RFC Germania

I like that idea!

And maybe 400 turns? But aren't they not spaced equally between them? How do I figure that out?

Just make a simple chart.
900 yrs./ 400 turns = 2.25 so you need an average of 2.25 years/turn.

Turn 1 - 800
Turn 2 - 804
etc.

I have no idea. I assume it would be in the python but it could be anywhere.

I would love to help (although I can't really to any file stuff, but I can help in other ways)
On Sweden:

Capital: Stockholm
Spawn Date: ~1134 (King Sverker's unification of Sweden)
Respawn: ~1528 (if not still alive)
Leaders: Eric IX (spawn), Magnus IV (~1319), Gustav Vasa (~1528), Gustav Adolf (~1611)
UU: Karolin - replaces musketmen - just copy from RFCE
UB: whatever it is in RFCE
UP: The Power of the Caroline Absolutism - Units receive +2 exp when at war (?)
OR The Power of the Baltic Sea - sea resources provide an extra +1 :food: and +1 :hammers:
UHV:
1) Control Svealand, Götaland, and Finland by 1250 (end of Second Swedish Crusade)
2) Raze five Catholic cities while being Protestant by 1648 (end of Thirty Year's War)
3) Control Scandinavia and every city on the Baltic Sea in 1721 (end of Great Northern War)

Thank you to you both.

Sweden will mostly be taken from RFCEurope, but I'll use that info too :).

And thanks, I was trying to search my XML files for that.

Aha! I've figured it out!

Anyone good at art? I also need someone to find leader info and their pictures so I can add that to the leaderhead file if they're not in RFCE.

I also need text info for civopedia for each civ along with a list of city names for each civ.

That stuff would help a lot. Also feel free to comment on the UHVs already on the first page and any possible UP.

I'm creating the timeline for 500 turns, does that sound about right?

They'll be more spaced apart at first and get closer together near the end.

I could do some civilopedias.
The only art I'm good at is teamcolor making and button making.

Look at the XML file I put awhile back and try and make colors you think would work well for each of them.

Each civ will also need flags and buttons

If Genoa is in as an unplayable civ, why not Venice too?
Also, I find there really aren't many territorial UHVs in your proposed list, and way too many "Do not lose a city..." UHVs. Can't think of any good ones right now, though.
For the city names, you'll probably want to do something like in SOI, with a base map that everyone uses and cultural translations, seeing as most of the civs (i.e. the German ones) are going to have more or less the exact same city name list.

Sweden will mostly be taken from RFCEurope, but I'll use that info too :).

I also want to point out that (on your spawn list) you said that 1400 would be a good spawn time for Sweden when it most certainly would not. It should be part of the Danish UHV to make the Kalmar Union (which Sweden historically hated). It would be more sensible to place the Swedish spawn earlier to around the date that I said and have the Danes invade ~1400. Which is why there should be a Sweden respawn around 1520.
EDIT: Also, I would like to point out that your (or constantinople's) original UHV's for Sweden are a bit late-game centric. Sure, at least two should deal with the Swedish Empire but one should deal with Sweden pre-Kalmar Union

The UHVs will most likely be changed to more territorial when the map gets set up so I can get a better visual of things, but yes that's probably true.

Interesting proposition with the start time of earlier for Sweden. I was just trying to stop things from being too beginning weighted, but I do see your point.

And out of curiosity, who would represent the Vikings - Denmark? During the Viking Age Sweden should be a multitude of independents.

Denmark will be Vikings. THAT is why I put Sweden spawning later

Also sequence of time:

first 50 turns: 2.5 years
next 200 turns: 2.25 years
final 250 turns: 2 years

I'll start editing spawn dates for more accuracy (and add them to third post)

Except Sweden should probably spawn not long after the introduction of Christianity (when it was somewhat united) rather than during historic Danish rule. If you really wanted Sweden to be late spawning, then ~1520 would be better. I still prefer my original suggestion, though.

Yay! This would also make a potential Danish UHV (create Kalmar Union) harder and more fun. Anything civ-wise I can help with (such as UHV's, UP's, or other uniques)?

Please, fire away with any UHVs that you think hold be edited and any UP ideas!

Also, if you think any other spawn dates are off let me know. (I'm editing them to be more exact in third post now)

Top Bottom