1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFC Germania

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by The Flame8, May 10, 2013.

1. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

Minor civs will likely not have UPs as they are mostly there to fill space IMO

2. Baron03

Baron03 Baron

Mostly from the Grammar of Warfare, but AoE3 helps with names. If that's a question then yes use them in RFCE.

Thank you! A lot easier to add and look over now without guessing.

Nothing wrong with a little creativity for back up or other ideas.

3. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
    I feel stupid now I didn't allow you all to fill in your suggestions, seeing the result is quite effective. (Now almost all civs have an UU, UB, UHV, UP)

If you want, you can also fill in some of the other tabs.
    Especially the historical events (in the timeline tab) needs to be filled up.
    (Think of the Black Death, Siege of Vienna (and other important battles/sieges), invasions ect.)
    Many of these things can be included as an event.

4. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Chieftain

Hm, Hungary won't be playable in the mod?
    When I last checked the map, they had most of their core territory
    Also, Sigismund (King of Hungary between 1387-1437) was HRE Emperor for a couple years

5. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

IIRC, the original idea of Flame was to make them minor. But personally, I think they should be playable.
    If they aren't playable, a very big part of the map will be occupied by only non-playable civs. Which is a waste IMO. Their part on this map is too big to let them be just a minor civ.

6. Baron03

Baron03 Baron

I thought we didn't have to add in UPs or UHVs for the remaining minor civs? (Lithuania, England, Serbia...) Lower Saxony's UP effect was the last one to fill if that's the case.

And Is there a definite split on Protestantism to Lutheranism and Calvinism(reformed)?

7. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Minor civs indeed will not get an UP. But I think not everyone knows that. So they just filled in an UP, assuming they also get one.

8. Baron03

Baron03 Baron

The geography was a little off in the Adriatic and I fixed. You can use the save file to implement them or not.

I tweaked the shore on Eastern Italy by adding a few land tiles and adjusting the rivers a little. One land tile was added south of Trieste and another was as an island. One land tile was changed to coast, and four hills were added near modern Bologna. And the landmarks of Ravenna and Trieste were moved.

Attached Files:

9. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

Hungary was supposed to be minor in my original suggestion.

The HRE idea and the fact that a second look at the map shows that Hungary is a large part of the southeast. It isn't that big of a deal if it is playable so I say why not! If people want Hungary playable than that it shall be!

10. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

I say make it playable!

11. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

That's settled then. And great job with the filling of the google doc guys!

12. constantinople

constantinople not Istanbul

Is this dead? :sad:

13. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

Sadly yes due to my lack of ability to code the more advanced stuff. I'm really sorry, I wanted to complete it but the code stands in the way.

14. srpt

srpt Deist

what do you need to do to keep going? is the current version playable?

15. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

No, it's not playable.

Some of the basics have been coded, but that's it. A lot of things can easily be done, but haven't touched yet, like the region system. That would only take some time.

I think the things that require some more advanced coding are the UHV, UP and some RFCGermania specific things. Most of the others can be done in XML or changing some parameters of the SoI engine.

I don't know what coding capabilities Flame has, but upon the SoI engines, I think we can make a playable version, which only lacks UHV and some UP. All others things we need are already in the SoI engine.

16. srpt

srpt Deist

many UHVs can simply be cut-and-pasted from other RFC mods and modified. this is a great way to learn about python

provinces is easy easy easy, should take 1/2 an hour

settler maps and city name map take no coding ability, only effort

I know how to work with RFCE WBS to python map if you want to do it that way

17. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I know that the region thing is easy. I did make a small start at it. I mentioned it as one of the RFC mechanics we are able to code. Same for the settlermaps.

18. The Flame8

The Flame8 Chieftain

In response to what coding flame has... XML and that's it.

It probably could be playable still if you guys are still willing to help, though I've reached my coding limits I'd still like to help push this along and help if I can...

19. constantinople

constantinople not Istanbul

I could help, I suppose.

20. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I'm still willing to participate. But also my coding abilities are limited to XML, some art work and some very basic python.

However, as this mod is based on the SoI engine, many features can be easily changed in python, without the need to know python very well. The things you need to do are comparable with XML editing.
    (I suggest to look at some of my python changes. You'll see that it's not really coding, but changing values. I was able to do this without any python classes or something. I'm sure you can do that too.)

The only thing we don't have then are the UHV and some UP. But I'm quite sure someone is willing to help us with that.