RFC Koreans

In order to give Korea some production, you can always change the UB and make yield some hammers/free engineer. Or then the UP could give one hammer per plantation, that would be unique. Currently the UP seems too weak.

Anyways, I am eager to try it out.:)

I was thinking about something on this line too; +1 hammer for each tile with a resource :)

Not sure how to justify that historically though :p

I feel like something like +1 hammer per resource/plantation/certain building would be the same thing as a permanent production buff that could be adjusted through modifiers. I personally prefer UPs that civs can actively choose to take more or less advantage of. What about something like +production depending on number of buildings in cities?

# buildings --- Production Bonus

2 --- +1
4 --- +2
6 --- +3
8 --- +4
10 --- +5

This won't translate directly into production, but what about something like every 3 population in the Korean capital adds an extra +30% to the capital city defense up until sum total of an extra +150%? That way Korea can build much less military units and instead focus its production towards buildings. Historically this could represent how Korean troops got many victories despite being far outnumbered and how among their people, one of their national past times is the defensive martial art of Taekwondo.

Did you already test your guide on civs that flip cities after their spawn? I'm having trouble in getting Byzantium's flips to work.

Not yet. I'm currently trying to have the Sumerians replace the Babylonians as a starting civ, and have the Babylonians spawn later and take what's left (as the Sumerians should be wiped out by the independents). The Sumerians are working like I want them too, but I'm still struggling with the birth of the Babylonians, and all that comes with it, so maybe I'll find something you could need.

To the Korean UP: Adding extra production for plantations seems a good choice, seeing as they need dye for their UHV. I'll probably change that.

Okay, I'll inform you if I find something in the meantime.

I'm wondering if you could help me with my problem: As you probably know, in the Setup - function in RiseandFall.py, the function create4000BCstartingUnits is activated. From what I gathered, these units are important to not let a human player die at the beginning (mostly because if there aren't any units added for a civilization spawning later than in the first round, you will get the "We've been defeated" message as soon as you start the game).
However, Rhye must have done something to "hide" these units in order to make the late start possible. The trouble is that the Babylonians, which should spawn later, begin now in the first round with this starting units, so I'm guessing I need to add them somewhere else to make sure that their 4000BC starting units are hidden as well as the others, but I can't find the appropriate function, neither in the python files or in the SDK.

I'm afraid that this is among those things that also still mystify me.

From what I've seen in the SDK, those starting units are not hidden, but get killed after the game has started (they seem to be only there to get the autoplay started before the defeat message comes). Search for "AIautoplay" in CvGame.cpp to see the related methods. But I still don't know how everything fits together, which apparently is the reason for my struggle with Byzantium's spawn.

Exactly.

Thanks, I was able to figure it out now.

Usually, all cities in a civ's core area will flip after it spawns, but if you could give me more details, I might be able to help you further.

Okay, so I've already managed to add the Byzantines and make them spawn 2S, 1E from Constantinople (to avoid that it gets razed until I find a way around it). After that, I can wait as long as I want to, their core (defined with the Albanian copper and the northern dye in the Levant as limits) doesn't flip to them.

Even after I've manually added a convertSurroundingCities() and convertSurroundingPlotCulture() call for Byzantium at the beginning of initBirth(), nothing happens, which led me to assume something's severely wrong there.

If you want to access my subversion repository with the current version, you can do so at "https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/Dawn_of_Civilization/".

I Byzantium already implemented in the newest downloadable version? If so, I'd like to download it so I can access the files directly.

No, it's only at the SVN. I'd like to get their flip working until I release it.

But now it seems that I've mixed up the Core TL and BR coordinates. I'm currently testing if that fixes everything.

Edit: Looks like it does :D

Top Bottom