RFC Europe playtesting feedback thread

Why is it possible to capture Roma? I have just done it. The pope had 'collapsed' and being a interdependent state it was possible to declare Roma war. Should that actually be possible?

So I'm not the only one whose had this happen :D

They gonna tell you to upload a game save.

And it doesn't affect the chances of getting to lead a crusade much, cause I'm just been chosen to lead one.

I didn't really have problems with Poland. Although Orthdoxy is (maybe) more useful, to get their UHV you must be Catholic. It usually arrives within five turns in Warsaw. Regarding Hungary, just hire mercenaries and take all of your men, and you can take their capital. I took over all of Hungary and also settled as far west as Leipzig (Lipsk, I send one of the first settlers there). The problems I've had is the tech disadvantage, the Mongols, and the loss of all of the faith points at the arrival of Protestantism.

When you ask the AI (well, at least Elizabeth), "What do you want for this?", where "this" is Coal or NA/SA/EA access (and perhaps some other resources as well, such as slaves), they just say, "Here's my offer", and you can walk off with a free resource. Clearly, the AI thinks some resources have no value at all.

So, my Rome just converted to Protestantism at the Reformation. I guess the Pope had a poor self image...

Attachments

• RaFE.CivBeyondSwordSave
    796.6 KB · Views: 59
A minor thing, but I don't like it: the AI doesn't expand well enough its corporations, or does it very slowly. This is different from regular BtS.

It has happened for some time.

The difference now is with the boat unit for Hanseatic League, the AI DOES expand that corporation as it should, even to foreign cities.

Certainly something was changed for the others. The "upgrade to pikemen" thing for the military corporations? But I think it affects now all save for Hanseatic League.

Played as Genoa... things went ok until I selected to build my first Genoan Bank... and I got a crash.
Perhaps some more fish & hills would be good for the actual Genova as well. I mean, if you have been to the area, it is pretty damn hilly, there really are no plains. Also, the hills are generally pretty forested to this day... I would add another forest or two.

I was able to populate the islands I need very quickly (before 1200AD), and I highly doubt anyone is going to take my island cities by force as I have yet to see, other than the AI taking Palermo.

Also, any plans to implement the CAR mod? Or was that already done?

I would just like to say that I love this mod and have only been playing it recently, but I do have a problem.

I have the alpha eleven version of the mod and started playing the English. Everything was going great until I get to year 1590, and my game crashes every time that I try to advance to this turn.

Before I bother any of you, I must first say that my Civ IV game somewhat frequently crashes when I play too long, and these crashes are most often because some city or diplomacy window pops up as something else is loading. Normally I can just reload a previous save, and everything will work correctly.

With my current problem; however, my game crashes no matter what. I have made it so that no buildings are completed on that turn and have tried to appease the AI so that they do not bother me, and my game still crashes without fail. I have even tried loading even earlier saves to no avail.

Other minor things that have happened are random times when I receive a message that I have declared war on someone when I definitely didn't.

Here is a copy of my save from the turn before the crashing if it helps. I apologize if I am inconveniencing anyone.

Attachments

• Elizabeth AD-1588 Turn 344.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1,016 KB · Views: 78
I would just like to say that I love this mod and have only been playing it recently, but I do have a problem.

I have the alpha eleven version of the mod and started playing the English. Everything was going great until I get to year 1590, and my game crashes every time that I try to advance to this turn.

Before I bother any of you, I must first say that my Civ IV game somewhat frequently crashes when I play too long, and these crashes are most often because some city or diplomacy window pops up as something else is loading. Normally I can just reload a previous save, and everything will work correctly.

With my current problem; however, my game crashes no matter what. I have made it so that no buildings are completed on that turn and have tried to appease the AI so that they do not bother me, and my game still crashes without fail. I have even tried loading even earlier saves to no avail.

Other minor things that have happened are random times when I receive a message that I have declared war on someone when I definitely didn't.

Here is a copy of my save from the turn before the crashing if it helps. I apologize if I am inconveniencing anyone.

I loaded it and it crashed too, but my games can and do go well beyond 1590. See if that helps them pin down what's going wrong.

You can end up declaring war on other nations w/o clicking anything either by your vassals declaring on them (mostly due to their cities flipping on other nation spawns) or due to having a defensive pacts and a nation has declared war on them.

Also, any plans to implement the CAR mod? Or was that already done?

This is already done in the last alpha version. But the game is slow (compared to vanilla RFC) because we have more civs.

OK, good to know CAR is in there now.

Is there an art error on the Genoan Bank? Like I said, the game crashed when I selected it for the build queue, which usually indicates a problem with the art.

OK, good to know CAR is in there now.

Is there an art error on the Genoan Bank? Like I said, the game crashed when I selected it for the build queue, which usually indicates a problem with the art.

I changed the art. I think I forgot something. (and I think I know what.)

@ Sedna17 or 3Miro

I didn't find the problem of the Genoan Bank art. Could you try to find the error? Otherwise we will need to get the old Mint art again.:wallbash::wallbash:

@ Sedna17 or 3Miro

I didn't find the problem of the Genoan Bank art. Could you try to find the error? Otherwise we will need to get the old Mint art again.:wallbash::wallbash:

Got it. You had an extra comma in the XML, that was all. When you have multiple buttons defined (typically a standalone and an atlas ones) the format needs to be

,button1,button2

but when it's just one it needs to be

button1

without the comma. A silly thing to crash the game, you say? You'd be right.

Anyhow, sorry I've been AWOL lately, real life...

Hey guys, I haven't been very active posting, but I like a lot of the changes you've been making to the mod. It feels really very nearly complete.

That said, I've got a crash to desktop problem. Consistently, upon ending the turn. Please see attached save. I am running the most recent version you posted in the files folder.

I don't know if its a known issue, an RFCeurope mod issue, a civ4 issue, or an issue with my computer.

Attachments

• Louis XIV AD-1416 Turn 272.CivBeyondSwordSave
    767 KB · Views: 73
At a recent Spain game my great general knight was taken to the crusades, I think that GG units should not be able to be taken, is there anyway to do so?

Top Bottom