Recruiting for 6 player FFA, set time, days flexible

Okay, managed to get a second session finished...went an extra hour too, probably due to reload issues so we hadn't had our fill yet.

Arabia was killed within turns of the start, by Greece. EEE_BOY had subbed for Rob, and thus had a very short, sharp introduction to MP. Then The Oob wanted to hand Rome over to E...this failed however and we endured about half an hour of trying to reload the game with E in it instead of oob. All attempts failed and we proceeded with Rome as an AI.

Wonders: France - HS, HG, GLight, Colossus. Mr. Cookie built MP. zalta built GW. Did I miss any?

Egypt went back to war versus Rome, and took the city of Antium, with its fabled jeweled mountain. Greece has been discovered to be joined to the mainland via a narrow land bridge.

The world seems overly large now, for four players, but I guess we'll stick with it? All CS remain standing and free.

That's about it, from the view from France.

zalta tell us when you can next play. I think the rest of us can pretty much play whenever...except Saturday for Tab.

Wonders: France - HS, HG, GLight, Colossus. Mr. Cookie built MP. zalta built GW. Did I miss any?

Egypt built Oracle and Chichen Itza.

I can probably sneak in a game on either Saturday or Sunday if you guys are able. Otherwise it'll have to be until Monday again.

Egypt built Oracle and Chichen Itza.

Woops, sorry, didn't meant to slight mighty Egypt.

You sure have been growing like a weed over there...annexing part of Rome. Must be what, 7 or 8 cities by now?

We desire friendly relations. :D

Saturday work, guys? I could also do Sunday but Saturday is preferred.

Saturday *may* work for me, but there may be possible snags. I will be visiting family over this weekend and thus not in my usual abode. However, my brother does have a copy of CivV, so hopefully I will be able to play from his machine.

I can say tentatively yes for now, but there's a possibility there will be problems with relatively short notice.

Hi, how do you guys trade resources in this series of MP games?
1 luxury for 7 gpt + 20g like in single player? Or has to trade only luxury with Luxury. Any instance of trading lump sum of cash, how about strategic resource, for 2 gpt ? Just want to know the norm to save time when in game.

Is Sunday better for you, Al?

If Monday works for everyone, let's plan on that--if we get an extra game in before that, cool.

E, mostly I've done lux for lux. There may have been other occasions where I traded a lux or strat resource for gold; usually this was to a friendly civ for a reduced price. Basically though, I guess pricing (esp for some key strat resources) would depend on what the other player was willing or able to pay!

P.S.: EEE if you want to be around for our next session, we can see if we can get you into Rome's slot. It may not be possible, but it's worth giving it another try.

Rome is pretty weak at this point. EEE will find this boring. But i'm not objected about him joining the game.

I can't play Saturday. Unless we play earlier. It's an holiday next friday so i will not work that day. That said, i can play friday evening(saturday morning for europe, afternoon for Australia i guess).

To recapitulate, from an Eastern america time view, i can play :

Friday : from 00h30 to 4h00, then from 13h00 to 23h59
Saturday : from 00h00 to 2h00

This is a post by lord-zath from 2K forum, have we tried that last time?
I am happy to sub for Roman, died once, not afraid any more. Lol. maybe we can have a try 10 mins early so not to waste any actual game time on that.

1. To avoid the issue of a missing player, save the game once everyone has left. The only problem is that people who join in the next time have to join in order, as the game assigns people to ai civs in order. So if person 3 is gone, person 2 can play their civ, but persns 4 and 5 are stuck with civ 3 and 4. Why can't they have a choice screen like in civ 4?!

2. Yes you ca take over an ai, just in order like #1 states.

My situation is basically the same for all days this weekend. I will not be back in my usual apartment until probably Tuesday (NZ time) at the earliest. Saturday/Sunday/Monday all have the same caveats of that it *should* be ok, but can't guarantee at this point.

Thanks for the research, E. We'll give it a go.

Looks like we'll just have to play it by ear this weekend. I can't make any guarantees outside the usual time. If you're available to play, have Steam running, and if I get a window I can play during, I'll hop on. If we have 4 (or 4 + 1), we'll fire it up.

Interesting world we have going...two power vacuums really. I was going to say we have two players in the middle, and two on the sides with some extra room. But I'm not really in the middle of the continent, more of another end, with all the mountains.

zalta, I guess that makes China piggie in the middle. I have confidence in your diplomacy skills. ;) No wonder you built the Great Wall.

Being French, we value liberty, equality, brotherhood. It's a big enough world for all...at least in these ancient times. :cooool:

Hi gang,
It looks like things will work here, at least from a technical perspective. So log onto the Steam chat at that time and hopefully things will be a go.

Looks like we'll just have to play it by ear this weekend. I can't make any guarantees outside the usual time. If you're available to play, have Steam running, and if I get a window I can play during, I'll hop on. If we have 4 (or 4 + 1), we'll fire it up.

I think I can play a single player game today and try some strategy for MP, lol. have Steam running now

I logged on last night for ~40 minutes around the usual time, but no one was around. I doubt I'll have any more time until the 16th (NZ time) at the earliest I'm afraid.

Yeah, last night was a busy night.

So, Wednesday (16), Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday (21)...

I can do any of those. Please post what works for you.

I can do Friday 18th, Monday 21th, possibly one of the weekend days inbetween too.

I will be in all week for now.

Alistair...can we plan for Friday then? Looks good for everyone else.

Top Bottom