Recruiting for 6 player FFA, set time, days flexible

Ok - that's Friday, NZ time, so Thursday at midnight for me.
It will be a busy day for me (my convocation ceremony is that afternoon), but I should be able to do it.

Ok - that's Friday, NZ time, so Thursday at midnight for me.
It will be a busy day for me (my convocation ceremony is that afternoon), but I should be able to do it.

I'm not sure to understand. Can you play friday or not?

Cool. See you guys in 46 and a half hours.

(Al, if it's really not convenient, just give us some notice and we'll do it another time.)

It looks like Monday would likely be our next possible session...or maybe I missed out on a weekend option? In any case, it'd be good to get another session in sooner rather than later, get some flow going with this game.

p.s. I think Tabarnak's first language is French, so sometimes following our discussions gets a little tricky.

Hi, I have been looking around other MP threads these days and found out that someone mentioned about two actions per turn. Is that the case in our game here? Cos I recalled that the Greece's army was not spotted last turn, but next turn my Arabic city was taken. Maybe it's the UU's extra movement. But I just want to make sure how many actions can unit perform? Thanks

I can't do this Saturday, has to go to airport. But Sunday is fine. Just in case if you guys wanna squeez another game before next week ( or maybe Roman won't live that long, lol)

two actions per turn

In reality 2 actions per turn don't exist. It ''looks'' like 2 actions because :

The unit automatically move between 2 turns because the player ''automate'' the unit the turn before. But this move is in fact proper to the turn before. It's useful because the other player don't have a chance to react to the first action(move). It's a bit risky because the unit can move elsewhere you wanted especially if it's close to other type of units from the game like barbs and cs units.

You can't attack 2 times in 1 turn. You can move then attack, or move twice.

Hi EEE,

Just to add to what Tabarnak's said, about moves automated / ordered the previous turn happening when a new turn rolls over--does this still work the same way post-patch? I've never been sure that it does, ever since we've been able to undo the 'end/ next turn' button.:

In most MP games, there's the 'double move', which involves moving a unit or units in the last few seconds of one turn, and then quickly moving them again at the start of the next turn. It can be an issue, especially if you're not used to it. There are ways to counter it, and disadvantages to using it--for example when you do this, although you might get an initial advantage from the 'extra' move, your units that you've moved right at the beginning of the turn are then sitting ducks to be picked off at leisure by players who still have units with moves left.

Hope this helps!

See you guys in a little under four hours!

Thank you Onan.

Unfortunately I think I may not be available to sub Roman today. I will try to get online at 8pm but if I can't please proceed the game. I will definitely keep my schedule next game in the series (if I get one).

Got our third session done, though we needed Oob to host to launch and do a reload. Sadness. Thanks!

I think score order is Tab, me, zalta, AC. China eliminated Rome AI (with some help from oob during the reload, taking down Cumae's walls and not fighting back). We'd hoped this might solve our loading problem, but in testing it after saving for the night, I got a ctd as host on launch.

Wonders: Egypt built Notre Dame; zalta built Himeji and PT, France built the Pyramids, Taj Mahal, and Angkor Wat. Greece is building something, but we're not quite sure what it is yet. :p

Egypt annexed Lhasa, and China took Kuala Lumpur. Greece meanwhile has three CS allies, last I saw. I have one. There was a minor diplomatic incident between China and France in the race to please a CS; minor reparations were paid to France, and we are satisfied. Research agreements seem to be flowing around pretty quick. Tab and I have been about even on techs for a while, with the others not far behind.

Peace reigns between the major powers.

So, Monday night? I'll email oob this update so he knows we may need him.... Hopefully not, but it wouldn't surprise me, with civ, that we'd need a dead player to restart the game lol.

I don't think oob is any of utility now. His civ is dead, i think Alistair get the relay because he's team 2.

When a host is disconnected or dead, team 2 is granted as the new host. I was waiting for Alistair to check this out by starting a session but i went to bed before it could happen.

I hope you're right! That would be a nice change.

Monday night (NZ time) should be fine.

And bah, Wonders are over-rated. I think it's actually 4 CS allies for Greece; it's about all they have going for them.

A bit more than three and a half hours away...

All good to go? See you guys in a short while.

1 hour left, time to pray...

it didn't seem to work. :(

after another crash with supposedly the best person hosting, we decided to scrap this game.

I would like to sign up for the next game:)
Onan, shall we make the session a third longer til 12 so we can have fewer sessions to play?

Top Bottom