Real Strategy (AI)

Real Strategy (AI) 2.3.1

I want the AI to bring overwhelming force when at war with me. So instead of bringing 3-4 naval missile cruisers and subs to attack me, it will amass a force of around 10 and bring all those ships at once. What values would I change for this?

I noticed a comment on the Workshop page claiming that the AI is too passive, and I feel like I've noticed a similar thing. I've been declared on once over the course of two games that made it to about the Industrial era, and I almost completely ignored my military in both of them.

Caveat: I haven't played a single game with the vanilla AI. Didn't seem to be any point based on past Civ games, especially with an AI mod available from someone who's worked with the VP crew.

What I’ve noticed repeatedly with this mod is it makes the AI go for religion/GP a loss less often vs vanilla. I have tested in about 5 of my games. I tend to go for RV so this actually makes the game easier for me so I ended up disabling it. I guessed it might be due to the fact that with the mod, AI sets strategy in early game and a fewer end up choosing religion vs in vanilla most end up building holy sites or choosing the exodus dedication. Other than that I do like the other aspects of the mod such as AI consistently building more military. (Deity, all standard settings)

@oedali Yes, AI goes for RV less frequent. It is by desgn. I wanted only RV-suited Civs to go for it. All other Civs have reduced "likeness" for Prophet Points and Faith. My goal was for them to NOT start the game with Holy Site but rather Campus or invest in infrastructure.

@oedali Yes, AI goes for RV less frequent. It is by desgn. I wanted only RV-suited Civs to go for it. All other Civs have reduced "likeness" for Prophet Points and Faith. My goal was for them to NOT start the game with Holy Site but rather Campus or invest in infrastructure.

That made me think of something - to make a challenging game, if I disable all victory conditions except RV with this mod, does that mean they would all go for GP? What would the ones who don’t get a GP do rest of the game? (Go for score victory?)

That made me think of something - to make a challenging game, if I disable all victory conditions except RV with this mod, does that mean they would all go for GP? What would the ones who don’t get a GP do rest of the game? (Go for score victory?)
Well... I explained a couple of times for Domination victory that it doesn’t work like this, BUT there is a difference in RV.
In domination the strength of the opponent matters, so if all start building units, it will lead to a stalemate.
In RV however it doesn’t matter. There is no info about “strength” of the opponent, so it should not stop AI.
All AI will have RV triggered, and will try to build Holy Sites, and produce religious units, etc. so, I suppose it should make religious game harder.
The ones without Prophet will not have a fallback plan. But they will still have RV because it will be the only only option available. I don’t think you will notice a big difference.
However, if you want harder RV then disable like 2 victories. Get half of civs religious, the rest random. That way you should end- up with 2-3 strong RV civs, able to convert others and being a real enemy.

... you are a technician !!! AI after too expensive buys strategic and rare resources (change if can)

@Infixo are you going to update this mod after each Pack/Community Update within the New Frontier Pass? as I understand, currently there is no support for Pack 2 yet.
The mod is working ok, there were no changes that would require big updates.
It only needs Ethiopia to be included. Without that, Ethiopia just gets default flavors, but it shouldn’t cause problems.
I am not sure if SS are in any way exposed to the modders, in terms of AI, need to check that.

Do you have any plans to update the original mod? (do not adapt)
Is it possible to change the thresholds for declare (war) / advance units (attack) in a war? It just works somehow crookedly

Last edited:
What are the incompatibilities like for this mod in general? Is it compatible with mods that add units, add technologies, change the pacing of the game, add new civs, add more content to old civs, all of JFD's rule with faith pack(more government and new faith mechanics)?

Sorry, I am new to this forum so I don't know how to mention you in a comment.

More content to existing civs, as in mods like Sui Generis, I am guessing that is a yes based on the other replies though.

Shame about rule with faith, but I can understand why. Just wondering, will the ai just ignore rule with faith mechanics entirely, or will the ai use vanilla mechanics? Basically wondering how incompatible is it, do you think it will work, or will there be gameplay breaking consequences?

@Cactorum Rex Use the @ sign to mention someone,
I don’t know the details of the RwF mod, just saw the scope of it and depth of changes. I would expect that RwF by itself has some extra AI rules to support it - but this you have to clarify with authors.
And when I say that RST and RwF are rather incompatible I mean the AI logic or results. Technically you might still run them both, with no errors. RST is designed to support vanilla game rules like 5 victory conditions, default lines of units, etc.

... make rare resources even cheaper if you can because it's better for the game

Top Bottom