Request: Immobile Landmark Capital City Units for Snoopy's Cities

W.i.n.t.e.r

Frozen!
Hello folks, and welcome to the Immobile Landmark Capital City Units request thread ;)

You may well be asking yourselves, what it exactly is that I am asking for here: The Civ3 game allows the highest value defensive unit to be visible above the city it is situated in. I'd love to place an immobile, era- and (more importantly) civ-specific "Capital City" unit (each only one single frame) in each civ's capital city. Closely related is Firefly's New landmarked metropolis thread, only that my dream would be to have each civ's capital as a preplaced, updatetable Landmark UU made out of Snoopy's cities (see below) to entirely cover the city underneath (until destroyed, of course).

I.e. London:
London Ancient (Roman "Tower of London")
London Medieval (adds Norman "Tower of London")
London Industrial (adds "Tower Bridge" and "Houses of Parliament")
London Modern (adds "Canary Wharf")

Help, ideas and suggestions welcomed... ;)

Likely Capital List:

Rome
Kairo/Thebes
Athens
Babylon/Bagdad
Berlin
Moskwa/St. Petersburg
Beijing
Washington (USA)
Richmond/Montgomery (CSA)
Tokyo/Kyoto
Paris/Lutetia
New Delhi
Tehran
Mexico DF./Tenochtitlan
Kaapstad/Zimbabwe
Ottawa/Salamanca
London
Ulaanbaatar/Karakorum
Madrid
Stockholm/Oslo/Kopenhagen/Helsinki
Ankara/Istanbul/Constantinople
Dublin/Alesia
Ar-Riyad/Mecca
Tunis/Tripolis/Carthago
Seoul
Porto
Amsterdam
Al Khartum
Addis Ababa
Phnom Penh/Angkor
Jakarta
Rio de Janeiro (or any S. American Metropolis)/Cuzco
Guatemala City/Chichén Itzá/Tikal

making 33 large buildings, and then turning them into immobile 1 frame units, isnt the most reasonable of requests :p

i would sugest that you find a way around this, since as it stands it is just way too much work

Not really that bad, Snooy's cities are available for all 5 culture goups and should serve as base. Now what would need to be done is that one section of each culture/era city set is cleared. Depending on which civ the city unit is meant for the cleared space should be filled with the historic building corresponding to it- a bit tedious but not really "much work".

Top Bottom