RevolutionDCM for BTS

hi great mod just wondering how to get the event with images to work. I put the image files in assets/art/eventimages not sure if this is the right place but that's where I put them in better bug ai but this is not working as there are no images with the events.thanks in advance

It's not easy to explain, as it's basically merging in a new modcomp, and to do it correctly you should set it up us a BUG module, it actually took me a while to get it working properly in Legends of Revolution. Due to size constraints, EWI wol't be added to the RevDCM core itself, but I can set it up as an optional add on for the next release. For now EWI is included in Legends of Revolutions, Quote Capita, Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn, and most likely CCV; all of these mods utilize a RevDCM gamecore.

that would be cool thanks, I had seen that is was in a different place for legends of revolutions so i guessed that it would need to be modular witch is a bit much for me to do but thought that i would ask anyway .just to add legends of revolutions is a great mod and brilliant to play thanks for the answer.

Revision 647:
Everything seem to be going well. I see no new problems now.

I'll report if anything go wrong with this revision. :)

Happy holidays.

Hi Os79
Thanks for the feedback. Some AUA options don't have a cancel button you have to hit cancel all automations instead. There is a bug in some selection groupings with AUA I think and it would be good to add automation detection to the list of unit orders that can be displayed in the military advisor so that you can find all your automated units quickly from there.
You too have a good break.
Cheers

Please add these components in RevDCM...
1. Dynamic opening panel (only if a city is selected)
1.1. standart view:

1.2. opened view:

2. Air auto reconnaissance
2.1. standart view (light - on / off the total):

2.2. on the next turn after reconnaissance (remove the aircraft from the list of auto reconnaissance / perform auto reconnaissance):

Necessary files (art & 2 python files - "# SBGames"):
http://sbgames.narod.ru/files/temp/Assets.rar

Thanks Snake, will check it out.
Cheers

Latest revision:

#1 Nice additions of Orders in Military Adviser. Definitely useful.

#2 Two minor bugs related to AUA. Actually one, another is an annoyance.
1. Auto spread hide function did not work.
2. Annoyance: When my City Defending units upgrade, they ask for my order over again. In Afforess' modpack, when they upgrade, they still are auto-City Defending. I don't mind other automation stopping and asking for my orders. However, City Defense units generally are useful the entire game just as that, City Defense. No need to change their orders unless I call them up myself.

Wow thanks for the feedback OS. Yeah there is a lot to check. The military advisor addition is important so that you can keep track of the automations. Appreciate the help.
Cheers

2. Annoyance: When my City Defending units upgrade, they ask for my order over again. In Afforess' modpack, when they upgrade, they still are auto-City Defending. I don't mind other automation stopping and asking for my orders. However, City Defense units generally are useful the entire game just as that, City Defense. No need to change their orders unless I call them up myself.

Eh OS
Fixed the spread bug you found, thanks. The annoyance above is a bit harder to track down. I've got it on the to-do list but haven't found yet the spot in the SDK where the unit's orders are being cancelled after the upgrade. It shouldn't be hard but my eyes have gone mushy.

Cheers

Eh OS
Fixed the spread bug you found, thanks. The annoyance above is a bit harder to track down. I've got it on the to-do list but haven't found yet the spot in the SDK where the unit's orders are being cancelled after the upgrade. It shouldn't be hard but my eyes have gone mushy.

Cheers

Look at CvSelectionGroup::deleteUnitNode(...).

Merry Christmas! ;)

Merry Christmas! ;)

Delete Unit Node Delete Unit Node yeah! Never in my entire life have I been given a line of code for Christmas before Afforess thank you! :) Enjoy that beer at Christmas ok and best wishes to you and the rest of the fans for 2011, and thanks for the help this year!

Cheers and have a beautiful Christmas :goodjob:

Hi guys,

I've attempted to rebuild Dune Wars using RevDCM 2.83 as a base, but I have a common crash on game start up that I haven't been able to debug. This thread has a link to my merged mod and source and all the info I have so far.

Any help you guys can offer would be seriously appreciated as I'm at a bit of brick wall with this.

Thanks.

Hey guys...

Question about GEM (Giant Earth Map) and this mod. I saw in the GEM thread that it comes updated with a previous version of RevDCM (from over a year ago).

