RevolutionDCM for BTS

Thanks afforess. The decision to train inquisitors was completely arbitrary, I think it was just set up as a way to get it to happen, but with no rhyme or reason to it; I had to completely rewrite the logic. The AI logic for targeting cities for inquisitions was solid though, at least for cities that had revolt problems, but there is absolutely nothing in there for targeting cities to go for Religious victory; I have to write this from scratch.

Do you know a logical way to loop through all team and vassal cities, and not just the player? I'm going to set up a loop through all cities in the game, but it seems like there should be a better way.

To loop over a team's cities, you need to loop over all the players, and see if any of them is us, or our vassal, then loop over all our cities. There are examples in CvTeam, for sure.

well I've got everything coded now, and it is behaving as coded. I'm not fully satisfied with the conditional checks for pushReligiousVictory, and considerReligiousVictory (causes the AI to build more inquisitors).

What are some good conditional checks, specific numbers needed here, that people would consider good for an AI to pursue Religious Victory with a gusto, or just produce a few extra inquisitors and missionaries? Anyway I have the framework set up solid, but I just need some logic checks that make sense gameplay wise before I feel totally satisfied, but I am unsure what would be good here. I don't think I've ever actually pursued and won a religious victory myself, so it's hard trying to teach the AI how to do it :crazyeye:

I scanned through but couldn't find it. The mod starts up fine but diplomacy screens are completely blank. Meaning like, Korea contacts me and there is no text, nothing to click. What am I missing there?

well I've got everything coded now, and it is behaving as coded. I'm not fully satisfied with the conditional checks for pushReligiousVictory, and considerReligiousVictory (causes the AI to build more inquisitors).

What are some good conditional checks, specific numbers needed here, that people would consider good for an AI to pursue Religious Victory with a gusto, or just produce a few extra inquisitors and missionaries? Anyway I have the framework set up solid, but I just need some logic checks that make sense gameplay wise before I feel totally satisfied, but I am unsure what would be good here. I don't think I've ever actually pursued and won a religious victory myself, so it's hard trying to teach the AI how to do it :crazyeye:

phungus,

I am currently rebuilding both Limited Religions and Inquisitions (OIM) to completely separate entities. Very little is needed for Limited religions, as you already have 95% of what I have done. So, I am conscentrating on the Inquisitions side, which includes the religious victory code. Initial tests are good and both mods are now separate and I am tweaking a few functions. One of the benefits to the new functions is that new religions can be added easily, without modifying anything in the split versions. I pasted in the Shinto religion and it worked. Only difference between yours and mine is I have a decentralized inquisitor, which resolves a number of problems in code logic.

I can pursue a better logic scheme for the AI to achieve a religious victory. If you can wait a few more days, I will have my work finished and will provide you with the results before I release the new split versions of the mod. Perhaps you can provide me what what you have achieved so far.....

Orion Veteran :cool:

I am back with another question :)

I see that you recently discussed Inquisitors and I have a few thoughts. I am playing the GEM World Map (4000 BC) and the empires get large and the research is slow. One thing that cripples the AI is that they produce too few inquisitors to keep their empire united under one religion leading to too many revolts.

Is there anything I could do to change this only by changing XML values? What I am thinking about is the following. You think any of them will help?:
Reduce cost of Inquisitors
Able to have more inquisitors around (up from 3)
Change Tech Prereq. to an earlier tech than Theology
Raise purgeprobability for success (I don't know how)
Is there some XML value that makes the AI value the units more? Would that be a good idea?

Thanks for any help!

@ OrionVeteran

Everything is in the SDK and working perfectly, except the religious victory. Please take a look at the 2.8 SVN branch, that's where all the new code is, we aren't going to break save game compatibility with RevDCM 2.72 (and glider will probably be releasing that in a day or two); but 2.8 is where the new code you'd be interested in is; keep in mind it's all in the SDK. If you want to improve Religous Victory, feel free; it's proffered that you code it in the SDK though (and keeping it contained in CvInfos and CvGame is also a big plus). Python is really only good for simple scripting and interface stuff; setting up big loops and complex functions or anything that gets called alot in python can really cause a performance hit.

@ apelsinlax

I just recoded the whole inquisitor AI logic, but it wol't be released outside the SVN till 2.8, and that could be a while. Plus GEM hasn't updated the RevDCM component since 2.5; so it's outdated so it's not really possible to support any issues that exist in it, as we've fixed many, many bugs and issues since then.

