Requested Mods

OK, what do I need to unpack the files? I've never encountered a .fpk file before.

Hi guys, long time lurker, decided to register with a question.

I've long felt that research speed in contrast with production is slightly out of sync, and thus spend some time playing with a mod that slows down science by 200%, which is much more to my liking as it allows you to spend more time in each era, without unites becoming obsolete every few turns.

However, the only science altering mod I could find does nothing to balance out the other aspects of the game, the important one being social policies. Every game with increased science costs ends with someone getting a cultural victory, because the policy costs haven't been modified to match the new science:production ratio, thus gaining comparatively more culture to science.

I heard there was a mod called Extended Eras, but the creator seems to have deleted it from steamworks in the meantime. Does anyone know of another mod that slows down science/increases science cost while maintaining the fragile balance of social policy costs?

I was hoping that there is a mod that changes the calender to a more common era thing.. so no BC and AD since in Civ there certainly doesn't need to be a christian religion plus it would make me stop comparing the age to the the years in our real history..

Looking for a mod that allows additional beliefs to bring it on par with the culture trees. Figure something along the lines of every time you use the great prophet, you get an additional belief after the first 2 sets. I did find one mod that added beliefs and gave you a bonus belief slot, but beyond that I couldn't find any more.

I would like a mod that gives more culture for the Monuments and more faith for the Shrines. 2 culture and 1 faith is not enough if u are playing a marathon game from the start.

Is there a Fall From Heaven Mod for Civ 5? Like there is for Civ 4? Also did Ryse make a Ryse and Fall of Civilization for Civ 5 like he did for Civ 3 and 4?

We need more Great Arts, since the game handles only the Great Arts in game, you can run out of Great Arts. For sure easy be done via xml, but it would be so cool if you artist outthere could create new images for this.

Anyone know where I can get some light cannon and mortar units to make a crossbowman upgrade that makes sense instead of the machine gun units?

Trade route upgrades. I play vanilla God/king right now. Played all the civs back to civ (=civ the first lol). I think settlements along the same river should have auto basic trade route. Roads would add movement bonus (and create trade route if wasn't there before). I would like to see a way to create trade routes with other 'great powers' as well as city states (not just the 'lets trade these commodities' as in vanilla civ5GnK. Also allow 'raiding' the trade route by pirates/privateers/bandits. A successful raid would 'transfer' some coin/goods, but not destroy the trade route.

l). I think settlements along the same river should have auto basic trade route. Roads would add movement bonus (and create trade route if wasn't there before)

Using Belgium's UA in the Scramble for Africa scenario and make it just apply to trade route distance, and I think you can make it so that rivers extend trade range. Likewise, a building such as a River Port could add +1 Trade Route. It would mean that a city built on a river doesn't automatically add another trade route, but with the extended range, it is possible.

It also would make rivers extremely useful.

Edit: Or you could keep the navigation/movement bonus for regular units.

Anyone know where I can get some light cannon and mortar units to make a crossbowman upgrade that makes sense instead of the machine gun units?

Yeah, I always thought that was a strange upgrade. Why not Bazoka, LAW rocket, mortar. The machine gun I always felt should have been an upgrade for infantry into a "heavy weapons" option if not a totally seperate unit available with a Tech; an individual unit that started out as say repeating crossbow, gatling gun, machine gun, and ending at Minigun.

Posted this in the no wonders mod thread:

I'm trying to make a scenario/mod for a Giant Earth map (with true start locations mod) that gives Wonders to their rightful historical builders, i.e. Egypt gets the Pyramids, Greece gets Artemis etc. This is really for greater historical immersion and I'd probably just disable it for all games not played on the Earth map.

I'm just wondering if this is feasible/possible? I have zero modding/programming experience, have read a couple of lua tutorials, I know basically how the Firetuner works to troubleshoot and have crudely adapted the custom traits tutorial thing posted very recently; my idea being to add the Wonders to the unique trait, free with their corresponding tech (no build-time). I've removed syntax errors but my code is surely incomplete as it has no effect.

I'm wondering if my above approach is even possible, or if there is an easier way? I could post the code I have so far, I know it's very incomplete and I'm probably missing quite a few elementary components.

1) Would this be worth creating a new thread?

2) If my above method of giving Wonders to their historical civilizations is misguided or impossible, what other methods would you suggest? Would it be easier/possible to disallow all civilizations except the correct one, and simply keep the build-times?

If nothing else works, I think I'll simply use the no Wonders mod to remove them entirely. I'd probably have to design an entirely new UA for Egypt though, probably adapting from an old Civ installation.

Anyone willing to help me put together a high fantasy, class based tech tree?

Similar or even based on FramedArchitect's (I have his permission to modify his) that breaks the tech tree into the four basic classes of a fantasy based game (fighter, magic-user, cleric & rogue). I have the paths for the tree plotted out, but I am not catching onto the CIV Modding techniques as fast as I would like (not as easy a fast track to learn as I am finding out, or maybe it is much harder to teach an old dog new tricks than I want to admit). The tree would divide the current (and possibly some additional but existing in other mods) buildings, advancements in development, advances in classes and upgrades by the four roles. It would be a medieval/renaissance period tree to keep it in the proper era(s).

I will email the details to anyone interested.
Thanks for considering it.

Hey Treehawk,

I'd consider starting with something less advanced if you're trying to get into modding. I have been working on modding the Tech Tree since before I started releasing stuff on the workshop, and the tricky thing is it effects the entire progression of the game. It's also a massive amount of work.

Just my advice, but I would definitely start with simpler mods first. Replace some Citystates, built a Civ, etc.

there used to be a militia mod, but I can no longer find it. i thought that it was great for BNW since the AIs do no build sufficient defensive units. any one know what happened to it?

Venice needs some kind of mod to buffer them.

2 aspects:

1) Trade ships need to provide some kind of bonus science. i would go so far as to say it should be doubled or tripled based on whatever metric is currently being used.

2) National wonders need to be constructable. What i would say to this is that an "OR" function be included in the requirements for ALL or 6 or however many requisite structures to produce the national wonder, so that puppet city's count towards this. Not being able to produce a national academy or oxford university or a east india company seriously hamstrings venice mid-game, and they cannot catch up unless they are playing super aggressive and taking a ton of cities.

Can someone please, please make a small mod for BNW that removes any and all natural wonders from the game? I think this might be as simple as commenting out a line in the map generating script or changing a value in the world size table but I may be wrong, I'm no good with modding.

Please, the OP randomness is driving me mad! :(

Is there a way to make a colonization mod?

Similar to Civ 4's Colonization but better. Use a map type similar to the Terra option on the Communitas modded maps and the Civs that are spawned in the new world have a severe tech penalty, and you could be one of them, but has other benefits that can make them last against the Civs from the Old World.
Then once the game reaches the 1700s Colonies can revolt and form new Empires that also is in the same tech level as their old leader, but I'm not sure how a mid 1800s colonization would work. In BNW when a civ revolts from its owner a new civ joins the game and instead follows the ideology of the civ it was originally was supposed to join.

Does anyone think this is possible?

PS. If this mod was added, along with other mods such as the "Civilization IV Diplomatic Features", and the "Culture Diffusion" mods combined with a colonization mod would just add to the fun.

Top Bottom