to me personally since YnAMP's algorithm failed to generate nice-looking Terra+New World maps, but I wanted to point it out to others who might search for the problem because I spent a good amount of time trying to figure it out. However, I was using a banlist within YnAMP to disable the AI from getting certain random civs since it plays them poorly. Oh well, I'll see if Real Strategy fixes them up!
    Thank you so much for making this Infixo, I can't wait to experience it.

@Infixo Okay I will do some testing, but might not post the results for a few days.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  10. Infixo

Infixo Deity

11. miguelito123

miguelito123 Chieftain

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.. I downloaded this, unpacked it and added it to my mods folder..it seemed to work when I started a game but I cannot load my saved game. The only advice I see is about this is: "- The mod's flag "affects save files" is set to FALSE. You can enable / disable it whenever you want. However, it stores its own data in a save-file, so after a reload a civ can continue its behavior uninterrupted."

I dont understand this, can someone please let me know how I get this to work?

Also thanks to Infixo for actually putting in so much time and work into this

Thank you

12. Infixo

Infixo Deity

13. miguelito123

miguelito123 Chieftain

Thanks for the reply. This is my only mod. I just unziped it and added it to the mods folder

When I try to load a game with this enabled it says "Error - One or more mods failed to load content" but seeing as its my only thing Ive added to the game Im not sure what else it could be

*I just downloaded and unzipped it again to try that. Same problem. Other than putting this folder in my mod folder i havent added any others or modified any files... If I disable this mod it will load the saved game.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  14. Infixo

Infixo Deity

15. miguelito123

miguelito123 Chieftain

Thank you

Attached Files:

• test.7z
      File size:
      29.1 KB
      Views:
  16. Infixo

Infixo Deity

17. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

Where do I find these files?

18. Infixo

Infixo Deity

19. FloodPlain

FloodPlain Chieftain

I am having an issue with my current game, any idea what is causing it?

Attached Files:

20. Infixo

Infixo Deity