Realpolitik CIV - An Interactive AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, despite what I said, I didn't end up with time to formulate anything to distribute to my comrades. However, I will lay out a few of my basic objectives here. Consider this a very informal blueprint of what I hope to get done.

The Irish Negotiations and the Arabian/Russian Peace Negotiations have already been mentioned. The first will take place Sunday, 8pm EST. The second has not been schedule yet, but I hope to take care of it soon after the Irish negotiations.

Domestically, as I mentioned, we will start with a Civic switch to State Property. This will afford a (small) production boost in all cities, extra food from Workshops and Watermills (we may soon want to target some cities for new improvements), and it should dramatically lower our city maintenance costs. I want to attempt to build the Statue of Liberty, as it will prove to be incredibly powerful with so many cities on one landmass. Our Great Engineer will (hopefully) be used to contribute to this project.

Technologically, I was at first hoping to research Combustion, but once we realized that we lack Oil (something which we will have to address soon), the new tech plan will be something like this: finish Democracy > Assembly Line > Fascism > Artillery > ???.

Antium will be tied up with the Statue of Liberty, but Birmingham and at least one or two other cities can continue to produce soldiers and ships to bolster our defenses. Once Assembly Line is research, we will want to build some Factories, though hopefully their construction can be staggered so that all of our cities are not tied up building them all at once.

We also have two Great Generals, a Great Artist, and a Great Merchant. Once the seas are made safe, sending the Merchant on a mission may be a good idea. The Artist could possibly be useful in Russia to cement our cultural hold, although I believe his effects will be relatively minimal as the Russians still have a lot of old culture in the area that we cannot easily overcome. The Generals will probably be settled in troop-building cities, unless a better use is proposed.

Additionally, any loose ends from previous administrations regarding events should be taken care of.

This was general and off the top of my head. I will provide more information as it develops.

Ugh, despite what I said, I didn't end up with time to formulate anything to distribute to my comrades. However, I will lay out a few of my basic objectives here. Consider this a very informal blueprint of what I hope to get done.

The Irish Negotiations and the Arabian/Russian Peace Negotiations have already been mentioned. The first will take place Sunday, 8pm EST. The second has not been schedule yet, but I hope to take care of it soon after the Irish negotiations.

Domestically, as I mentioned, we will start with a Civic switch to State Property. This will afford a (small) production boost in all cities, extra food from Workshops and Watermills (we may soon want to target some cities for new improvements), and it should dramatically lower our city maintenance costs. I want to attempt to build the Statue of Liberty, as it will prove to be incredibly powerful with so many cities on one landmass. Our Great Engineer will (hopefully) be used to contribute to this project.

Technologically, I was at first hoping to research Combustion, but once we realized that we lack Oil (something which we will have to address soon), the new tech plan will be something like this: finish Democracy > Assembly Line > Fascism > Artillery > ???.

Antium will be tied up with the Statue of Liberty, but Birmingham and at least one or two other cities can continue to produce soldiers and ships to bolster our defenses. Once Assembly Line is research, we will want to build some Factories, though hopefully their construction can be staggered so that all of our cities are not tied up building them all at once.

We also have two Great Generals, a Great Artist, and a Great Merchant. Once the seas are made safe, sending the Merchant on a mission may be a good idea. The Artist could possibly be useful in Russia to cement our cultural hold, although I believe his effects will be relatively minimal as the Russians still have a lot of old culture in the area that we cannot easily overcome. The Generals will probably be settled in troop-building cities, unless a better use is proposed.

Additionally, any loose ends from previous administrations regarding events should be taken care of.

This was general and off the top of my head. I will provide more information as it develops.

We should switch to another civic with SP. Maybe Emancipation.

We should switch to another civic with SP. Maybe Emancipation.

I considered that, but I don't think we'll get two switches for 1-turn of Anarchy at this point, but I'll have LH check when he plays the set. Rather than Emancipation, I think that Caste System would be more useful for us at the moment, especially if we land the SoL. I want to avoid a 2-turn anarchy because our opponents may have already started the Statue of Liberty (Korea, I think, was willing to trade Democracy to us during the last set, so it's possible it was already built!), and I don't want to waste any time on it. I calculated that the production bonus from SP would counter-act the lost turn of production from the anarchy in Antium, but 2-turns would be a loss, and we need all the time we can get.

As the sane opposition leader, I am disheartened by the fact that no mention has been made about alleviating the crippling unhappiness and unhealthiness within our population. I would ber intrigued to know if ImpSoc had even researched the reasons for this.

Is it simply War Weariness, or is it emancipation anger combined with other factors?

Our people are crying out for relief from these major problems and I hope that ImpSoc will not ignore them. I think all Britons would be disappointed if no mention of solutions were included in the government's plan.

Happy bday LH!

TW it is not your place to state what the people might or might not be displeased about. Also, you never responded to me earlier.

I think it should be fairly safe to say people are unhappy about being unhappy. I agree that an effort should be made to fix up things on the home front, once the war is decided.

DT
Crusadin' :jesus:

TW it is not your place to state what the people might or might not be displeased about. Also, you never responded to me earlier.

Don't twist my words arya!

I was merely stating that the people are unhappy and unhealthy - which I think to all reasonable observers of screenshots is quite clearly the case.

I was asking the government whether they have investigated these causes, so that we could all know what they are and also so we can see if they plan to do anything about it.

