RFC Europe playtesting feedback thread

Please don't doublepost all the time, there is an edit function.

The industrial tech is the last one in the tech tree, in other words you have to finish the tech tree first.

My apologies, i did not think the first post went through, as I got a "server busy" screen when I tried to post.

Thanks for the info.

For some reason, the game crashes occaisionally. I wouldn't mind that much, but I once had 2 crashes in a turn with Burgundy. 2!

For some reason, the game crashes occaisionally. I wouldn't mind that much, but I once had 2 crashes in a turn with Burgundy. 2!

That happened to me on a previous version. I was playing Byzantium, and the game kept crashed on the same turn, each time. Hasn't happened since then though.

A savegame would help ;)

I think he meant that he posted a message in the wrong thread but that he can't delete it.

i love this mod, maybe even more so than medieval total war 2, my only suggestion is to keep adding more civs

teutonic knights perhaps?

i love this mod, maybe even more so than medieval total war 2, my only suggestion is to keep adding more civs

teutonic knights perhaps?

There will be no additional civs

I think we should invest more time/effort in improving the existing civs. I had problems with my civ4 lately so i couldn't do anything, but now i'm back.

What i like to do -but i'm unsure how the community thinks about this- is decreasing the massiv amount of ressources on the map. There is no real fight for ressources, because all decent sized empires have all they actually need. You hardly have to worry about happiness or unhealthiness in late game, ressource trading is of no importance.

I would like to see that cities have a maximum of two or three ressources, capitals may have 4 ressources to represent their importance. Smaller empires may also have 1 or 2 more, but then they should only be available in the era they spawn (i don't think that germany or burgundy should sit on this overtuned cityspot of amsterdam until the dutch spawn).

Just some examples for the numbers of ressources some cities have:
- Amsterdam: 8
- Damascus: 7
- Cordoba, Edingburgh: 6
- Venice, Milan, Barcelona, Constantinople, Leon, Epheus, York: 5
- Athenai, London, Tonsberg, Budapest: 4

Just to name some examples. I think reducing the number of ressources would give the game more fun, because you actually want to settle specific spots because you need the ressources they offer and not just because the UHV told you so. I know this would be a rather dramatic change with a big impact on the current gamebalance and i hope the mapmaker is not offended by this proposal, but in my opinion it would improve gameplay.

I would like to hear some opionions about this before spending any time on this. Especially i'm interested in the opionion of the other modders like sedna17, micbic, 3miro and merijnv1.

I think we should invest more time/effort in improving the existing civs. I had problems with my civ4 lately so i couldn't do anything, but now i'm back.

What i like to do -but i'm unsure how the community thinks about this- is decreasing the massiv amount of ressources on the map. There is no real fight for ressources, because all decent sized empires have all they actually need. You hardly have to worry about happiness or unhealthiness in late game, ressource trading is of no importance.

I would like to see that cities have a maximum of two or three ressources, capitals may have 4 ressources to represent their importance. Smaller empires may also have 1 or 2 more, but then they should only be available in the era they spawn (i don't think that germany or burgundy should sit on this overtuned cityspot of amsterdam until the dutch spawn).

Just some examples for the numbers of ressources some cities have:
- Amsterdam: 8
- Damascus: 7
- Cordoba, Edingburgh: 6
- Venice, Milan, Barcelona, Constantinople, Leon, Epheus, York: 5
- Athenai, London, Tonsberg, Budapest: 4

Just to name some examples. I think reducing the number of ressources would give the game more fun, because you actually want to settle specific spots because you need the ressources they offer and not just because the UHV told you so. I know this would be a rather dramatic change with a big impact on the current gamebalance and i hope the mapmaker is not offended by this proposal, but in my opinion it would improve gameplay.

I would like to hear some opionions about this before spending any time on this. Especially i'm interested in the opionion of the other modders like sedna17, micbic, 3miro and merijnv1.

Personally, I don't like they idea. I would keep the map as it is. (Ofcourse some minor changes can be made, but not a whole revision of the map)

Personally, I don't like they idea. I would keep the map as it is. (Ofcourse some minor changes can be made, but not a whole revision of the map)

Seconded. Its beta stage now, a change of map wouldnt be nice too

Sorry didn't see it. I would disagree, since that requires many other changes.

And BTW, I haven't bought CiV yet. :)

Everyone playing Civ5 i guess or why is noone responding to my suggest anymore?

Well me and merijnv1 replied, so we're nobodys? HAHA

And yes i believe we're mostly playing civ 5 now :D currently it sucks. Bugs everywhere.

I saw it was given a 9 rating on Gamespot. Shouldn't be bad...
You can update it continuously via Steam. I dunno tho if it only works for Steam buyers...

I've been playing it for some hours and it isn't bad, but it isn't so wonderful either as I hoped it would be. Currently, it's just another game but I think it will be patched soon enough. The base however is outstanding, so it will definitely be worth buying in about half a year.

Not sure if someone mentioned this before...

I played as the Franks and got the first two historical goals without a problem...

Then I started building colonies; When I got to six I still didn't have the UHV. I checked the victory screen and it clamied that although I had acheived my colony-building goal, I had not acheived the Great Wonder goal, even though I had the Arch in Paris to prove it!

This drove me alittle nuts as it took me a few starts to figure out how to acheive the first goal (the 8 cities). Did this happen because Cluny Abbey went obsolete before I finished my colonies?

Top Bottom