• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rhye's and Fall of Europe: Starting Information

OK, just updated to version 1.5, everything looks great, except that now I have managed to lose the diplomacy links down on the bottom right side of the screen. How does that happen? Earlier when I was in the midst of gameplay, I lost the diplomacy links and the technology bar progress at the top of the screen also. Anybody know what might cause this?

Does your own civ shows, or that's gone too?

Shot in the dark here- is it because the scoreboard is turned off? Try hitting the icon... uhh, I'm away from my game, but I think it's the checkmark one- and see if your and/or everybody's score/info pops back up.

Or you may be talking about something completely different, sorry. And that icon shouldn't do anything to your tech bar, either... :dunno:

This one.
toggle.png

Where do we actually unzip the file? I have tried it in Mods, Inside RFC and in RFC Public maps. Which is right? (Or is it something else)

Where do we actually unzip the file? I have tried it in Mods, Inside RFC and in RFC Public maps. Which is right? (Or is it something else)
Under Mods.
The files should go: Your BtS installation directory\Mods\RFCEurope
(Make sure that there are no duplicate RFCE folders, so the scenario file path is: Mods\RFCEurope\PrivateMaps\RFCEurope 500AD.CivBeyondSwordWBSave)
It's also important, that the mod is in your actual Civ IV/BtS installation directory, not the one under Documents or Users folder.

Thank you. I will try that. Will the path be Sid meiers...4beyondthesword/beyondthesword/Mods or the earlier mod folder?

Actually no luck so far. I have done as you said, but the maps 500AD and 1200AD are not appearing in scenarios. Also, if I load the mod manually, it seems to stay as default.

Is this a problem with my placement, or my download?
I may try redownloading it.

(This is the file path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFCEurope_1.5)

No luck with that. Inside the RFCEurope_1.5 folder, there is the .ini, the .bak and a RFCEurope folder. Should I try moving this into Mods instead?
(When loading the 1.5, I just get default, even with the name change)

No luck with that. Inside the RFCEurope_1.5 folder, there is the .ini, the .bak and a RFCEurope folder. Should I try moving this into Mods instead?
(When loading the 1.5, I just get default, even with the name change)
Yeah, definitely move it out. There shouldn't be 2 RFCEurope folders inside each other.
The outer one is most likely there because of the unzipping.
You can start RFCE with the scenario file, if the mod is in the correct place.
Make sure that there are no duplicate RFCE folders, so the scenario file path is: Mods\RFCEurope\PrivateMaps\RFCEurope 500AD.CivBeyondSwordWBSave

Last edited:
Actually I'm not sure why do you have a .bak file, so there might be another problem as well.
Are you sure you downloaded the correct file?
If it's still not working after moving out the RFCEurope folder directly to Mods, you should try dl-ing it again:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/rfceurope/files/
The one you can grab from here should only have a single RFCEurope folder inside the .zip file.
You have to move that folder into Mods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom