RFC Europe playtesting feedback thread

Here you go then. As requested. In the next turn below you get the request. If you say yes, the city comes under the control of the Pope.

I can't seem to get the event. Did he ask for it from the diplomacy screen? At least he is not asking for the "liberation" if a city.

500 years? You do something wrong. 1173 last barbs spawned in England at emporer.

- capture Edingburgh, get 10 culture
- found Inverness on the fur, get 10 culture
- block the 2 tiles not in your borders to the west of Edinburgh with troops
barbs gone

bye Myri

- capture Edingburgh, give it to French for peace, let barbs raze it.
- found Inverness on the fur, get 10 culture
- found a city on the moorland W of iron, SE of moorland sheep, get 10 culture. The whole Scotland is covered.

I can't seem to get the event. Did he ask for it from the diplomacy screen? At least he is not asking for the "liberation" if a city.

How is it that I get it? I downloaded the same save as you did and it still happened for me. See the screenshots.
1. The people long to join the papacy. The Pope will be pleased with me if I accept.
2. I accepted. The city falls under papal control

I thought you founded that city or did you conquer it?

I founded it the turn before. This happens all the time for me.

I founded it the turn before. This happens all the time for me.

Funny thing. It actually is not the Pope asking for the city (the Pope cannot do that), but your Advisor is suggesting that you should give it away. If I were you, I would fire the advisor (Options -> Uncheck the "Advisor Popup" button).

Anyway, this should not happen in the next version.

I cant found corporations now. And what is that saint thing good for? Nothing happens? :-(

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned already but here's a bug I just found playing as Venice. Not only have I got open borders with independent Ragusa but if I try to attack with my stack a right click on their tile just lets my in rather than declare war. And I don't even have the option of razing their fish tile. (see screenshots). How am I supposed to conquer this city?:confused:

That hotfix worked fine. Thanks

Just to report the largest crusade I've ever seen while playing as Arabia. Led by the Spanish they turned up at Jerusalem with 7 trebechets, 8 catapults, 5 knights, 2 heavy lancers, 4 long swordsmen, 2 crossbowmen and a spearman, a total of 29 troops.
Fortunately I was ready for them. I had 6 arabalests. 4 crossbowmen and 4 guisarmes. And my city had built the Krak des Chavaliers and had +160% defence.
They never knew what hit them. It was like swatting flies.:lol:

(Playing Alpha 5, with the Venetian patch)

I played as Germany, and I noticed a few possible bugs.

1) When capturing Jerusalem, you no longer get a golden age. Also, Jerusalem does not get any culture flipped to it, as in a previous version. This might be an intentional change, but I didn't read it in the notes.

2) At 2/3 UHVs as Germany (The counter indeed says 2/3) I did not get a triumphal arch nor a golden age.

3) Kiev respawned, vassalized to Bulgaria and made peace with Barbarians.

(Playing Alpha 5, with the Venetian patch)

I played as Germany, and I noticed a few possible bugs.

1) When capturing Jerusalem, you no longer get a golden age. Also, Jerusalem does not get any culture flipped to it, as in a previous version. This might be an intentional change, but I didn't read it in the notes.

2) At 2/3 UHVs as Germany (The counter indeed says 2/3) I did not get a triumphal arch nor a golden age.

3) Kiev respawned, vassalized to Bulgaria and made peace with Barbarians.

Yeah, 1 is noted already. 2 seems not to be just Germany's problem (last patch I got my TA but it was a 1 turn late, and with this patch I didn't get a GA with Kiev). I noted 3 also, but thought it was a nice touch for the Mongols to make peace with Kiev. :lol:

I noted 3 also, but thought it was a nice touch for the Mongols to make peace with Kiev. :lol:

Yeah, I wondered at that.

On a side note, the German barbarians seems under control, at least on monarch. I had 3 willing vassals (one of which was the norse who I collapsed, but they respawned and vassalized), and one by conquest. I was counting on some extended dome of the rock golden ages to get my troop production up, so I aborted when I didn't get my arch.

Yeah, I wondered at that.

On a side note, the German barbarians seems under control, at least on monarch. I had 3 willing vassals (one of which was the norse who I collapsed, but they respawned and vassalized), and one by conquest. I was counting on some extended dome of the rock golden ages to get my troop production up, so I aborted when I didn't get my arch.

1. Peace with the Mongols was actually an RFC bug, fixed it and notified Rhye

Do you have a save game a turn or two before the TA had to be build (autosave or something).

Well, in monarch I think the barbs made the indy defenders much stronger, if anything. You really have to start cranking up the troops a little before the golden age unless you want to draft your cities dry. Most of your cities should be able to build a mounted sergeant or arqubusier in 1-2 moves by your GA even without a GA. Just say no to the Pope.
:please:Pope
:coffee:you

Well, in monarch I think the barbs made the indy defenders much stronger, if anything. You really have to start cranking up the troops a little before the golden age unless you want to draft your cities dry. Most of your cities should be able to build a mounted sergeant or arqubusier in 1-2 moves by your GA even without a GA. Just say no to the Pope.
:please:Pope
:coffee:you

If the pope bugs you too much -> research the Printing Press!

Which should be a UHV for Germany anyway :) Oh well I can wait till next version.

Pope just razed barbarian Toulouse. Should not be at war with barbs to avoid this.

bye Myri

Do you have a save game a turn or two before the TA had to be build (autosave or something).

Attached 1461 save, should be the turn immediately before I got credit for 2/3 UHV.

If the pope bugs you too much -> research the Printing Press!

Was in fact working on it.

Attachments

• Frederick AD-1461 Turn 287.CivBeyondSwordSave
    770.5 KB · Views: 51
Top Bottom