1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Report text & graphics bugs here!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - The Ancient Mediterranean MOD' started by thamis, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Sword Dancer

Sword Dancer Chieftain

I was just going to inquire about this. I didn't know if Smithy was supposed to give autoimatic upgrades available on the highest level of metal available or not, since I was seeing copper-weaponed units in the age of steel....

2. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

The smithy code is triggered when entering a city (by moving or creating a unit). While it would be possible to have the game cycle through every unit in a city that would be considerably more intensive than it is right now and would likely result in some performance issues, esiecially on the larger maps and later in the game when more units are around. Limitiations with python make it difficult to optimize anymore than it already is so increasing the workload is probably out of the question right now. I'm always looking for ways to streamline things though so although I don't think we'll be actively working on changing the smithy code don't be suprised if it suddenly gets changed/fixed.

3. Sword Dancer

Sword Dancer Chieftain

Thx for the explaination :)

4. thamis

thamis King of Kish

What graphics card do you use? We had a few errors reported with the Peltast.

5. Waterloo

Waterloo Chieftain

ATI Mobility Radeon 9600

The Mod works beside this perfectly, no other problems encountered so far.

Waterloo

6. thamis

thamis King of Kish

Hmm... strange. I remember I also had a crash as Dacia. The problem is that CIV4 doesn't tell us what the bug is...We can try to change the Peltast art and see what happens.

7. schlappi

schlappi TAM Fanatic

In the city build screen it is not told how many buildings of one sort you need to build in order to build another when mousing over the picture (i.e. libraries - academies). It is told in the civilopedia though. The only exception is the forbidden palace, where the amount of courthouses needed is shown.

8. much2much

much2much Warlord

Civlopedia entries for the different weapons categories could list requirements for each type. Maybe a little description of the pop out, pop back in smithy upgrade functionality. Can someone straighten this out for me (and for others who read this forum)? Is it the case that you could have a smithy in one city and have all units in your empire move through it at some point to get weapons upgrades? Its like a holy pilgrimage Mo(ses OR hammed).

9. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Yes, you can get away with a single smithy a unit will gain the highest possible weapon promotion upon entering any city with a smithy. In fact, now that they only penalize the city with bad health I only build one in my great engineer factory and then as needed in cities located where my units can easily pass through on their way to the front lines.

10. Captin Zebra

Captin Zebra my account name is stupid

on note with the simithies, ive noticed that it only allows me to upgrade warriors, axeman, swordsmen, etc. but not javelineers or spearmen. is it supposed to be like that?

11. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Medium units, Heavy units and Cavalry units can all receive weapon upgrades. So essentially anything but javelin/archery units (mounted and foot) and siege weapons. Spearmen do get weapon upgrades, I can confirm that with the current version.

12. Captin Zebra

Captin Zebra my account name is stupid

ahh gotcha, that makes sense. thanks

13. Chamrin

Chamrin Chieftain

Resource bugs: All the resources are off by one so the graphics do not match the resource they are.

Also Steel Weapons need Iron and Charcoal, do they not? I tested and found that to get steel weapons you need Iron and Timber, not iron and charcoal. (this should also be mentioned in the promotions guide in the civilpedia).

A work around till they fix it can be done by the following:

Locate the file:
    Mods/The Ancient Mediterranean/Assets/XML/Art/CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml

Make a backup copy of this file.

Open the original, search for "peltast"

Make the <NIF>, <KFM>, <SHADERNIF> tags for the peltast match those same tags for the ART_DEF_UNIT_MALI_SKIRMISHER, (it's the unit right above the Peltast, and is the Javilineer in game).

This will just make the peltast look like a javilineer, but it will still be a unique unit in that it has it's own custom stats.

Cham

14. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

I'll add one, mostly because I keep forgetting to tell Thamis :)

Several units aren't using propper formations, they're probably not listed in the formations xml file. It's almost entirely limited to UUs. The ones I remember off the top of my head are: (I know there are more, I just can't think of them)

Kambsor (Illyrian Spearman)
    Iron Swordsman (Hittite Swordsman)

15. Sword Dancer

Sword Dancer Chieftain

speaking of which, is it possible to give a few units like the Phalanx and the Legion a more 'formation' like layout, like a square or block, reflecting they way they were arrayed on the actual battlefield? I realize that the indig=vidual scale of the units will need to be tweaked, but I think that this would be an enhancement of an already superior mod...

16. much2much

much2much Warlord

The Fortress tech tip talks about Gunpowder units, could this be removed?