Republic of Texas (Texas as playable civ)

I finished my first game with this mod and the only beef I have is that the flag is backwards. To my knowledge the white is supposed to be to the left of the red. But it's not as grave an injustice to me as some Texans might take it.

Great Mod.

When I load this Mod the Texas Flag does not appear on the units. Am I doing something wrong?

KabeDerlin said:
I finished my first game with this mod and the only beef I have is that the flag is backwards. To my knowledge the white is supposed to be to the left of the red. But it's not as grave an injustice to me as some Texans might take it.

Great Mod.

I think the flag is rotated 90 degress clockwise, hence red on the left. "Blood runs south"
In other words, Looks good to me.

zavarik said:
I think the flag is rotated 90 degress clockwise, hence red on the left. "Blood runs south"
In other words, Looks good to me.

I used to think the same, but after looking at the way the American flag is draped (blue field to the left), as well as being chewed out by my commander, I'm like 99% positive the white field goes to the left. And for proof, I offer the Texas Flag Code.

§ 3100.059. HORIZONTAL AND VERTICAL DISPLAY. (a) If
the state flag is displayed horizontally, the white stripe should
be above the red stripe and, from the perspective of an observer, to
the right of the blue stripe.
(b) If the state flag is displayed vertically:
(1) the blue stripe should be above the white and red
stripes; and
(2) the white stripe should be, from the perspective
of an observer, to the left of the red stripe.

Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 1420, § 7.001, eff. Sept. 1,

KabeDerlin said:
stripes; and

ouch.. I'll get right on that, I'm sorry :blush:

ok, I changed the flag and updated the download.. also left the old one in the directory

"\Republic of Texas\Assets\art\interface\TeamColor\flagdecal_texasincorrect.dds" (ignore the space, can't get it out of there)

and the Flag of Burnet, the first flag of Texas -

"\Republic of Texas\Assets\art\interface\TeamColor\flagdecal_burnet.dds" (same space problem with this post)

if you prefer to play with either of these, simply rename flagdecal_texas.dds in the same directory to a backup, and rename the one you wish to use to flagdecal_texas.dds and you can play with whichever one you want without having to edit the XML if you don't want to

I didn't wanna seem like I was nitpicking, just giving advice.

Either way, thanks for fixing it

KabeDerlin said:
I didn't wanna seem like I was nitpicking, just giving advice.

Either way, thanks for fixing it

it didn't come off as nitpicking at all, it was a good catch, and I thank you.. want it to be as accurate as possible

great mod. i will be playing it as my next game, and yes i am from texas, houston

KabeDerlin said:
stripes; and

ahh, good catch. One of those things you may never know unless you check. good call mate.

update: fixed for the v1.09 official patch

Really good job on mod...It's become a favorite to me and everyone I play with. Keep up the good work!

How about making Arkansas a playable civ? You could make Sam Walton the leader and we could import all of our army and workers from Mexico.

May i just say tacician zhao that you make very strange mods:crazyeye:
first this then antartica what next:eek:
but keep up the good work:goodjob:

Ok, this is my first time using a MOD and when my settler and scout start the game, the flag is just white. How do I get the Lone Star to show. Any help would be great! Thanks

Top Bottom