1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Rename Units at Anytime.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Requests & Ideas' started by Ser Leoritch, Jan 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ser Leoritch

Ser Leoritch Chieftain

Can one of you fine gentleman or lady create a mod to rename units at anytime? or show me on how I can modify code to get this feature? I have monitored downloads but have yet to see any mod that does this.Is there one that I have missed?
    I miss this greatly. I always play Rome and loved naming my legions and warships. It always enhanced the gameplay for me. Any assistance on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

2. Regul

Regul Warlord

Isn't this allready included in latest build? Just hit the feather icon at your units.

Ser Leoritch likes this.
  3. Ser Leoritch

Ser Leoritch Chieftain

Thanks for the response Regul but I did not see this feather icon. Is there a mod I should be using?

4. Regul

Regul Warlord

Oh, sry, playing only with mods, so probably it isn't present in vanilla.

I do use:
    - JFD Rule with faith
    - MOAR_units
    - More lenses
    - ProductionQueue
    - RestartButton (which doesn't show up)
    - SlowerTech
    - Time X2 all in one
    - Unit report screen
    - YnAMP

Since I'm playing arround and mostly using JFD it may be this one, but you have to try.

5. Sun Ce of Wu

Sun Ce of Wu Warlord

The rename function is present in the vanilla game, it becomes available when the unit gets its second promotion, and it presents both a randomizer for automatic names based on the unit class and the possibility to give a custom name.

Regul likes this.
  6. Ser Leoritch

Ser Leoritch Chieftain

Thanks for the info Regul, I will experiment and see which one works for me.

7. Ser Leoritch

Ser Leoritch Chieftain

Thanks Sun Ce of Wu, I do realize that but I just like to name my units when I first create them.
    Appreciate the response.

8. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Me too. Its a pretty big deal for me, I shamefully admit. Lemme know what you discover.

Granger likes this.
  9. KevSkegRed

KevSkegRed Chieftain

It's been nearly 2 years since this thread was started, has anyone had any luck with finding a way to rename units anytime?? There was a mod in Civ V or Civ IV where you could right click the name and edit it, could that be implemented in Civ VI??

10. Locutus494

Locutus494 Chieftain

I too have been badly wanting this! There was a mod for Civ V that allowed you to do this; it was just a couple lines added to the UnitPanel.lua file. I can't believe no one has come up with the same mod for Civ VI. I don't know enough about .lua coding to know if the same code could work for VI; even if I did, the program file/folder structure of VI is totally different from V, so I would have no idea which file to add it to.

Here's the mod for Civ V: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199009282

11. KevSkegRed

KevSkegRed Chieftain

Thanks mate. I also had the mod for Civ V. I've searched and can't find any reference to renaming units, I'm probably looking in the wrong places though. I can't understand why it's not included in the base game.