Resolved: The Ballista Elephant Is the Crappiest UU in the Game

Another item about Balista elephants, they are very susceptible to opposing war elephants. I am seeing this in my Cathy RPC, I have stacks of CR maces and formation jumbos (or I will soon) and the Balista's are targeting the war elephants. Also targeting formation knights are not helping them.

If those were the best defenders against those Elephants, then it wouldn't have made a difference, they would have had to beat them anyway. Doesn't anyone do defense manipulation around here?

Even if BEs are highly situational when their right situation comes they are fun to use. They spice things up. Compare that to the praetorian which is like oh ho hum a more stronger against everything swordman i guess i'll be fighting the same battles as last time except i'll be more successful.

I'd almost forgotten about this old thread...

I've read all TEN pages today. great arguments and counters.
and yep, its been resolved, the ballista is the 'crappiest' UU in the entire game.

Well I will pipe in again after thinking it over.

The Balista is the worse UU. Just nothing redeeming about it.

... though I'm glad to see the support. :coffee:

And, yeah - the Ballista Elephant still blows in 2008.

I saw a ballista elephant for the very first time in my last game. The AI built some of them. It kinda freaked me out........ it was okay though, because I didn't have any horses, and my pikes made short work of them.

Just got done losing a game with Khmer. I did a fractal map and ended up with 3 main continents and a few unsettled islands. Of course my island had no ivory and whoever had the ivory was too far away to meet and trade with before BE's usefulness would have waned.

On the bright side, I took out the other two civs on my continent and settled several of the islands. On the down side, as my military power was peaking in the modern era, Pericles won a cultural victory on the other side of the world.

After playing this game, I hated the BE so I sought out this thread. :goodjob:

The Khmer always seem to start with Ivory when you play against them, but never have Ivory when you play as them. :lol:

Welcome to the Forums WFU03. :beer:

The Khmer always seem to start with Ivory when you play against them, but never have Ivory when you play as them. :lol:

Welcome to the Forums WFU03. :beer:

Thanks!

I just realized that I might have the weirdest looking profile ever there

Kinda makes me wonder why I ever registered in 2001. :crazyeye:

Top Bottom