Religion modmods

I have decided to reuse this thread for all my mod mods in particular the concept mods which change things in some significant way. Mostly it will affect the Prehistoric era . So these are not additions to c2C they will be stand alone concepts to enable me/us to play with them and see if they add to c2C or not.

Currently proposed.
  • Animal Myth required before you can study the Animal tech
  • Limited to movement outside your cultural borders
  • Civ III - Paths to Glory mod.

Animal Myth required before you can study the Animal tech. It is possible to say that you can't study a tech unless you have at least one building of a type in your nation.

An initial trial of this show that the tech tree needs to be adjusted to get rid of the requirement for studying horse, camel and elephants to progress in the tree as most often you wont be in part of the world where you get all three. There is also a need to change the Myth buildings so that you can get them without subduing an animal but just by meeting one.

Old religion mod mods.

These are being released via the SVN so that they are kept up to date. There are now two with one more on the way.

• CaptureMissionaries - Missionaries may be captured removed because combat units can't be captured only killed unless special code is been written.
  • BalanceMonistaryScience - Research balance (Buddhist is not working for some unknown reason)

How to activate

These are releases as modules in the folder Asset/Modules/My_Modules (Unloaded) folder to activate them just move them into the My_Modules.

Yeah!!! :clap::cooool:

JosEPh :)

What happens if I activate Sevo's Module?

Is it playable yet?

JosEPh

What happens if I activate Sevo's Module?

Is it playable yet?

JosEPh

It is mostly cosmetic (shows in pedia only) and inactive but the AI and barbarians sometimes get a "sleeper" units which are a pain since they know how to use them and you can't counter them.

A new religion modmod is now available. It changes the way monastery science happens. Monasteries generate a reducing extra % of science trailing off over time. I am still thinking of giving some more monasteries a flat science value as well.

In my test games I was teching too fast in the Industrial era, this helps slow things down a bit.

Notes:
  • Buddhist Monastry is not working
  • It is money not science for Scientology
  • Asartu has a lower research benefit offset by the XP it gives.

Instillation - see first post

Note the Scriptures_and_Books is a work in progress it has two aims
1) to provide a crime fighting bonus to religions (with an increase if there are multiple religions in the city based on religious civic). this latter can't be done at the moment.

2) put something in the Scriptures tech. :mischief:

Did we ever get the capturable missionaries in the main?

No, I am not sure it is a good idea. It helps my game play style where I want every religion every where.

I was thinking GPs should be captueable as well...

I am not sure I like this idea at all. Maybe captured if sitting inside a city which you capture but otherwise I don't think they should be. In fact if you are at peace with open borders (or the other one) with someone I don't that you should be able to attack their great people or diplomats.

I think most players do try to get every religion everywhere don't they? Its the odd man out method that tries otherwise and then they could opt to disband right? Yeah, there could be some added ai for that...

The cities only approach on that... is that due to concern mostly for the merchants being picked off on trading missions?

Agreed on that last point though.

It is mostly cosmetic (shows in pedia only) and inactive but the AI and barbarians sometimes get a "sleeper" units which are a pain since they know how to use them and you can't counter them.

I actually like this idea. Too bad you cant get a unit "close" to this to pop-out at you in the Ancient Forest area, just like FfH2, now that would be great, IMPO.;)

btw i am glad you made this into a modmod, first, way to go. I am going to do some also, but mine are going to be far and beyond i think what alot of people will like, OH well!! Thats why we make modmod's :p

I believe I pretty much like all of this enough to want it in the main (mostly because I would rarely use a modmod due to how it would painfully interact with the SVN updates and I think these are all reasonable changes for the game in general.)

Also...

Been thinking about the tags you wanted for religious buildings DH, the ones that make it possible to make the building only function when the nation is operating under the state religion that equates to those buildings.

I'm thinking that traits AND civics should interact with such a system. Some traits and civics I think should enable all religious buildings to be active regardless of state religion. The civics that would do so would be something along the lines of free religion, where there is no state religion but there IS an open and inviting state backing for religious presence, whatever religions those may be.

