Republic of Texas (Texas as playable civ)

glad people are enjoying it.. more people than I would have guessed..

someone needs to make Hawaii now, since it was the only other state, to my knowledge, to be a sovereign nation :p

California was an independent republic.

If it was independent now, it would have the 8th largest economy in the world and per capita GDP would be 25% higher than any country besides Luxembourg (which hardly counts). It would be the tech leader, at least in many areas, and have some nice culture with Hollywood. Not sure how it's set for military, though, and that's a pretty long border to share with such a large and aggressive neighbor.

That is an awesome idea u had.As a citizen of the proud state of Texas,I hope u do more great ideas.how about u do our neighboors to the south.Catch my drift.?(If u dont its Mexico).:lol:

How about Stephan F. Austin as a leader for the Texas Empire? I imagine his traits would be organized and charismatic.

Also, has a uniqe building been created for them yet? If not a possible building would be an outlet mall that would replace the Super Market.

Hello! Thanks for working on a Texas civ mod. Unfortunately, when I downloaded it into the BtS mods folder and started the game, it gave me multiple error messages. I'm playing BtS version 3.02.
Many of the error messages were like this:

Failed Loading XML file xml\Civilizatins/Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml. [.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File
Reason: Element content is invalid accoriding to the DTD/Schema
Expecting: {x-schema:CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml}EspionageWeight .
Line: 19, 31
Source: <RefuseToTalkWarThreshold>0</RefuseToTalkThreshold>

there were several others like this then many unit errors

Is there something that I am doing wrong? How to fix this so I can play the Great Empire of Texas!
thanks!

Hello! Thanks for working on a Texas civ mod. Unfortunately, when I downloaded it into the BtS mods folder and started the game, it gave me multiple error messages. I'm playing BtS version 3.02.
Many of the error messages were like this:

Failed Loading XML file xml\Civilizatins/Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml. [.\FXml.cpp:133] Error parsing XML File
Reason: Element content is invalid accoriding to the DTD/Schema
Expecting: {x-schema:CIV4CivilizationsSchema.xml}EspionageWeight .
Line: 19, 31
Source: <RefuseToTalkWarThreshold>0</RefuseToTalkThreshold>

there were several others like this then many unit errors

Is there something that I am doing wrong? How to fix this so I can play the Great Empire of Texas!
thanks!

This mod I believe is for Vanilla Civ4 only. You want my BtS mod, which is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=236924

Why a Texan Civ, they hardly do anything to affect history, only with their oil. And do you really need one, Texas is in the United States

Why a Texan Civ, they hardly do anything to affect history, only with their oil. And do you really need one, Texas is in the United States

While I agree with you for the most part, it's just a civ mod. It isn't a big deal. People can make whatever they want.

It was an independent country, albeit a short-lived one.

Of course, Texas, civ or not, is very influential in world affairs. Oil center, large economy, and gave birth to, I believe, three US presidents.

Of course, Texas, civ or not, is very influential in world affairs. Oil center, large economy, and gave birth to, I believe, three US presidents.

Two actually, Bush was from Connecticut. Which always made me wonder why he is the only Bush with a Texan accent. :confused:

Oh yeah, he's a lying prick.

Bush was born in Connecticut, but was raised in Texas.

I was talking about the two Bushes and LBJ.

Yay Texas. If you need a city list it should be this:
Houston (capitol)
Austin
Dallas
San Antonio
Waco
El Paso
Amarillo
Corpus Christi
Midland
Odessa
not sure after that