1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

RFCEurope 1.1

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: Europe' started by AbsintheRed, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Pieboy12343

Pieboy12343 Chieftain

xD
    The game works just fine, I don't need that patch. I've also downloaded a civ before and it worked.
    K, thanks, I'll check the wbs file and re-download the thing. But not now, later I'll tell you if it worked.

2. Pieboy12343

Pieboy12343 Chieftain

Well... nope.avi -.-
    It closes the game when I open the mod -.-
    I just thought of this, can you take a few screenshots of exactly where it is on your computer? Here are mine.

Attached Files:

3. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Yes, you do need the patch. If you downloaded a single civs, it's possible that the game still worked because none of the things changed in the patch were changed for that new civ. But the mods do require the 3.19 patch.

The screenshots seem to be right. The fact that you use an older version of Civ is very likely the cause of the problems.

4. Pieboy12343

Pieboy12343 Chieftain

You clearly didn't read the earlier comment I wrote. I DO have the patch, but I got it by yar-ing it, along with the game too. :mischief:

5. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

It's strange that neither the .wbs nor the shortcut have a icon of Beyond the Sword like they should. Like it doesn't recognize the file or like it's not related to BtS. Are you sure you yarped it correctly? Does it work if you right click on the not-existing icon and 'open with' BtS?

6. Pieboy12343

Pieboy12343 Chieftain

Now that you mention it, yeah that is strange.
    I tried right clicking, but that took me to the normal menu without any mod, so that wouldn't work anyway.
    Yeah I did yar it correctly, my brother helped me with it too. Maybe downloaded mods don't work on yarred versions? Idk, I'll try getting a random mod and see :D

7. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

They do, though I should tell you they shouldn't and you should buy the game. No, for some reason something is broken. As it's not clearly visible what exactly, a fresh install is recommended. Game, patch, mod.

8. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

Especially since it costs (I've checked) 12,50 euros nowadays (so ~10$), really cheap.

9. PinkPallin

PinkPallin Warlord Supporter

Hey, 1 Euro is about 1.30 US Dollars. :D
    Anyway, you can download it from Amazon at 14.99.

10. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

Oups, I converted on the wrong side... Anyway, since things are usually cheaper in $'s, you can probably get it for less than 15$ if you do a bit of research.

11. Pieboy12343

Pieboy12343 Chieftain

Look, I'm a 13 year old NOT allowed to play on the computer (even though I have my own laptop -.-), so I can't exactly buy it. I would buy it in the first place, but oh well :(
    Looks like no mod for me. :(
    Thx everyone for helping.

12. Panopticon

Panopticon Utilitarian

Great mod. It is in a really good state now compared to the early builds, which were themselves very enjoyable.

I would suggest that George III be given Victoria's diplomatic music. That is the extent of my contribution.

13. Barratt_87

Barratt_87 Chieftain

Pieboy,
    Try unzipping the mod to your downloads folder first and then cut and paste into your mods folder. That is often a problem people seem to have. hope it helps

14. Pieboy12343

Pieboy12343 Chieftain

That's what I did in the first place, it didn't work.

15. Spirictum

Spirictum Immortal

Well, my advice for you is: Do in the windows-fashioned way -> Remove and re-install it. Like wessel said try using the patch from civfanatics.

16. Pieboy12343

Pieboy12343 Chieftain

I have the yarred version, my Civ won't work with that patch.

17. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

Then you don't have the correctly yarred version because I'm very sure a yarred version works with that patch. I have it on my laptop since I didn't have time to go home to search the cd to install it.

18. steampunk1880

steampunk1880 Prince

You guys did such a good job with the music in the early and high middle ages. Too good. I dread entering the last half of the game cause the vanilla medieval and renaissance music seems so boring now in comparison. Are there any plans to spruce late game music up as well?

19. AbsintheRed

AbsintheRed Deity

Yes, I plan to add more music to the mod
    Also separate the already added ones, be even more era-specific
    Do you think some of them would suit the late game too?

20. rfcfanatic

rfcfanatic Mercantilist

I'd like to report a minor bug. The error message appears at the top of the screenshot between spoiler tags:

Spoiler :

It also happened earlier on some kind of worker action which I don't remember, but I was able to reproduce the bug by ordering a missionary to spread Catholicism.

I guess it's somehow related to unit speech, but it's really minor and doesn't have any effect on overall gameplay at all :) I haven't encountered it with other civilizations besides Venice.