I scanned through but couldn't find it. The mod starts up fine but diplomacy screens are completely blank. Meaning like, Korea contacts me and there is no text, nothing to click. What am I missing there?
Reinstall. There are old files from an old version of RevDCM causing conflicts, reinstalling using the installer after it has already ran once will allow the uninstaller to clear the RevDCM directory before reinstalling.

@ OrionVeteran

Everything is in the SDK and working perfectly, except the religious victory. Please take a look at the 2.8 SVN branch, that's where all the new code is, we aren't going to break save game compatibility with RevDCM 2.72 (and glider will probably be releasing that in a day or two); but 2.8 is where the new code you'd be interested in is; keep in mind it's all in the SDK. If you want to improve Religous Victory, feel free; it's proffered that you code it in the SDK though (and keeping it contained in CvInfos and CvGame is also a big plus). Python is really only good for simple scripting and interface stuff; setting up big loops and complex functions or anything that gets called alot in python can really cause a performance hit.

For now I'm working in Python until I finally make the jump to learn SDK. Perhaps this fall. But I will provide you with my latest work for you to peruse.

For now I'm working in Python until I finally make the jump to learn SDK. Perhaps this fall. But I will provide you with my latest work for you to peruse.

C is easier to understand and to work with than python IMO. Granted I don't have much experience, just hobby work done for this mod mainly, but they are very similar, it's jut C allows for some useful things, like overloading functions, and is just easier to debug.

One thing python is better than C is with strings. I hate dealing with strings in C. For everything else, I prefer C.

@ apelsinlax

I just recoded the whole inquisitor AI logic, but it wol't be released outside the SVN till 2.8, and that could be a while. Plus GEM hasn't updated the RevDCM component since 2.5; so it's outdated so it's not really possible to support any issues that exist in it, as we've fixed many, many bugs and issues since then.

Thanks for your answer. Sorry :blush: but I missed to say that I actually use latest RevDCM 2.71 and "merged" it with only the plain GEM map with new civs.

Will any of the XML changes I asked about make a difference you think? Something I could do on my own while waiting for future versions so the AI atleast builds a bit more Inquisitors etc.

No, not possible in the XML. You can always pull the 2.8 development version from the SVN though, it's in the branches folder, and not the trunk.

Ok thanks, I wait than! :)

Knowing you people have made this awesome mod available and still works on it can make any person smile!

I have another questions though, ofcourse. Is there somewhere a reference that explaines everything that is positive/negative for the RevIndex? Like a list of Buildings, Wonders, Civics, Events, War/Peace, Port etc...
And the "Financial Trouble" really got me wondering.

I have been playing RevDCM for a year or so now (love it). A few days ago, my roommate and I wanted to start a multi-player game and I was directed to download patch 3.19 (which I thought I already had). So, I downloaded it. And then I downloaded the latest version of RevDCM.

The problem I'm having is that RevDCM will no longer play using the Blue Marble graphics. The vanilla game will play with Blue Marble, but not RevDCM. I never had that problem before. Any ideas?

I had added a couple traits in the LoR mod and have them worked out, but when I try to add them to RevDCM I'm getting the TXT_KEY for long and short descriptions. I changed everything, but in LoR there's a CIV4GameTextInfos_Objects.xml that's not in DCM. I did a file search in notepad++ for one of the stock traits and added everything in the files I found. What am I missing?

Looking at RevDCM 2.71... what is the point of having both a bool CvUnit::bombard function, and a bool CvUnit::bombardRanged? Couldn't you completely strip out the original bombard function, and just use the Ranged function?

I have been playing RevDCM for a year or so now (love it). A few days ago, my roommate and I wanted to start a multi-player game and I was directed to download patch 3.19 (which I thought I already had). So, I downloaded it. And then I downloaded the latest version of RevDCM.

The problem I'm having is that RevDCM will no longer play using the Blue Marble graphics. The vanilla game will play with Blue Marble, but not RevDCM. I never had that problem before. Any ideas?

Go to the RevolutionDCM folder. Open the RevolutionDCM config file. Change NoCustomAssets = 1 to NoCustomAssets = 0.

I assume that the game will be :):):):)ed up though if you have any CustomAssets besides Blue Marble. Good luck!

Top Bottom