I'm not sure why I can't figure this out - but how can I take the GEM 1940 scenario and use it with the current version of RevDCM. I downloaded the GEM mod....took the private maps section for GEM 1940 and placed it in the maps section in RevDCM, yet....it doesn't load correctly. It only loads with 18 civs. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong??

Does anyone have any advice on how to use the most current version of RevDCM with GEM 1940?

Thanks,
Matt

Latest Revision:

Wow, what a game! I'm now into Future era at past of 410 turns (Normal speed).

I am at second place and there are still over ten civs left to conquer (Conquest victory for me). Huge map.

Excellent game so far (at least for vanilla BtS game ;))

OK, just two thoughts for now:
#1 Not a necessity but would be nice if you agree. Fortify should be like Auto City Defense in not getting my attention when auto upgrading. When I get Machine Gun, I set one of them for each city and fortify them :). But like I said, it is not a necessity. I'm cool if you don't want to do that.

#2 Afforess have this problem too so don't worry about this overmuch. We need to invent new hotkey for Border Patrol automation because {B} is already used for Bombardment. But it is hard to find an available new hotkey so not a necessity too.

Anyway, a great game. I'm still playing to my final victory, yay! It had been a long time since I enjoy vanilla BtS game. It is because of ease of play with the AUA, yay!

Hi ya OS
Thanks for the feedback and agree, even the late game is cool with smarter AI's and I'm enjoying a similar experience in my own test game. Some of those automations that Afforess has coded are great like auto-recon for air units. Even border patrol has it's uses in some situations. It's definitely a great addition to RevDCM. Even auto-pillage for naval vessels seemed to work good enough with the vessel automatically returning to friendly ports for repairs. Excellent job Afforess. I'm reluctant to change the fortify break on upgrade because that is default behavior, but if auto-upgrade is on, I can't see why not to.

I should try to put the defense pact options into the main interface so that you can try that at some time. Default behavior is the same but option 1 from Better BTS AI has been fixed and could produce some interesting results. In option-1 nations can form multi-pact defense arrangements that do not break when war is declared on the pact. If any member offensively goes to war, they drop out of the pact, but the rest of the pact remains intact. I'd say with an option like that, the AI needs to be adjusted for a better decision making process on pacts, but it might produce some nice scenarios in any case even now.

@Mattygerst
Sounds like it needs to be fixed. Hope someone can help. If not, I'll see what I can do.
Cheers

Cheers

@Mattygerst
Sounds like it needs to be fixed. Hope someone can help. If not, I'll see what I can do.
Cheers

Ya...I haven't exactly found much in the way of a fix...I thought it may be as easy as replacing the GEM with the current RevDCM DLL....but no such luck. Not exactly sure what to do at this point...

I didn't think that simply updating GEM to the most recent version of RevDCM would find to be so cumbersome...but I'm having no luck...if you could find any time in your day to look into a possible solution that you could suggest I try - I'd def. appreciate it..

Thanks!
Matt

Eh Matty
Here is a quick hack together of Giant Earth Map mod for the latest RevDCM. The leader flags don't show for stupid reasons and the whole thing should be modularised to avoid these problems with compatibility into the future (because modularised mods are easier to upgrade). Problem is I cannot test what I have done because my 2GB laptop spits the dummy on any and all of the GEM maps. Needs more RAM. Could you check it out? Try any of the GEM scenarios. Bear in mind that even really powerful machines with lots of RAM will potentially crap out with memory problems. The whole point of RevDCM is to improve the quality of the BTS game, not the quantity.
Cheers

Hey there glider.

Sorry for the late reply - I've been at work all day (working 45 hr/week is a real drag). I definitely stayed up late last night attempting to complete what you did above. I just tried it out and it definitely does work & is updated. Thats pretty much awesome. I don't think I could be more thrilled. I've really wanted to get into modding (or attempting to) for some time and I think I have some knowledge to build on...but I couldn't do much with my previous 256 MB RAM computer. So...my 6 GB RAM computer now seems like a monster.

Just want to chime in my thanks to those who yet tirelessly labor to work on RevolutionDCM. Both coders and testers, thank you!

I don't think I'll be getting Civ 5 for quite some time, and I'm really glad to see that RevDCM for Civ 4 hasn't been abandoned in the mad rush to 5. 5 will eventually gain the patchery, polish, expansions, and community dev time to establish it a solid classic, but until then, it's good to have continued mod activity in the best Civ yet.

Thanks again!

--frog

Top Bottom