Report text & graphics bugs here!

thamis

King of Kish
Simply post any text and graphics bugs you find here. This will also be my to-do-list.

TO DO:
- TXT_KEY_PLUTOCRACY_STRAT

FIXED for 1.95:
- Great person gfx to ancient
- Nubia 1st contact
- Meroe name
- Medes cities
- Carthage diplo text, Iberia diplo text
- Mounted Combat & City States QUOTES
- TXT_KEY_FORUM_STRATEGY

Thanks for fixing that one Thamis! :D

Can you also change the Sid's tips for the Polytheism tech? It still says " first to research founds hinduism" in ver. 1.93......

Some first contact messages are bugged, (AI_FIRST_CONTACT...) namely the nubian leader and another whom i forgot.

And the Medians have taken over the old carthagian habit of naming their cities strangely...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 130
AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_IBERIA_1 and AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FR_LEADER_IBERIA_1 refer to Isabella and her majesty, and AI_DIPLO_GREETINGS_ATT_FUR_LEADER_IBERIA_1 refers to a grand inquisitor. AI_DIPLO_NO_PEACE_LEADER_CARTHAGE_1 is "America does not negotiate with terrorists". On the other hand, from a purely objective and impartial point of view it is a bug that Carthage uses the default AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_REJECT_DEMANDs rather than "I won't put my hands up and surrender," and that Code of Laws uses the default quote rather than "Six or eight thousand years ago, they layed down the law." -Fred Schneider. ;)

Many buildings are effectively invisible. The easiest way to see is to add and remove all of them in Worldbuilder. It's especially awkward when capturing cities which might contain wonders. Some, at least Market, Grocer, and arbguTemple of Artemis, are out of scale. Hospital could use some other building rather than the modern graphic.

in my games Meroe is written like Mero? - coz of the e with the two dots above
All unregular symbols are also replaced with ? which is kind of annoying. It would be good to use only normal symbols for city names - not everybody's machine and character coding is the same.

Fertile crescent huge map : at the NE corner of greece (island) there is a road inside the sea. The square is bordering the map.

Since its the only bug thread yet, i'll post it here even though its not a graphic/text issue, maybe you can move it to the right section...

First bug:
The AI is able to "park" his biremes and transport galleys on ocean tiles, which is annoying, since you cannot attack them on these places. This forces me to block harbours entirely, binding many ships.

Second bug:
Attacking over a river near a river delta is not giving the -25% penalty.

schlappi said:
First bug:
The AI is able to "park" his biremes and transport galleys on ocean tiles, which is annoying, since you cannot attack them on these places. This forces me to block harbours entirely, binding many ships.

Second bug:
Attacking over a river near a river delta is not giving the -25% penalty.
First Bug: Any ocean or ocean tiles within their cultural border?

Second Bug: Any river near the delta or one specifically?

thamis said:
Can you please give me a map coordinate? You can get that by holding shift and moving the mouse over the square (in a single player game).
Sorry but this tip does not work for me.
Map is Fertile Crescent.
37th tile (from west to east) 1st line (from north toward south)

Seven05 said:
First Bug: Any ocean or ocean tiles within their cultural border?

Second Bug: Any river near the delta or one specifically?

1. It was within his cultural borders, nod.

2. Any river delta that looks like this: (screenshot)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 145
1. There is no collateral damage when using fire catapults to reduce city defenses. (Playing normal map, Hettites).

2. Encountered the same as Schlappi: Enemy biremes and triremes on ocean tiles, where I could not go, but I think it was outside their cultural borders. (Again, normal map, Hettites)

3. When playing a random map using UU to enter villages, cities or go aboard leads to game shutdown ( I presume the Mod works with the scenarios, but there is a conflict between Mod and random maps). I sno real problem, because I play almost always the normal map, but thought I mention it along the way.

Waterloo

Waterloo said:
1. There is no collateral damage when using fire catapults to reduce city defenses. (Playing normal map, Hettites).

2. Encountered the same as Schlappi: Enemy biremes and triremes on ocean tiles, where I could not go, but I think it was outside their cultural borders. (Again, normal map, Hettites)

3. When playing a random map using UU to enter villages, cities or go aboard leads to game shutdown ( I presume the Mod works with the scenarios, but there is a conflict between Mod and random maps). I sno real problem, because I play almost always the normal map, but thought I mention it along the way.

Waterloo

1:
Normal CIV dynamic.

2:
This is annoying, but it happens in normal CIV games too. Should only happen within cultural borders, though.

3:
No clue.

Triremes can enter the ocean tiles, Galeys and Biremes can enter the ocean tiles within your borders (or those which you have open borders or are at war with). It's a Civ issues as Thamis mentioned but I'll look in the SDK to see if there is anything we can do about it without breaking the workboats (which need that effect to be able to enter the oceans and build whaling boats).

I'll look into the effect with rivers but I don't know if the SDK gives us control over that level of pathing.

And I'll see if I can identify the bug with the UUs in villages, I have some ideas that I'll pass on to Shpype.

Seven05 said:
Triremes can enter the ocean tiles, Galeys and Biremes can enter the ocean tiles within your borders (or those which you have open borders or are at war with). It's a Civ issues as Thamis mentioned but I'll look in the SDK to see if there is anything we can do about it without breaking the workboats (which need that effect to be able to enter the oceans and build whaling boats).

I'll look into the effect with rivers but I don't know if the SDK gives us control over that level of pathing.

And I'll see if I can identify the bug with the UUs in villages, I have some ideas that I'll pass on to Shpype.

Regarding the workboats - perhaps they can be forced to be "coastal only" until later in the game where another workboat can be built that can go into ocean squares? Perhaps with the development of Trimemes, an "advanced" workboat could be available and the older one phased out?

Just a random thought or two from work.

When discovering tribal law ,it says that you get 2 xp with counsil of the elders and with polytheism that you can build missionaries...

Waterloo said:

Wanted to specify the problem:

Playing: random Map, Archipelago, standard size, Dacians, Chieftain level (it was the game of my son;) ).
When moving or directing the given Peltast unit to a tribal village this message pops up:
Memory allocation failure - exiting program
Reason: bad allocation

When playing the phoenicians on a random map I had no errors so far.

May be that helps a bit, haven't tried any other civs on random map.

Thanks a lot for your work,

Waterloo

Hi again.

Two short issues...

1. Mounted combat and city states text is missing when discovered.

2. When upgrading your smithies (i.e. tin available) you need to move your stationed units out and back into the city to benefit from the upgrade, which is a little annoying.

Top Bottom