Request Aerostat Unit Line for VP; Read for more info.

Do you like the mod idea?

• Total voters

Amadhe

Emperor of Nothing
I would like to request a mod that adds a couple of new units to Vox Populi. These new units would form a new unit line, that I will tentatively dub as the Aerostat unit line.

I assume that this should not be too hard, I think this because although VP is constantly being updated, the tech tree should not change too much.

For the Aerostat unit line, it would go like this: Airship(from smoky skies scenario, unlocking at steam power, obsoleting at combustion) => the Skyship(sky fortress from smoky skies, unlocking at combustion, obsoleting at flight) => Zeppelin(tentative name, uses the model from civ 4 linked below unlocking at flight, obsoleting at rocketry).

Link: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/steampunk-airship-cloud-destroyer.21414/

So it would add a tempory era of aerial supremacy for Aerostats before they are obsoleted by airplanes.

Optionally: if you would like to add more yourself feel free to.

If you also want to I found a model that I like better than the current model for the cruiser:
It is this one. If you would be so inclined to replace it while you're at it that would be nice, but it doesn't really matter that much if you don't.

Link: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/civ5-sms-emden.21510/

Also, for anyone who would like to debate about the stats of the Aerostats, feel free to use this thread to discuss it.

Note: The model art was not made by me all credit for the model art goes to their respective creators. If they see this. All creators will be credited for their models. (I think that covers it, tell me if I missed anything).

Ok, then here goes something. I was just going to let the modder do their thing, but if Promotions and Moves and like would be good I have a few ideas.

Airship:
Starts With: May Move After Attacking, +33% CS when defending against Melee Units and -33% when attacking Land Units.
Eligible for: Naval Targeting Promotion Line or Naval Bombardment Promotion Line as well as the Promotions, Slipstream, Supply, Broadsides, and Mobility,
Move: 5
CS: 15
Ranged CS: 30
Range: 1

Aerostat Frigate:
Starts With: May Move After Attacking, +33% CS when defending against Melee Units and -33% when attacking Land Units.
Eligible for: Naval Targeting Promotion Line or Naval Bombardment Promotion Line as well as the Promotions, Slipstream, Supply, Broadsides, and Mobility,
CS: 25
Ranged CS:35

Aerostat Warship:
Starts With: May Move After Attacking, +33% CS when defending against Melee Units and -33% when attacking Land Units, Gains Cover 1
CS: 30
Ranged CS:45

Is this good? I decided on better names for the Skyship and the Zepellin.

Top Bottom