RFC Europe: Small bugs/fixes

^just curious, why didn't you put it on the shore? I know you weren't aware of Tripoli, Lebanon and it being a decent port and all, but doesn't that overlap like crazy with Dimashq?

Cool. :goodjob:

Is that written down anywhere in the game?

In the python. :p

To be serious, yes, it is also in the civilopedia. Look at the religious overhaul section.

I think I found a bug. The Norse asked me to cancel deals with Hungary and I agreed...

The open borders were cancelled but resource exports remained. :confused:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0065.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0065.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 370
Did you give them that as a "gift" or as part of a peace treaty. This may not be cancelable, some deals cannot be canceled.

Simply as a "gift" as part of my effort of keeping the budget in balance.

Meanwhile I also noticed that I can get access to Timber by building a Fort on it - before researching Replaceable Parts. I suppose that's not intentional?

For some reason, the UHVs for the Norse, the Venetians, and the Franks are triggering way too early; it always shows them as failed before I even get a chance.

Know bug. Exit civilization and start a new game. You have to exit and enter every time you want to start a new game. Will be fixed in Beta 10.

Meanwhile I also noticed that I can get access to Timber by building a Fort on it - before researching Replaceable Parts. I suppose that's not intentional?
It is actually of critical importance to some, Burgundian sulphur in woodland hill, various Byzantine resources, various Norse resources, Venetian stone etc.

If the fort option was taken out the map would need a massive overhaul to balance everything as there is a bunch of resources that would never come into play until in the last 50-100 turns.

It is actually of critical importance to some, Burgundian sulphur in woodland hill, various Byzantine resources, various Norse resources, Venetian stone etc.

If the fort option was taken out the map would need a massive overhaul to balance everything as there is a bunch of resources that would never come into play until in the last 50-100 turns.
I totally agree about the importance of hooking up resources by building a Fort. However, I do find it weird that it's possible to hook up Timber long before researching the tech that provides the appropriate improvement.

I totally agree about the importance of hooking up resources by building a Fort. However, I do find it weird that it's possible to hook up Timber long before researching the tech that provides the appropriate improvement.

We just have to make it so that Timber just doesn't appear until the corresponding tech. The issue is that you can see Timber on turn 1.

Why not just remove forest on strategic resource tiles? Is it because the mining bonus would be too OP for that civ?

I've seen that this hasn't been fixed in the repository yet.

I just looked into ProvinceManager.py because i was curious how the province system actually works and i stumbled upon the following lines:

Code:
def onCityBuilt(self, iPlayer, x, y):
     [...]
     if ( pPlayer.getProvinceType( iProv ) == iProvincePotential ):
           if ( iProv in self.[COLOR="Red"]tPot2NormProvinces[/COLOR][iPlayer] ):
                  pPlayer.setProvinceType( iProv, [COLOR="Red"]iProvinceCore[/COLOR] )
           if ( iProv in self.[COLOR="Red"]tPot2CoreProvinces[/COLOR][iPlayer] ):
                  pPlayer.setProvinceType( iProv, [COLOR="Red"]iProvinceNatural[/COLOR])

i think iProvinceCore and iProvinceNatural got mixed up. It should be the other way round.
Its the same in onCityAcquired !

We just have to make it so that Timber just doesn't appear until the corresponding tech. The issue is that you can see Timber on turn 1.

In my games, I rely on timber before replaceable parts, not just with the fort, but for the hammers. I can't think of particular examples, but I like being able to see timber beforehand. Maybe it made these cities OP, but Milan and Augsburg, I think, bot got good hammer boosts from them.

Two more things.

In stability.py

Code:
def recalcCivicCombos(self, iPlayer):
    [...]
    if ([COLOR="Red"]iCivic3[/COLOR] == xml.iCivicMerchantRepublic):
        if (iCivic1 == xml.iCivicFeudalLaw):
            iCivicCombo -= 4
        if (iCivic3 == xml.iCivicTradeEconomy):
            iCivicCombo += 3

if (iCivic0 == xml.iCivicDivineMonarchy): #Divine Monarchy should have an appropriate religious civic
        if (iCivic4 == xml.[COLOR="Red"]iCivicDivineMonarchy[/COLOR]): #Paganism
	    iCivicCombo -=4

should be iCivic0 instead of iCivic3. MerchantRepublic was moved.
should be iCivicPaganism instead of iCivicDivineMonarchy

Top Bottom