I'm also trying to push through a design concept for the Spiritual trait vs a Pious trait. The first would be open and accepting of all religions as a general rule, even though a state religion may be declared, while the second would be devoted to the one (but in a positive way which differentiates it from the Zealot.) In this view, an advanced selection of the Spiritual trait would do well to have an ability to enable all religious buildings in the nation to be fully functional, just as if the nation were under a Free Religion civic, even if a given religion were chosen as a 'state' religion.

So this would mean I'd need a tag for buildings, civics, and traits that would all interact with each other to define whether only current state religion buildings are functioning or not. I suppose there's also the NO religious buildings are functioning side of some civics as well where there is no state religion selection, like Atheism. (I say all this not knowing what we're currently working with in regards to religious civics at all of course...)

Does this sound like a functional concept of design that you would want to work with me on?

Since I am in a position to release via the SVN there is no problems with keeping my modmods up to date. They are also small.

What you suggest is good. What I wanted was some way of disabling some of the effects of the buildings not the buildings themselves. For example you could build the Asatru buildings under Pacifist but not get the XP for new melee units.

It would be tough (or rather it would involve either microxml management or additional functions in the dll) to specify some tags disabling rather than others, but not impossible.

Keep in mind that when I say the religious buildings could be disabled in those conditions, I mean their benefits could be, leaving the building itself buildable and in all other ways considered functional, buildable, and possessed by the city when built, even though its tags aren't processed into the city values and on the help dropdowns you'd see they aren't doing anything if the conditions don't allow them to.

But if you want something more involved, we'll have to identify the tags you want to be effectively disabled during these off conditions, and those should be always affected in this way for all religious buildings. So for example, you wouldn't be able to have only the xp on the Asatru buildings become inactive while an xp benefit on another religious building would remain active if that building were equally considered non-valid.

It would be much easier if said benefits were sweeping and included all tags in use on those buildings rather than a mix thereof. A bool in the building infos could help us define which buildings qualify for this treatment so if we wanted to say, leave wonders out of it, we could simply tag the lesser buildings with the boolean.

I could possibly also get around using a boolean to denote the buildings to be affected by this mechanic if this is to impact ALL religious buildings, since they are also all defined with their religion as well and I could use that as an appropriate filter.

If you wanted particular tags that would give benefits that would be toggleable that clone the normal tags being used BUT operate with the potential off switch, I think that would be possible but a bit too much for our xml structures as I could see how eventually a rather large percentage of building tags would need to be setup with these clones. Not a good road to start down I think.

Scriptures and Books a minor religion crime fighting mod.

Warning this mod seems to be causing CTDs and errors in saves.

I wanted to provide a small reduction in crime because of religious codes of conduct. I felt that if you had the Holy Shrine you should get it free but should be able to build it otherwise. It appears the auto build function does not handle this so I will need to do it differently.

Scriptures and Books a minor religion crime fighting mod.

Warning this mod seems to be causing CTDs and errors in saves.

I wanted to provide a small reduction in crime because of religious codes of conduct. I felt that if you had the Holy Shrine you should get it free but should be able to build it otherwise. It appears the auto build function does not handle this so I will need to do it differently.

I had those save errors even before any Holy Shrine was built. Are you really shure that the auto-build function is the reason? After building Solomon´s temple the holy books were auto-build indeed and could not be build by hand anymore, just as intended. The ctd happened a few turns after that but as I said, I also got it without building Solomon. And I have also played for 3 weeks with scriptures and books without any issue until I updated the svn.

Have you looked into the issue, that Sevopedia says that you need 2 of Solomon´s Temples for building the Jewish holy book?

BTW: I would give the holy books more of an effect, I would reduce crime by 5 and not 1 (or maybe at least 2 as 1 is really like nothing).

I a beginning to think that Scriptures and Books just wont work. I may have been trying to combine two things into one. I will investigate a simpler crime fighting solution. It would be an auto build ant-crime building "Code of Ethics" which requires a state religion and the temple of that state religion. I would need to give it the anti-crime icon:mischief:

Now that Missionaries have a combat type they wont be able to be captured. I have removed that mod mod. Same goes for workers, I think.

Top Bottom