Himyarites
Azerbaijan
Canaanites
Congo Kingdom
Burma
Tibet
Sican (in South America)
Swahili City States

I am now finally ready to do some major work on my mod (until now I basically did look for errors), so, just like when I first started it, I have some civs for which I need ideas for UHVs, UPs, and, since they'll be new civs, leaders, spawn dates, etc.

I can only add civs for the 600 AD scenario (using the slots otherwise occupied by possibly respawning 3000 BC scenario civs).

The civs I want to add next are:

- Mughal India
- Timurids (both as finally a central Asian civ and the new civ in Persia)
- Berbers (from the Almohads on)
- Italy
- Indonesia

Furthermore, there are 4 more slots I could fill with civilizations, but I don't know yet which to choose. Candidates so far are

- Canada
- Australia
- Brazil
- maybe a polynesian Civ

for Mughal India i think that it would be best to use SoI as a base as seeing how that is there area of interest, the same with Timur and RFCA possibly.
Indonesia only gained independence after WWII if you are looking at the current country however there have been several sultanates from 1200 to around 1500 as Islam spread.

Here're some ideas for Indonesia...

Name: Majapahit [at spawn], Indonesia [after 1500/1700/1900(?)]
Start: 1293 AD
Leaders: Hayam Wuruk [at spawn], Sukarno [after 1900]
UU: Kapal perang [caravel, 50 :hammers:, 3 :move:, 4 :strength:, requires Gunpowder and Sailing, can only sail in ocean with discovery of Optics]
UB: Candi [theater, 50 :hammers:, +2 :culture:, +2 :hammers:, allows production of missionaries, requires Priesthood, requires Buddhism or Hinduism]
UP: Power of the Qur'an - When Islam spreads to Indonesian cities it replaces all other religions and gives 3 :)
UHV:
-Have 5000 :gold: in 1500AD
-Spread Islam to 30/40% by 1600AD
-Be the only nation in southeast Asia in 1800AD

Alternatives:
-Have open borders with 6/7 nations in 1500AD
-Have the highest population in 1900/2000AD

Also, I think the Safavids would be far better than the Timurids, as they represent a nation spanning from 1500-today, rather than one of a much smaller time period.

Also, I think the Safavids would be far better than the Timurids, as they represent a nation spanning from 1500-today, rather than one of a much smaller time period.
In my opinion, The best solution is to add two different civilization for the regions. First a central asian civ should spawn in 950-1000 ad (rise of the Seljuks); then in 1500 ad a Persian Civ should spawn in the region. JUst so u guys have a better idea to what im talking about this is just like the HRE situation with the Prussian German separation.

The Safawids would have been my second choice, but perhaps I'll really do what J. pride says, and have both.

The Safawids would have been my second choice, but perhaps I'll really do what J. pride says, and have both.
Thank You, Do u want me to post UHVs, UPs, and, since they'll be new civs, leaders, spawn dates, etc

I am now finally ready to do some major work on my mod (until now I basically did look for errors), so, just like when I first started it, I have some civs for which I need ideas for UHVs, UPs, and, since they'll be new civs, leaders, spawn dates, etc.

I can only add civs for the 600 AD scenario (using the slots otherwise occupied by possibly respawning 3000 BC scenario civs).

- Mughal India
- Italy
- Indonesia

Furthermore, there are 4 more slots I could fill with civilizations, but I don't know yet which to choose. Candidates so far are

- Canada
- Australia
- Brazil
- maybe a polynesian Civ

Indonesia/Majapahits would be a great addition I think.
I don't think polynesia is important enough to warrant its own civ, I think a better option would be Argentina.
Also, I think a couple of independent cities along the silk road would be a good idea

- Mughal India
- Italy
- Indonesia

- Canada
- Australia
- Brazil
- maybe a polynesian Civ

I love the idea of civs representing decolonisation.

Maybe they spawn as vassals of the dominant power in their flip zone? Something to think about, I guess.

Just wondering, why don't you simply take India and respawn it as Mughal India? Is it not easier? I mean game-wise, not historically-wise.
I'd say that way it would also be easier to integrate Aztec→Mexico, Rome→Italy and Inca→Peru to the game.

