Resource icon

[BNW] Rhye's Catapult 2020-06-02

Here's one (V33)! Couldn't test the game so much but so far Arabia games have consistently crashed the game. The XML description for the civs in the game start are replaced with "Insert RFC Dawn of Man text here" or something as well. India starts worked fine for me though.

I have to say it's the first time in years I'm as excited to play civ again :c5happy: thanks!
You think it's in principle convertable to a Civ VI mod as well?

it says i can't open the savegame because i don't have all mods installed.
Please disable all mods and update to v34 before starting a new game

New update seems to have fixed it:

Attachments

• Arabia.png
    Arabia.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 195
I don't know if everyone else is having the same problem but when I load a saved game, all the techs seem to require way more turns to research than before. For instance if i save a game where I have "10 turns" left for compass and re-load that same game that i saved, it will say that i have like "29 turns" left for compass instead of the "10 turns".

Please try this new version and let me know if you still have the crashes
rhye.civfanatics.net/civ5/Catapult(v34).zip

Well, for me still crashes (v34)...
I deleted ALL other mods, I even unsubscribed from them all in Steam workshop. I verified files integrity in Steam (and downloaded the missing 3 files).
Then I loaded up the game with only Rhye's.
When trying to start, game says loading, then there's a black blink of the screen, then some more loading and then crash to desktop...

EDIT: I still CAN start with civs that start at turn 0

Last edited:
I tried reinstall of civ5 - no help...

Is there anyone here who installed civ5 NOT at the default folder AND can start all civs of the mod?

Last edited:
some info: after crash, I check ModUserData folder and see these two files:

- df3333a4-44be-4fc3-9143-21706ff451d5-1
- Enhanced User Interface Options-1

Is this OK? I have only Rhy's Catapult as mod in the ...Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder

Rome has fallen... to the Babylonians

Also, are the cities not healing an intended feature? I have seen cities that remain at 0 HP without recovering

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 2.01.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 2.01.37 PM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 170
YES! I did it! Now it starts OK! :D

I followed this guide to clear issues with steam - I had to go through all 4 to-do points - and now it WORKS! :)
It is about time to get some gameplay with Rome...

I will try it together with Community Patch - will come back to report if it is OK

How many settlers does Rome start with? I founded Rome, saved the game, loaded and now have another settler in Rome...
I don't remember having it at start...

turn 94: A gaitling gun unit appears in Rome... (I delete unit, made save before)

EDIT-1

turn 95: Settler, 2 legions, archer, worker and working boat appears in Rome

Playing the Rome game I see some part of the map, 8-10 tiles, revealed in India (?) though when I bring mouse over the tiles it doesn't say any city or nation info

for me, settler unit cannot build city - has no button, "b" key does nothing
(can it be beacuse of EUI mod?)

turn 94: A gaitling gun unit appears in Rome... (I delete unit, made save before)

EDIT-1

turn 95: Settler, 2 legions, archer, worker and working boat appears in Rome

two units appear at start. Additional units are placed (and city flips) the turn after. But of course, no gaitling gun.
If the xml of the units you're using is different from the mod's, these thing will happen.

YES! I did it! Now it starts OK! :D

I followed this guide to clear issues with steam - I had to go through all 4 to-do points - and now it WORKS! :)
It is about time to get some gameplay with Rome...

I will try it together with Community Patch - will come back to report if it is OK

Same here, thanks a lot! To be more specific, I tried 1 (no repairs) and then 4, since I prefer not to mess around with my Firewall and Boot settings and 4 seems the least harmful. Luckily, reinstalling Steam did the trick.

Also, I can see the Civ icons now in the pick civ screen, so it may have solved more issues.

Sounds still too many weird glitches that I have never seen.
Please try it without any additional mod/dlc/patch, and jsut activate all the standard dlc and expansions, because otherwise I can't guess what is causing your troubles.
OK, I understand...
Now I have only Community Patch and Rhy's and EUI - and so far settlers and everything is OK

Some screenshots from my campaign. China was doing well, but suddenly collapsed for no reason.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 161
  • 2.png
    2.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 201
  • 3.png
    3.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 200
Top Bottom