1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BNW] Rhye's Catapult 2020-06-02

Rhye's and Fall for Civ5

1. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

I'm a little lost installing the mod to be honest. Probably this is because, apart from Vox Populi, this is the first mod I tried to install for Civ 5. In Civ 4, I used to just extract the mod, then load the mod from the main menu (or directly from the WBS), and then the game restarts and everything configures automatically. Now, after installing everything in the folder Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5, the mod folder being named MODS\Rhye's Catapult (v 32), I load the game, enable the mod and... nothing happens. I have no idea how to even get to the mod's starting screen . :confused: When I click Set up game and load a game, everything appears to be plain Civ 5: random starting location on the mod's earth map, 4000BC. Any help?

EDIT: never mind, figured it out.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  2. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

I'm running into the same trouble as V. Soma though. Despite moving all other mod folders to a different location, all civs except for the initial result in a direct CtD. Log included. I also get the Barbarian horseman not found...

Attached Files:

3. SimontheOctagon

SimontheOctagon Chieftain

Mmmmm, I have this same problem also - all researched techs showing as one turn away on reload. As a workaround if anyone else has same issue, I've just installed the In Game Editor from steam which lets you cheat by clicking on a tech to instantly research it. Cheers

4. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I made a quick fix to the scout and tech tree problems.

However, I could not find how to change the download link to the file.
    Can anybody tell me?
    Otherwise the link here won't work.
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/rhyes-catapult.28349/

this is the direct link to the file
    rhye.civfanatics.net/civ5/Catapult(v33).zip

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    MAHRana likes this.
  5. th3f00l

th3f00l Chieftain

Hi, how can I download the mod? I click in the link then the redirect me to another page where I cannot find the download button.

6. bc1

bc1

You need to be logged in, and a "post resource update" button appears on the resource page:
    upload_2020-6-3_12-33-57.png
    you can also assing the resource to this thread for user convenience, using the resource tools in the right hand panel (which also has a "post resource update" button)
    upload_2020-6-3_12-37-16.png

7. MAHRana

MAHRana Prince

Just tried it out, works very well but later game saves crash the game (for me)

8. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Please send me the savegames that crash. They're gold!

9. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Emperor

A couple odd I noted:
    • The buttons for choosing a research on the bottom right (both the text button and the symbol) do not seem to work. I can only select research in the top left corner. Save for Egyptian start included.
    • I cannot select Babylonia as a civ to play, yet it exists as an AI only civ.
    • Something even stranger: when I first loaded an India start, I could promote the settler to some things and the icon for constructing a city was removed (still possible though, by clicking on a book icon). However, after I tried to reconstruct this from the same save file and by loading a new start, the issue disappeared. No idea what's going on there, but perhaps it's a cache thingy...

Attached Files:

10. Ballazic

Ballazic King

Great mod. Really exciting.

One suggestion (I'm sure I'll think of more): is it possible to have a cordoba city state for the spanish?

11. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

when I click edit resource it does not let me update the link. I can only change title and description.

12. TheFirstOfHisName

TheFirstOfHisName Chieftain

so the tech tree works good now after I loaded my saved game, however when I went to found a new city, my population started at 1 and I didn't have any buildings in my new city at all even though I was playing as the English.

13. bc1

bc1

that's because you should click on "Post Resource Update" :D
    also you should link the resouce to this thread, using "Reassign Resource to Different Thread" (this thread number is 657017)

14. TheFirstOfHisName

TheFirstOfHisName Chieftain

For those of you that are still having problems with the game crashing to desktop when you choose a certain civ, i suggest the following steps because they've worked for me:
    1) Exit out of game
    2) Go to the MODS folder (or wherever the mod is located) and DELETE IT
    3) paste a new copy of the mod in the same folder OR reinstall the mod
    4) Start the game

from here on you should be good. however I should also note that you might have to do this everytime you might want to play as a different civilization.

15. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Please try this new version and let me know if you still have the crashes
    rhye.civfanatics.net/civ5/Catapult(v34).zip
    It should be compatible with EUI, hopefully, now.

Regarding the workers, I found out that they work if you save and load the game. Otherwise they don't.
    Weird, but for now please save and load.

Crimean Lord and mateyson like this.
  16. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

there are already Barcelona and Cadiz as city states

17. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

thanks. It works for me.
    Pleast try with v34

18. MAHRana

MAHRana Prince

Here's one (V33)! Couldn't test the game so much but so far Arabia games have consistently crashed the game. The XML description for the civs in the game start are replaced with "Insert RFC Dawn of Man text here" or something as well. India starts worked fine for me though.

I have to say it's the first time in years I'm as excited to play civ again :c5happy: thanks!
    You think it's in principle convertable to a Civ VI mod as well?

Attached Files:

19. The Immortal

The Immortal Forever Young

Playing Japan, game's been bugless for me so far. Rome collapsed, The Eternal City is owned by barbarians. Is it intended or something went wrong?

MAHRana likes this.
  20. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

Very nice, please post screenshots