Realism Invictus

Funny thing happens when a barb settles: The city tile has more than 100% culture. It ticked down a little bit over the next few turns until it snapped to an expected display adding up to 100% again after the new civ exited it's anarchy.

Might be an engine quirk, or something to do with caching. I will look at it, but I don't have high hopes of finding anything.

Was wondering if there is a ZIP download?

Not per se, but if you want to, you can check the SVN version out, it is currently equivalent to 3.55.

What are the feelings towards the revolutions component in 3.55, especially in the earth scenario? (asking because these games take a fair amount of time and I'd rather not realise halfway through I'd rather have been playing with the option turned off.)

Well if you didn't like the feature before 3.55, you won't like it now, little has changed as far as I can see, except it was turned off by default.

I like it because it makes for a more unpredictable and dynamic game.

Arguably it favours the human player as large AI empires will often collapse into smaller states...

What is the SVN version and where can i find it?

Well if you didn't like the feature before 3.55, you won't like it now, little has changed as far as I can see, except it was turned off by default.

I like it because it makes for a more unpredictable and dynamic game.

Arguably it favours the human player as large AI empires will often collapse into smaller states...

Are they at least collapsing in a natural-feeling manner? (ie. peripheral and conquered cities breaking away instead of the core cities?)

Last edited:
With just one, ongoing 3.55 game I'm not very well placed to comment,

but I suspect that since the feature was disabled, little further effort was spent on changing this particular game mechanic and it's the same as before...

In my current game it feels logical yes, the Malinese conquered the Romans and Americans and gained control of their continent.

Later the former capitals revolted and re-established themselves as independent states, which was nice to see :)

Hi im playing and enjoying this mod since a while. What bothers is me is that it is very difficult to identify the enemys army. When go with the mouse over a unit i get the Name but no Information about the class (is it a melee or a skirmisher, siege... Etc.) so I have to go to the civilopedia and search for every single unit. Is there a way to get this kind of Information more easy?

The black tiles also reappeared with me (first time trying 3.55). :( Clearing the cache and reinstalling the mod didn't work. I'm not inclined to reinstall Civ4 altogether (which fixed it for me with 3.5), since I know it's all vanilla files in the Civ4 directory now.

I had the same problem with all black tiles. I went to my graphics card settings. I changed the graphics rendering from my graphics card to OpenGL and fixed the problem.

Is this a windows setting? If it is where can you find it?

Is this a windows setting? If it is where can you find it?

It is your graphics card control panel settings. If you have Nvidia then you go to Nvidia Control Panel, select Manage 3D Settings, Program Settings, find Civ 4, look for Open GL rendering and switch it to auto. If you are using an AMD card I can't help you but it is probably similar.

Two broad suggestions for the next version of RI, if/when that happens.

1. The BAT Mod has slideshow videos for many national wonders. Adding those to the game, if feasible, would be really nice.

2a. I like the new music you added in the ancient era, but was there a reason you replaced the old ancient era music? I like the variety.

2b. Dawn of Civilization (Rhye's and Fall modmod) added music unique to religions. Again, more musical variety is imho good, just a suggestion.

This event describes units as Musketman and Fulisier, but the Fulisier base unit has recently been renamed to Line Infantry, and the Musketman refers to the Arquebusier, I'm guessing. The fail condition of Railroads tech could also use adjusting, as Machine Guns are their own tech now, and you already get Military Industry before that point, which unlocks the Rifleman that is not counted in this quest.

Attachments

• fulisier.png
    fulisier.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 58
nevermind, i repaired it
i just removed towns who tried to rewolt using worldbuilder and it work

after few turns, game system decide that i`m in peace with ming, in meantime it didnt lock relations on "peace" only i was still at war ang game crash
play two turns in this game and you understand what i have on thought, since english isnt my native language
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ayvibz

I love the mod, but I don't like the epidemic mechanic. I understand and completely agree that it's realistic. I just find that it makes the game less enjoyable for me. Does it have a game purpose other than realism? Is it possible to disable it, or at least reduce its effect a bit?

In my actual game i made two Observations. I have some questions about that which I would like to ask:
1: The Mongols captured Boston from the americans. A few rounds later i got a message, that "the three... Kingdoms/whatever (I dont recognize it quite well)" have conquered boston from the mongols". First I though a new civ has spawn. But then i saw that boston is americanish again. What has happened? The mongols have much larger army than the americans and has no war with anyone other.

2. Im the leader of buddism. When I use my great Prophet to build a shrine it gains 5 Gold/turn. When I send him to a city he will gain 6gold/turn. Why should i let him build a shrine?

2. Im the leader of buddism. When I use my great Prophet to build a shrine it gains 5 Gold/turn. When I send him to a city he will gain 6gold/turn. Why should i let him build a shrine?
The shrine gives culture and spreads religion. And generates more great people and creates 3 prophet slots.

Last edited:
Top Bottom