Australia, Canada and Brazil would really balance the game, and by the way, Almohads and Indonesia? AWESOME!

Interesting... I like the idea of the berbers. I've thought up how to add them into the mod.

Here's some ideas, a couple UUs to think about and what not
Moorish Dynasty:
Unique Unit:
– Tuareg Camel Riders: Replaces Knight. Plus 25 vs. mounted units. No terrain movement cost. (info): The Tuareg are fierce and independent camel herding nomads from the Sahara. Tuareg men wear a distinctive blue or indigo veil that covers most of their face. These hardy spearmen are well used to riding camels and make excellent desert cavalry. Camels have an advantage over horses in melee, as horses detest the smell of camels. Horses not required.
- Granadine Jinetes: Replaces Horsemen. Plus two first strike chances. No Terrain movement coast. (Info): Descendants of Moors who settled in Iberia. These lightly armored skirmishers are capable of forming a circle formation that provides constant fire against the enemy. They use their speed to stay out of harm's way until they can hurl their javelins, then close in when the enemy is sufficiently weakened.
- Ghazis: Replaces axemen. Plus 50% production speed with state religion. No bonus against melee units. (Info): Ghazis are wild religious warriors seeking to find paradise through combat. Armed with a large axe and fiery fanaticism, these troops recklessly throw themselves into combat no matter the odds, caring little about their general's orders. Armed with a one-handed axe, these troops will try to hack and slash their way through anything.
- Desert Calvary: Replaces Cuirassier. Plus twenty-five vs. mounted units. No terrain movement cost. Plus ten percent combat strength in desert. Horses not required. (Camel Riders with guns)

Unique Building – Caravansary: Replaces stable. Plus two trade routes. (Info): With some of the desert caravans being so incredibly large, the Moors must set up Caravan Stops at their castles, to give the traders somewhere to stay inside the safety of the walls. The traders show their appreciation by including the place along their caravan route, bringing extra coin in. The Caravansary is essentially a sort of traveler’s inn, built around a large court where the drivers can ‘stable’ their camels. Any castle with a Caravansary is a preferred destination for desert trade, greatly increasing the taxable income in the region.

Unique Power – Holy War: All non-state religions in cities are removed on conquest and state Religion is added. Or even - Unlimited drafting in cities with State Religion.
Unique Historic Victory:
1st: Control the Maghreb by 1260.
2nd: Iberian Peninsula by 1250AD
3rd: Control ten percent of the world by 1270AD.
Leader - Abdallah Ibn Yasin
Personality – Aggressive. Imperialistic.
Preferred Civics – Theocracy.
Preferred Religion - Islam
Other - The ‘Moorish Dynasty’ encompasses the Almohad Empire, the Almoravid Kingdom, Zirid and Hammadid. The evolutionary names would go such as Zirid Dynasty -> Hammadid Dynasty -> Almoravid Kingdom -> Almohad Empire -> (possibly Kingdom of Morocco) -> Maghreb Union (Modern) with it's base name Moorish Dynasty. I think it should also be noted that these Dynasties were of African Muslims and not as of yet Arab Muslims from the East.
Foundation - 900AD.
Info – The Moorish peoples of Africa controlled the Maghreb and Iberian Peninsula under the Almoravid and Almohad Dynasties.