And as I am a leader of the largest opposition party, I think it is well within my remit to ask such questions and demand answers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the reason I haven't answered your earlier question about why I feel 'burned' by being under your 'leadership' is simply I do not wish to discredit you directly in the thread. However, seen as you want an answer I shall give you it.

I asked to be kept informed of all foreign policy issues during the term and to have a chance to be involved, yet I was ignored and was also kept out of the Ireland discussions despite the fact that it is foreign policy and was the expressed wish of the opposition. You said you would 'consider' involving me in these discussions, yet you never replied to me on that or any other issue for the whole term.

I could see then that any agreement with you is not worth the paper it is written on. You will find ways to obfuscate it and not stick to your side of the bargain using the most ridiculous and fallacious reasons.

As far as I am concerned, I do not wish to ever be in a position where I am in a coalition with you where you are the President or Leader. If I make an agreement with someone who gives me power where otherwise I would have none, I would honour it both in word and spirit.

I'd be surprised if you would do either to be honest.

Yes I took a leap of faith to join you and give you the Presidency and some of the things I wanted were not set in stone before then, but you did not show me any kind of respect or involve me in your decision making which would have been a respectful gesture to make considering what I had done for you.

I was merely stating that the people are unhappy and unhealthy - which I think to all reasonable observers of screenshots is quite clearly the case.

I was asking the government whether they have investigated these causes, so that we could all know what they are and also so we can see if they plan to do anything about it.

I suspect, but I am not certain, that much of the unhappiness is due to War Weariness. I have asked LH to confirm this, and I am still awaiting his report. I fully intend to address the happiness and unhealthiness issues insofar as I am able to. The current state of things is rather dangerous, and is significantly detracting from the well-being and productivity of our empire.

I may be able to answer this. It MIGHT be due to the people being angry at the whipping of criminals in order to get more labor for our buildings projects. The unhappiness would explain why LH didn't whip the pop down again.

I may be able to answer this. It MIGHT be due to the people being angry at the whipping of criminals in order to get more labor for our buildings projects. The unhappiness would explain why LH didn't whip the pop down again.

Possibly. I don't know how much LH has whipped, or if he has done any whipping at all. I suppose we'll find out when he gets back to me.

I know he did some in the first set. The pop went down, and they weren't that angry in the update. I also asked him to try and trade for health resources, since that was about the only fix I could come up with in the middle of a war.

LH and Ravus seem to be quite punctual. I am sorry that you were left waiting.

I would like to reschedule the talks at everyone's earliest convenience, and I will make sure to attend this time just in case there are any more mishaps, and perhaps to do a two-fer and just get it all done with.

So i take it something came up stopping you from making it to the talks? I wasnt there, so i wouldnt know. I will make sure to be there next time.

Does anybody else find it a bad example that the new administration has set such a bad precedent? At least i was AT the talks. He has left the Khan feeling insulted, unworthy of the our notice. he has failed in these talks. Why dont we let someone else take over the talks? Maybe TW? Or WIM!? I think the Khan will find both of them very reasonable. The new administration MISSED ITS OWN meeting. It wasnt as if the khan set them a time and place they couldnt make. Its that they just dont care enough. LET THE OPPOSITIONS TAKE OVER THE TALKS!

So i take it something came up stopping you from making it to the talks? I wasnt there, so i wouldnt know. I will make sure to be there next time.

Not exactly. Mech was assigned to be the Admin representative, so having delegated the task, I scheduled other things to do that evening for myself and didn't give it a second thought. Next time, I'll just make sure to be there myself.

Let us pray fervently that the Khan and Catherine and Temujin will understand. I almost crashed the talks(having little else scheduled that evening), perhaps I should have.

-Nukeknockout
Imperial Party Member

Have the talks been resheduled, or do we need to wait for mech to show up to do that? From what I understand the talks didn't actually happen, so if Mech had a valid reason for not showing up we can just overlook it and reshedule them as if nothing happenend. (which it didn't)

DT
Politicin' :shifty:

Does anybody else find it a bad example that the new administration has set such a bad precedent? At least i was AT the talks. He has left the Khan feeling insulted, unworthy of the our notice. he has failed in these talks. Why dont we let someone else take over the talks? Maybe TW? Or WIM!? I think the Khan will find both of them very reasonable. The new administration MISSED ITS OWN meeting. It wasnt as if the khan set them a time and place they couldnt make. Its that they just dont care enough. LET THE OPPOSITIONS TAKE OVER THE TALKS!

Letting the Opposition make decisions and deals the Administration should make is quite possibly one of the worst ideas i've heard in a long time.

Have the talks been resheduled, or do we need to wait for mech to show up to do that? From what I understand the talks didn't actually happen, so if Mech had a valid reason for not showing up we can just overlook it and reshedule them as if nothing happenend. (which it didn't)

DT
Politicin' :shifty:

I deeply apologize for missing the negotiations, but some unexpected family business came up that I had to attend to, and was unable to access a computer until today.

Nice edit there, Arya. Anyone is free to sit in on the talks, but I obviously agree with mechaerik: Allowing a third party to conduct government business is bad business.

Lighthearter: Just let me know, whether here or via PMs, what times would be good for you this week. Ideally, both Ravus and mech can make it, but if not, I'll just handle things myself for the sake of expediency.

Mech: Hope everything is alright with your family. I'm certainly not going to say that one should ignore real-life obligations in favor of a game.

If all else fails, we can have a PM fest between the 3 negotiators... Or we could set up an ad-hoc social group...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom