[GS] Release at midnight Wednesday? Or . . . ?

Sprenk

Prince
I'm hopeless with this midnight/noon, 12 am, 12 pm stuff. So help me out. Thanks!

Is GS releasing at midnight Wednesday (since it's ticking over to Thursday, when it's scheduled to release). Or at midnight Thursday (yuck--I teach Friday morning)? Or have they just not released the actual time yet, and nobody really knows?

I'm hopeless with this midnight/noon, 12 am, 12 pm stuff. So help me out. Thanks!

Is GS releasing at midnight Wednesday (since it's ticking over to Thursday, when it's scheduled to release). Or at midnight Thursday (yuck--I teach Friday morning)? Or have they just not released the actual time yet, and nobody really knows?

It's definitely going to be midnight somewhere... ^^' I wouldn't mind a Wednesday/Thursday midnight time (Firaxis local time).

Reactions: Rup
If it follows the past examples, the releases will be semi-staggered around the globe, typically at midnight of Wednesday rolling over into Thursday in the easternmost time zone in your region.

So in the US, it will at 12am Thursday on the east coast, 11pm Wednesday in Central, 10pm Wednesday in Mountain, and 9pm Wednesday for those lucky West Coasters.

Am I the only one that uses VPNs to get it on first release, which is usually a fair bit earlier in Hong Kong, Australia, and New Zealand?

They mentioned in the last stream that there will be a time zone announcement at some point

In Australia, Steam says it is not available until the 15th February. So it isn't being released here early or anything.

Am I the only one that uses VPNs to get it on first release, which is usually a fair bit earlier in Hong Kong, Australia, and New Zealand?
Nope, I always do :)

I'd rather not get it early, since I always do any Pre-Launch Prep at the last possible minute so I can keep playing until then.
Pre-Launch Prep: disabling all Mods since I don't expect them to work for a bit (or a long bit, depending), deleting any old Saves because I expect them to also be boggled, making lists of Alternate City Names and potential Unit Names for the civs that I expect to play first. . .

You might not want to do this, at least for ones that are at or near victory. Old Saves can be used to populate the Hall of Fame.

I'm afraid I don't pay much attention to either the Hall of Fame or the Steam Achievements: I prefer to make up my own . . .

I pre-ordered via Amazon awhile back, and my order now states that my Steam code for GS will be available 2/14 at midnight US Pacific time. Don’t know if those who preordered direct from Steam will get it any sooner, but as an East Coaster, I am bummed because there is no way I can stay up until 3am to get the code and start the download...

Last edited:
I'll probably be giving the game a day or two for some of my favorite mods to update anyway :crazyeye:

woohoo! yet another reason west coast = best coast

Another reason We in the Real Washington call Washington, DC (District of Criminality) the "Other Washington".

Top Bottom