RFC: Rise of Capitalist America

Alexandertheg8

Chieftain
A new nation was forged from the shackles of taxation without representation. It was forged on the idea that all markets are created free by god, now some "experts" have said that god didn't create markets, but that they evolved overtime with the help of man.

The sequel to rise of the soviet union.http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=425097 is finally here!

To begin with my goals will be
-Historic victory. I will aim for it, but it is no big deal if i don't get it.
-Trying to emulate american history. So no early invasion of Europe. (I will break this to take over Canada, to achieve the first goal)
-Later I must police the world. This means if a European nation looks ready to take another one over i will intervene.

The narrator will be satirical `a la colbert. But the president at the time may narate as well.

Now i have i choice. I ran a lot of different starts to get the one that looked the most historical. I got a viceroy one that has Spanish and British carribean. Spanish mexico and (this is really good) spanish texas (san antonio) and california (San franscico) and the southwest (las vegas 1 south of salt lake). British Savanah, New york, Boston, Toronto. Plus French Quebec and Acadia. Europe is normal. The only odditity is Chinese tucume, but i will live with it.

However i also have a monarch game i played as the british. In that one i emulated the british empire with india, guyana, south africa, ghana, australia, new zealand, papua new guinea, singapore and New york, Toronto and Halifax. Plus spain settled Saint Augustine (On the same tile as savanah)
Option 1:

Option 2:

The main problem with the first start is that it is viceroy and i am afraid that it will be too easy. The autoplays i did on monarch all resulted in mega spain and mega germany (I got a mega persia once. India , all the way to mexico in 1775) And france did not exist.

The second one is monarch, i used wb to give myself extra settlers to colonized. As england i had to assisted france against spain early on and had to give germany berlin back after they collasped (wb) to maintain order in europe. However i do not have any pictures of me playing the british empire before the american spawn. Both games would begin the story in 1775

Monarch and good luck. I just love the randomness that other civs can do before America spawns.

The second one is monarch, i used wb to give myself extra settlers to colonized. As england i had to assisted france against spain early on and had to give germany berlin back after they collasped (wb) to maintain order in europe

Do this one.

I'll side with the majority; monarch it is.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but i don't have pictures of the the world in option 2 before 1733. The story in both would start with 1775. The viceroy world is really perfect for a historical game. ALthough i did not like all the city placement of the quebec cities and toronto. The rest of the world is perfect as i could flip san antonio with denver culture, or a congress(Texas republic splitting from mexico to join america) and then it would lead to war where i take the rest of the west. ALthough i could give the aztec cities with world builder to emulate the same thing. The largest downside i see is that the AI will decide my starting civics in the monarch game becasue the ai will play the first turn.

On the subject of civics, i am debating wether i would start with slavery or emancipation. I can't exactly have a civil war because i can't decide what cities i loose in collapse, and collasping is difficult to do on purpose.

and collasping is difficult to do on purpose.
Then try playing to win; if you are anything like me you will collapse plenty of times. Best of luck.

On the subject of civics, i am debating wether i would start with slavery or emancipation. I can't exactly have a civil war because i can't decide what cities i loose in collapse, and collasping is difficult to do on purpose.

You should start with emancipation in that case.

are you going to be doing this alongside the Soviet Union one; or is that now finished?

Sorry for the long wait. Rise of the Soviet union is finished because i no longer have the save of that game.

Between 1733 and 1778 I changed the world so that I would have a more historic play through. I gave france brazil ( I don’t have Portugal in vanilla) and spain more colonies. I gave the Aztec the Mexican lands. Also Germany didn’t make it. Therefore this is the world I will be playing in, On Monarch.

“For many years the people of the 13 colonies suffered under the tyranny of taxation without representation. Taxes on tea were the most back-breaking. In 1775 the patriots rose up against their British overlords and sacrificed their leaves! Tea leaves. They were dumped into New York harbour in an event know of the New York Tea Party. Yes that is where the group that fights the evils of taxation WITH representation got its name. The patriots led by General George Bus- Washington!! Wore Indian costumes, but were forced to leave New York when a British patrol discovered that the Indians dumping tea in the harbour weren’t actually Indians.”

“The group set up a capital and Gen. Washington named it after himself to honor what a great guy he was, and humble to boot! The others, such as Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, quickly got to work crafting a constitution for the new nation.”

“The constitution guaranteed the people freedom of expression, religion, and speech. Everyone man was born equal and the markets were to remain free. The constitution also guaranteed no taxation without representation.”

“Colonist from across the country rose up in support of the American revolution. By 1784 the 13 colonies had been liberated. But it was time to spread democracy to those that chose not to join us. Canada will thank us one day.”

“In 1788 the first elections were held. Representatives from all over the country were elected. The president was elected through the use of the Electoral College, who voted in Gen. Washington as our first president.”

Looks good so far.

It's good that the french aren't to your direct west, although the Spaniards might make some trouble. Did the Spanish vassalize the Aztecs? I would assume someone has, just judging by their name.

"Aztec Alliance" means an independent Azteca.

When is the next update coming?

Why is New York so dang big? 20 citizens compared to 6 for Tenochtitlan/Mexico City is way way out of proportion. The Americans' advantage in RL was a freer society that allowed for innovation & entreprenurial initiative (which I'd reckon the civics traits are supposed to cover). But Mexico/New Spain had a significantly bigger population than the English speaking parts of North America.

Still, it looks like this will be an interesting story, seeing how close the game comes to the history.

Why is New York so dang big? 20 citizens compared to 6 for Tenochtitlan/Mexico City is way way out of proportion. The Americans' advantage in RL was a freer society that allowed for innovation & entreprenurial initiative (which I'd reckon the civics traits are supposed to cover). But Mexico/New Spain had a significantly bigger population than the English speaking parts of North America.

Still, it looks like this will be an interesting story, seeing how close the game comes to the history.
your not going to get picture perfect.

Top Bottom