Rebellion Against The Arkadian Dynasty!!!

Should the AD stay in power?

• Yes

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, it is easy for some here to project all blame on "Triad". But the alternative at the time was not real tempting either. For many of us, the Triad era was good fun. However, I could not condone the absence of leadership in the Legion, with Shattered and Ballazic rivalling each other for influence, and the rest of the Triad being at the mercy of their internal politics.

Can we accept a vote this slim in inactive period? I for one did not have a chance at voting (and might have flipped the result), and I am wondering whether this vote would have passed with majority if this was not the summer vacation.

I am not trying to sound like someone sour or about to lose power and I am willing to accept the vote as is, but I think we should think of what to do about this in the future.

Maybe we should re-poll for a longer period of time? It will only help our reputation, and either way we have already shown that reform is needed.

I think a re-poll may be inorder as well since the poll did not really jive with the way the question was stated.

Provo, I don't think VW was projecting blame here. He was just stating facts. We were talking numbers, that's it.

I was happy to leave this matter settled with the results of the poll. Going back and re-polling may just slow the game down again and disappoint players waiting for a change. Then I read the commonnate and 1889 post. And they make a lot of sense. Diamondeye didn't vote, I purposely didn't vote, and others may have voted incorrectly. Maybe re-polling is called for.

One point I might make is that this kind of thing never would have happened in a Traditional System. :devil:

But a lot of other weird things would surely have taken place in the traditional system. constant repolling, arguing over minor points all the time, a biassed court and so on.

Also, these players are at full liberty to vote for the new prime factions, or make their own. Their contribution to the game would not come from seeking to undo this rebellion, but to build anew, to join some of the factions running for prime factions and develop these faction platforms. Undoing the rebellion would only delay this even more, and at least kill my interest for this, possibly others as well.

We could fit it in without causing a delay though, as it is we are still waiting for Prime Faction Elections to begin and the PoK constitution is not finished. Warlord had tentativly proposed a turn set at the end of the month so if we run Rebellion and then Prime Faction polls for 5 days each we would loose no time at all.

Well, set up a proper rebellion poll then, and if it fails, we can see who still wants to chime in or not...

Oh, good idea.

Whoa! Wait a minute. What if the second poll turns out to not want a rebellion then we'll have a huge cluster and we'll have to bring in the Supreme Court to decide which poll is correct. Lets just move on to faction elections post haste, Arkadian Dynasty could always run in that if they have any active players.

I wouldn't repoll, because the only different result would be that the Arkadian Dynasty (=me) remains in power, and frankly, I don't really want that.

Yes VW I noticed, I am thinking of who to support at the moment... And I was not aiming for a repoll (which would kill the game), but for a way to secure that this stays a democratic game, not a game run by the hardcore forumers who are never leaving monitors for more than a couple of days and are checking rapidly even in vacation periods.

Factions could allow elections.

Top Bottom