The Lamtuna are a Berber tribe from the regions of Mauritania-Western Sahara-Morocco-Algeria. The Almoravids, the founders of Marrakech in Morocco where they established their capital, originated from this tribe.
The Almoravids were a Berber dynasty from the Sahara that spread over a wide area of northwestern Africa and the Iberian Peninsula during the 11th century.
Under this dynasty the Moorish empire was extended over present-day Morocco, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Gibraltar, Tlemcen (in Algeria) and a great part of what is now Senegal and Mali in the south, and Spain and Portugal to the north in Europe. At its greatest extent, the empire stretched 3,000 kilometres north to south (an all-time latitude spanner until Spanish America).
The Almohad Dynasty was a continuing dynasty from the Almoravids that was founded in the 12th century, and conquered all northern Africa as far as Libya, together with Al-Andalus (Moorish Iberia). Between 1130 and his death in 1163, Abd al-Mu'min al-Kumi, a Berber from Nedroma, defeated the ruling Almoravids and extended his power over all northern Africa as far as Libya, becoming Emir of Marrakech in 1149. Al-Andalus, Moorish Iberia, followed the fate of Africa, and in 1170 the Almohads transferred their capital to Seville. However, by 1212 Muhammad III, "al-Nasir" (1199–1214) was defeated by an alliance of the four Christian princes of Castile, Aragón, Navarre and Portugal, at the Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa in the Sierra Morena. The battle destroyed Almohad dominance. Nearly all of the Moorish dominions in Iberia were lost soon after, with the great Moorish cities of Córdoba and Seville falling to the Christians in 1236 and 1248 respectively. The Almohads continued to rule in Africa until the piecemeal loss of territory through the revolt of tribes and districts enabled their most effective enemies, the Marinids in 1215. The last representative of the line, Idris II, "El Wathiq"' was reduced to the possession of Marrakech, where he was murdered by a slave in 1269

So, theres some thoughts on the Berbers, I think it would be a cool addition to the mod... What ya think?

Unique Historic Victory:
1st: Control the Maghreb by 1260.
2nd: Iberian Peninsula by 1250AD
3rd: Control ten percent of the world by 1270AD.
Looks good but UHV need revision.
Firstly shouldn't the Berbers conquer Maghreb first, since they start there? Secondly, the Uhv aren't spaced and are all related to conquest.

Heres what I think the the Berbers should look like:
Start: 880 ad
UHV:
Have three cities in the Maghreb and two in Spain in 950 ad
(Basically signifies Berber control of North Africa and Spain)
Be the most Scientifically advanced Civ in the world in 1050 ad
(Reason: The Moors were lightyears ahead of their European couterparts when it came to science; also most of European knowlege for the Renaissance came from Muslim Iberia)
Vassalize or control Spain and Mali in 1200 to 1300ish ad
(Under the Almoravids both of these regions were conquered by the Alomoravids but the challange is to make them stay that way; which didnt happen in actual history; so this is the non historical goal )

Looks good but UHV need revision.
Firstly shouldn't the Berbers conquer Maghreb first, since they start there? Secondly, the Uhv aren't spaced and are all related to conquest.

Heres what I think the the Berbers should look like:
Start: 880 ad
UHV:
Have three cities in the Maghreb and two in Spain in 950 ad
(Basically signifies Berber control of North Africa and Spain)
Be the most Scientifically advanced Civ in the world in 1050 ad
(Reason: The Moors were lightyears ahead of their European couterparts when it came to science; also most of European knowlege for the Renaissance came from Muslim Iberia)
Vassalize or control Spain and Mali in 1200 to 1300ish ad
(Under the Almoravids both of these regions were conquered by the Alomoravids but the challange is to make them stay that way; which didnt happen in actual history; so this is the non historical goal )

All good points. I was thinking of it as holding on to said land longer. Not so much conquer by, but yeah.
I would add maybe another city to North Africa, as they did have a large hold on the land. But again, the goal I had more stood for the holding of land more then the taking, as around that time is when they started facing loss of land that would ultimately lead to their fall.
I like the science part, but I would push that back to around 1100AD-1200AD, I would say that was around their peak. As for the vassals, I would say possibly Spain and Portugal. Moorish conquest in West Africa was minimal, and the Dynasties didn't hold as much interest in them as Iberia. Also, it was losses in Iberia, not West Africa, that hurt them the most.

Well you could ad Portugal to vassalization list but my third goal is going for a something of a stretch (like the Uhv of many other civ like America with oil and India with the religion). West Africa wasnt a major blow to the Berbers not because it was not important but because it was not their to begin with (Mali, Songhai etc) and that the Sahara was too much of an obstacle. West Africa was very important as it was home to many resources and controlling the region would give a monoply to the Berbers. If the Morrocans had effectively conquered the Songhai the Triangular Trade would have never occured.

As far as the Science is concerned, the golden age of Muslim Iberia was under the Caliphate of Cordoba and that is when most of the scientific advancements took place; im stretcing it as so i think 1050 would suffice. But if u really think the 1100 would be better, i have no problems.

Top Bottom