Hi

The installer of V3.5 stops at different stages on the different tries :
upload_2021-4-8_8-48-25.png

Anything I should do ?

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-8_8-46-32.png
    upload_2021-4-8_8-46-32.png
    439.5 KB · Views: 54
The most obvious version is freeing up some space, both on the drive you're installing to and the one your temporary files folder resides (if it's different).
Did so with what I could erase.
I suppose I will try the "light" version if it does not work then.
Thank you for your quick answer.

EDIT :
Ok it worked. Thanks for the tip. Didn't know I had to make some space on the main drive.

Is it really working as intended in the sepataratism/revolution when a city just suddenly turns over to Barbarians and most of your culture gets swapped to barbarians?
I like the mechanism but it's so tedious to build that culture up again especially when barbarian culture is suddenly 5-6times of what i have meaning near constant city-swapping due to revolts

I wonder why I can't get the RI Huge NoAm Sasia map by WaywardRogue77 to appear in the scenario options even though I put it into PrivateMaps. The RI Crusades map doesn't appear in the scenario options either. I'm playing with 3.5 with the latest hotfix, not the SVN version.

I'm really not a fan of the new UI theme, I find it quite difficult to read text on it.

Is it really working as intended in the sepataratism/revolution when a city just suddenly turns over to Barbarians and most of your culture gets swapped to barbarians?
I like the mechanism but it's so tedious to build that culture up again especially when barbarian culture is suddenly 5-6times of what i have meaning near constant city-swapping due to revolts

Yes. Whichever civ gets the city through revolution gets the majority culture there.

I wonder why I can't get the RI Huge NoAm Sasia map by WaywardRogue77 to appear in the scenario options even though I put it into PrivateMaps. The RI Crusades map doesn't appear in the scenario options either. I'm playing with 3.5 with the latest hotfix, not the SVN version.

Because technically SVN version and installer version are different mods, and maps made for one don't "see" the other.

I'm a bit confused... What are the conditions for signing open borders in recent SVNs now?

Instead of a single condition (which was relations threshold in vanilla), there is now actual evaluation going on - whether you are ahead or behind in tech, whether you are scary or not, whether you are near or far... For such an important action it was really a shame that AI wasn't aware how to use it as an actual instrument.

I'm really not a fan of the new UI theme, I find it quite difficult to read text on it.

What exactly? Font? Colours? I find the font to be quite readable myself - it's the same one that, for instance, Stellaris uses. That is, of course, if everything works properly on your side. Could you take screenshots of stuff you don't like?

Here's a couple of screenshots from my current game. The font seems thin and spidery to me, and not very legible. I know very little about typesetting, so I'm afraid I can't express myself more clearly than that. The colours are fine, although the 'shine' on the metallic background colour does make it harder to read white text. I do need new glasses, but RI was okay for me until the last update.
I do appreciate you working to make the game easier on the eyes, though: as 'just one more turn' stretches out over the hours eyestrain is a serious risk! :)

upload_2021-4-15_22-59-30.png

upload_2021-4-15_23-10-18.png

Last edited:
At least I know now that everything is working as intended. My intention was obviously to improve the usability, not worsen it - so let's try some tweaks I just uploaded. I'll be keeping the font typeset, but I've increased font sizes (quite drastically in places), darkened backgrounds and reduced transparencies - overall I think it should now be a net improvement in terms of legibility.

That is better, thanks.
Comparing the game to old screenshots, it looks like the new font might be more jagged than the old one.
Also, with the larger font size the income overlaps with the age quite early, so you might want to expand that box as well.

This sounds very complain-y so I'd like to emphasize that I think you've done an excellent job on RI overall, and I just have a different perspective on what works well in this one specific case.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I'm liking the UI changes overall, however since my monitor is better and my eyes worse than in 2005, I still bump up the font sizes a few more notches manually in the interface file.

A big problem with SVN 5314, the new larger main screen lower left interface box overlaps the first 3 units on the unit bar making these units nearly impossible to select. I'm using an ultrawide monitor if that makes any difference. I don't know my way around CvMainInterface.py though I may trial and error a temporary fix myself...

That is better, thanks.
Comparing the game to old screenshots, it looks like the new font might be more jagged than the old one.
Also, with the larger font size the income overlaps with the age quite early, so you might want to expand that box as well.

This sounds very complain-y so I'd like to emphasize that I think you've done an excellent job on RI overall, and I just have a different perspective on what works well in this one specific case.

The UI elements were due for some rescaling even with default fonts anyway; please don't feel like apologizing for bringing up legit issues. Especially since everyone's hardware (and meatware, in case of eyesight) is different, there can always be stuff I wouldn't have noticed myself, like:

I'm liking the UI changes overall, however since my monitor is better and my eyes worse than in 2005, I still bump up the font sizes a few more notches manually in the interface file.

