Realism Invictus

This might already be mentioned, but when are vassal states available? By what technology?

By the way, great job on the mod. This is my first mod, worked perfectly, plus I see the extensive work you put into this. You deserve much more than just a few compliments dude. Really. YOU DESERVE AN EMPIRE :)

This might already be mentioned, but when are vassal states available? By what technology?

By the way, great job on the mod. This is my first mod, worked perfectly, plus I see the extensive work you put into this. You deserve much more than just a few compliments dude. Really. YOU DESERVE AN EMPIRE :)

Yeah, this was a bit weird - but:

I think you need to have the Feudal civic in order to offer vassalage/get vassals in a war at first. But then at some other point you can get them through war and stuff without the civic, but I'm as lost as you as to when exactly those points are.

Yeah, this was a bit weird - but:

I think you need to have the Feudal civic in order to offer vassalage/get vassals in a war at first. But then at some other point you can get them through war and stuff without the civic, but I'm as lost as you as to when exactly those points are.

Ok, thanks alot dude. btw, I think it's a tech, not a civic.
Anyways, I have a couple other questions. What's the difference between an electric railroad and a regular one? What's the movement ranges for each?
And when a national wonder becomes obsolete (such as a great general one), does it still take up one of the [two?] slots for national wonders in a city?

I'd appreciate it alot if someone can answer my questions.

Anyways, I have a couple other questions. What's the difference between an electric railroad and a regular one? What's the movement ranges for each?
And when a national wonder becomes obsolete (such as a great general one), does it still take up one of the [two?] slots for national wonders in a city?

Well I know the OFFERING of vassalage needs the civic at least at first - I got the tech that gives Feudal civic, but it wasn't until I switched that the option appeared on my diplo screens.

Well I know the OFFERING of vassalage needs the civic at least at first - I got the tech that gives Feudal civic, but it wasn't until I switched that the option appeared on my diplo screens.

Heh, thanks. Another random question: can you abandon a city?

Yes, vassalage is related to the tech.
Electric Railroad moves units faster than regular ones. Regular railroad moves units 8 tiles, electric one ten tiles IIRC.
I can't remember any national wonder becoming obsolete, I guess they retain their power all through the game.
IIRC you can build more than two national wonders per city. There's no restriction.

So just started playing this mod, and I'm enjoying almost everything in it except for the AI. There doesn't seem to be any personality to any of the leaders like in vanilla.

With AI understanding victory conditions on, the AI just expands to their limit, and then like clockwork DoWs me everytime. Sometimes their units might not even arrive for 15 or 20 turns.

Occasionally I hand them their head and make peace, then wait for them to declare war a handful of turns later. Where are the Ghandis? Seems like only Shakas, and Genghis Khans..

Yes, vassalage is related to the tech.
Electric Railroad moves units faster than regular ones. Regular railroad moves units 8 tiles, electric one ten tiles IIRC.
I can't remember any national wonder becoming obsolete, I guess they retain their power all through the game.
IIRC you can build more than two national wonders per city. There's no restriction.

Thanks so much for answering my questions. I'm just not used to this mod because there's no real specific change log (that would be just far too much work). And one more question if you don't mind: What's IIRC?

Unfortunately, no.

edit: you can leave it undefended and hope some angry slaves take it, though :D

Hehe, yeah. It's too bad that you can't actually abandon a city. There's a couple reasons why you might want to in real life situations. Like if the city contains a very contagious, deadly virus. Or if a power plant failed and spilled radioactive waste all over the city. Or simply because the city is taking too much money from the govt to maintain itself (not only in real life but also in civ4).

I just wish that you can abandon a city cause Hanno gave me a city and about 6 techs after I beat the crap out of his troops. And the city is taking up too much gold. But that's too much to ask of the developers, cause they put so much effort into making this mod so amazing.

Anyways, I let the city starve to 1 and gave back the city to Hanno so he has to deal with another city to maintain. I'm a terrible person >:D

Thanks so much for answering my questions. I'm just not used to this mod because there's no real specific change log (that would be just far too much work). And one more question if you don't mind: What's IIRC?

It's an acronym for If I Remember Correctly.

I have to ask (Since I lack or can't seem to find a FAQ), why aren't the BtS civs in yet/are you working on including them? Of course, I'm not thinking of stuff like the HRE and the Portuguese or Dutch, but rather the Mayans, the Ethiopians, the Khmer and the Babylonians. Are they just too big of a mouthful to have included right now? I'd assume that were the case because you've spent so much time addressing minor parts of everything in Civ.

I'm asking because I know it's "shallow" or "snobby" of me, but I actually don't want to play this before you have those guys in... :)

I have to ask (Since I lack or can't seem to find a FAQ), why aren't the BtS civs in yet/are you working on including them? Of course, I'm not thinking of stuff like the HRE and the Portuguese or Dutch, but rather the Mayans, the Ethiopians, the Khmer and the Babylonians. Are they just too big of a mouthful to have included right now? I'd assume that were the case because you've spent so much time addressing minor parts of everything in Civ.

I'm asking because I know it's "shallow" or "snobby" of me, but I actually don't want to play this before you have those guys in... :)

The Ethiopians are in RI.
Sumer, Babylon won't be playable but derivative civs.
Portugal, Netherlands will one day or another become playable.
Khmer, Mayas aren't playable and won't be unless we find time to make proper rosters and GPs.

We have added Poland as playable civ.
A large pack of civs are already in the SVN version as derivative civs (Mexico, Texas, Ukraine, Taiwan as examples).

What are derirative civs? I have read a bit on the mechanics, but not enough to know this.

Also, I'm not one to talk (I shouldn't make the decisions) but including Portugal and Netherlands and not the Near Eastern ancient civs doesn't seem right imo.

Also, Re:your sig: I've once tried having my gunship being poked down by a Pikeman. It was a really interesting watch. Try to imagine it. xD

Also, Re:your sig: I've once tried having my gunship being poked down by a Pikeman. It was a really interesting watch. Try to imagine it. xD

Was it on a mountain? Clearly the helicopter pilot was zooming up a valley and the pikeman threw his spear out of rage and got caught in the rotor... ;)

First, I have to say, I absolutely love this mod. So much work went into it. I do have a question. After playing for a while, it takes 4-5 minutes to process between turns. Any suggestions on how to cut this down?

First, I have to say, I absolutely love this mod. So much work went into it. I do have a question. After playing for a while, it takes 4-5 minutes to process between turns. Any suggestions on how to cut this down?

Turning off "Show friendly moves" helps, you have to watch out for stacks though. Or get a book and read while the turn is processed :D

lol, it seems like I will never run out of questions :p

Does upgrading a unit erase some experience points? Like when I upgraded a swordsman that had 14/17 exp, it upgraded and remained 14/17. I remember in the unmodded version that any unit that has more than 10 points (like 14/17) got downgraded to 10/17. Just checking if this is a bug, cause if it is, it's one awesome bug :D

Top Bottom