RFCE 1.3 Playtest Feedback

The Pope is willing to adopt Paganism.

Attachments

• Pagan_Pope0000.JPG
    Pagan_Pope0000.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 89
Thanks, Pope is fixed!
Also added a new rule that fresh born civs cannot trade cities in the first 5 turns.
This is to prevent the exploit where you gift away one of your cities on turn one, right before the flip. It will flip back to you, but the new owner will most likely declare war on you, which results in some additional units for you.
Tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't see any negative points to this rule, probably this won't affect the game if you won't go specifically for this exploit.

version is 1.3

Unfortunately I have no clue what makes the game quit on me (at the end of this turn/before being able to start a new turn).

Attachments

• Novgorod to Lithuania AD-1200 Turn 200 k was built.CivBeyondSwordSave
    747.2 KB · Views: 92
Unfortunately I have no clue what makes the game quit on me (at the end of this turn/before being able to start a new turn).

Which version do you play with?
I cannot run the game with my current version, so I presume it's something older.
Maybe 1.3, or 1.3.1?

It is 1.3. If this is a problem specifically for this version and no quick fix is available, then too bad for me.

I've already installed the latest SVN-version so my future problems might make better feedback. (I kept the old version and the saves around for if I get lucky and a workaround/fix is found)

Nevertheless thank you for your time and effort.

Good news everyone, I performed the same shenanigans as I did with the savegame I posted twice with the latest SVN-version and no civexeting bugs were encountered. Byzantium was captured by barbarians during autoplay so I guess it weren't completely standard games I played.

Great news!
But probably it's wise if I upload a fix for the CTD for 1.3, even if 1.4 will be released soon.

Sometimes, especially after loading a save, the name of eras changes to the old system. For example when I enter high middle ages I see a message "you have entered the classical era".

Sometimes, especially after loading a save, the name of eras changes to the old system. For example when I enter high middle ages I see a message "you have entered the classical era".

That's probably an issue with text loading order. At least I have no other ideas, if it works correctly most times.
Haven't even noticed it myself, but it might be solved if the text_key names are renamed to something entirely different, so they do not share the same one with base BtS.

Is the +1 :health: with rice of the Folwark and the Noria intended? The Granary doesn't have it.

Probably not.
Thanks, will look into it.

Is the city liberation diplomatic bonus gone? I got no bonus for liberating a city upon conquest.
Was it on conquest of the city, or through diplomacy?
I razed a city and then founded a city nearby with strange cultural borders.
Yeah, cultural borders tend to change strangely sometimes
It did become normal after a couple turns (or at the first cultural threshold), right?

Something happened what for Merijin will outrage :D

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

I played a testgamewith germany, test included new city spots in italy, so I built Pavia and later i let it to flip to genoa. Thus they captal being Nassa instead of Zena!!!

Why would it outrage me? :confused::crazyeye:

I know that it can look I'm a huge fan of historical gameplay, but I do also like alternative outcomes really much. (As long as it doesn't happen too often and most games follow a semi historical path ;))

That's probably an issue with text loading order. At least I have no other ideas, if it works correctly most times.
Haven't even noticed it myself, but it might be solved if the text_key names are renamed to something entirely different, so they do not share the same one with base BtS.

Found the cause and fixed it.

Something happened what for Merijin will outrage :D

View attachment 408151

I played a testgamewith germany, test included new city spots in italy, so I built Pavia and later i let it to flip to genoa. Thus they captal being Nassa instead of Zena!!!

I find this as a perfectly good reaction from the AI to your trolling :lol:
Also, why would it outrage merijn? Why him of all the people posting here? AFAIK he didn't say anything about city spot preferences, certainly not recently.
It was DC123456789 a couple days ago who said he prefers that the most important cities are founded in most games.

EDIT: crosspost with merijn :lol:

Top Bottom