A big problem with SVN 5314, the new larger main screen lower left interface box overlaps the first 3 units on the unit bar making these units nearly impossible to select. I'm using an ultrawide monitor if that makes any difference. I don't know my way around CvMainInterface.py though I may trial and error a temporary fix myself...

...this. I know the issue you're talking about since I very specifically fixed it at my side for 5314. It must be ultrawide-specific, since I don't see it at any wide or 3:4 resolution here on my side. I even created a 1920x800 resolution that's wider than what my video/monitor setup would normally suggest and it works fine there too. Can you please play around with resolutions so you can verify the ones that it does and doesn't occur on? CvMainInterface.py has almost no specific provisions for wider resolutions so I kinda assumed it would work on ultrawides too if it works on narrower ones.

"Fixed"

In game, in the BUG settings on the Plot List tab I changed Draw Method from BUG to Vanilla. When set to BUG, the first 3 units are behind the lower left box, when set to PLE they are in front of the box, and on Vanilla they are appropriately positioned next to the box. I'm not really sure what I'm giving up by not using the "BUG draw code".

"Fixed"

In game, in the BUG settings on the Plot List tab I changed Draw Method from BUG to Vanilla. When set to BUG, the first 3 units are behind the lower left box, when set to PLE they are in front of the box, and on Vanilla they are appropriately positioned next to the box. I'm not really sure what I'm giving up by not using the "BUG draw code".

And now actually fixed. Thanks for pinpointing it, would have taken me forever to find.

Yay I got the SVN working! I tried to download it 2 months ago but I had problems. I have tried many very great Civ IV mods during the past year and done some stuff on my own but I think I can't bypass Realism Invictus. Beautiful mod!

I still use bigger font sizes for my copy. There is slight overlap but I don't mind it. If anyone is interested the code is below. Just change the numbers manually. (I don't know the exact meaning of every number but those will do for me.)

The file is located at: ...\Mods\Realism\Resource\Themes\Realism\Civ4Theme_Common

Spoiler code :

Code:
GFont    .Size0_Normal            =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Regular",        11, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_ALPHA));
GFont    .Size0_Bold              =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Bold",           11, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_BOLD,    GFC_FONT_ALPHA));
GFont    .Size0_Italic            =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Italic",         11, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_ITALIC, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));
GFont    .Size0_BoldItalic        =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Bold Italic",    11, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_BOLD,    GFC_FONT_ITALIC, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));

GFont    .Size1_Normal            =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Regular",        15, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));
GFont    .Size1_Bold              =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Bold",           12, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_BOLD,    GFC_FONT_ALPHA));
GFont    .Size1_Italic            =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Italic",         12, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_ITALIC, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));
GFont    .Size1_BoldItalic        =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Bold Italic",    12, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_BOLD,    GFC_FONT_ITALIC, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));

GFont    .Size2_Normal            =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Regular",        15, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));
GFont    .Size2_Bold              =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Bold",           14, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_BOLD,    GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));
GFont    .Size2_Italic            =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Italic",         14, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_ITALIC, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));
GFont    .Size2_BoldItalic        =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Bold Italic",    14, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_BOLD,    GFC_FONT_ITALIC, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));

GFont    .Size3_Normal            =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Regular",        16, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_ALPHA));
GFont    .Size3_Bold              =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Bold",           20, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_BOLD,    GFC_FONT_ALPHA));
GFont    .Size3_Italic            =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Italic",         15, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_ITALIC, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));
GFont    .Size3_BoldItalic        =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Bold Italic",    15, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_BOLD,    GFC_FONT_ITALIC, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));

GFont    .Size4_Normal            =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Regular",        22, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_ALPHA));
GFont    .Size4_Bold              =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Bold",           22, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_BOLD,    GFC_FONT_ALPHA));
GFont    .Size4_Italic            =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Italic",         22, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_ITALIC, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));
GFont    .Size4_BoldItalic        =    GFont("Century Gothic",        "Bold Italic",    22, GFlags(GFontFeature, GFC_FONT_BOLD,    GFC_FONT_ITALIC, GFC_FONT_ALPHA), 0, GRectMargin(1));

What can we expect as the next official release, a patch or a new version perhaps?

Last edited:
Great mod. Absolutely love it. I also agree, the new interface looks amazing.

This is a small nitpick but I'd like to suggest changing the civic "Social Justice" to something like "Egalitarianism." I personally find the term "Social Justice" to be a vague controversial term that's not well defined. You'll get very different definitions depending on who you ask. I think "Egalitarianism" is a more descriptive and agreed upon definition of what the civic is trying to portray. It's also a term that has a deeper historical meaning attached to it and would make a lot of sense in the context of the game.

Top Bottom