Rename Units at Anytime.

Ser Leoritch

Chieftain
Can one of you fine gentleman or lady create a mod to rename units at anytime? or show me on how I can modify code to get this feature? I have monitored downloads but have yet to see any mod that does this.Is there one that I have missed?
I miss this greatly. I always play Rome and loved naming my legions and warships. It always enhanced the gameplay for me. Any assistance on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the response Regul but I did not see this feather icon. Is there a mod I should be using?

Oh, sry, playing only with mods, so probably it isn't present in vanilla.

I do use:
- JFD Rule with faith
- MOAR_units
- More lenses
- ProductionQueue
- RestartButton (which doesn't show up)
- SlowerTech
- Time X2 all in one
- Unit report screen
- YnAMP

Since I'm playing arround and mostly using JFD it may be this one, but you have to try.

The rename function is present in the vanilla game, it becomes available when the unit gets its second promotion, and it presents both a randomizer for automatic names based on the unit class and the possibility to give a custom name.

Oh, sry, playing only with mods, so probably it isn't present in vanilla.

I do use:
- JFD Rule with faith
- MOAR_units
- More lenses
- ProductionQueue
- RestartButton (which doesn't show up)
- SlowerTech
- Time X2 all in one
- Unit report screen
- YnAMP

Since I'm playing arround and mostly using JFD it may be this one, but you have to try.
Thanks for the info Regul, I will experiment and see which one works for me.

The rename function is present in the vanilla game, it becomes available when the unit gets its second promotion, and it presents both a randomizer for automatic names based on the unit class and the possibility to give a custom name.
Thanks Sun Ce of Wu, I do realize that but I just like to name my units when I first create them.
Appreciate the response.

It's been nearly 2 years since this thread was started, has anyone had any luck with finding a way to rename units anytime?? There was a mod in Civ V or Civ IV where you could right click the name and edit it, could that be implemented in Civ VI??

I too have been badly wanting this! There was a mod for Civ V that allowed you to do this; it was just a couple lines added to the UnitPanel.lua file. I can't believe no one has come up with the same mod for Civ VI. I don't know enough about .lua coding to know if the same code could work for VI; even if I did, the program file/folder structure of VI is totally different from V, so I would have no idea which file to add it to.

Here's the mod for Civ V: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199009282

I too have been badly wanting this! There was a mod for Civ V that allowed you to do this; it was just a couple lines added to the UnitPanel.lua file. I can't believe no one has come up with the same mod for Civ VI. I don't know enough about .lua coding to know if the same code could work for VI; even if I did, the program file/folder structure of VI is totally different from V, so I would have no idea which file to add it to.

Here's the mod for Civ V: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199009282

Thanks mate. I also had the mod for Civ V. I've searched and can't find any reference to renaming units, I'm probably looking in the wrong places though. I can't understand why it's not included in the base game.

Top Bottom