Resource icon

[BNW] Rhye's Catapult 2020-06-02

I'm a little lost installing the mod to be honest. Probably this is because, apart from Vox Populi, this is the first mod I tried to install for Civ 5. In Civ 4, I used to just extract the mod, then load the mod from the main menu (or directly from the WBS), and then the game restarts and everything configures automatically. Now, after installing everything in the folder Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5, the mod folder being named MODS\Rhye's Catapult (v 32), I load the game, enable the mod and... nothing happens. I have no idea how to even get to the mod's starting screen . :confused: When I click Set up game and load a game, everything appears to be plain Civ 5: random starting location on the mod's earth map, 4000BC. Any help?

EDIT: never mind, figured it out.

Last edited:
I'm running into the same trouble as V. Soma though. Despite moving all other mod folders to a different location, all civs except for the initial result in a direct CtD. Log included. I also get the Barbarian horseman not found...

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    25.6 KB · Views: 45
i dont have the game crashing.
But when i play the game and load a save i made ( because i really suck at civ 5 ) all the techs dissapear and then I can research the ones i had in 1 turn.
does it have something to do with techtree.lua whatever that is?
Mmmmm, I have this same problem also - all researched techs showing as one turn away on reload. As a workaround if anyone else has same issue, I've just installed the In Game Editor from steam which lets you cheat by clicking on a tech to instantly research it. Cheers

I made a quick fix to the scout and tech tree problems.

However, I could not find how to change the download link to the file.
Can anybody tell me?
Otherwise the link here won't work.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/rhyes-catapult.28349/

this is the direct link to the file
rhye.civfanatics.net/civ5/Catapult(v33).zip

Last edited:
Hi, how can I download the mod? I click in the link then the redirect me to another page where I cannot find the download button.

However, I could not find how to change the download link to the file. Can anybody tell me?
You need to be logged in, and a "post resource update" button appears on the resource page:
upload_2020-6-3_12-33-57.png

you can also assing the resource to this thread for user convenience, using the resource tools in the right hand panel (which also has a "post resource update" button)
upload_2020-6-3_12-37-16.png

Just tried it out, works very well but later game saves crash the game (for me)

A couple odd I noted:
  • The buttons for choosing a research on the bottom right (both the text button and the symbol) do not seem to work. I can only select research in the top left corner. Save for Egyptian start included.
  • I cannot select Babylonia as a civ to play, yet it exists as an AI only civ.
  • Something even stranger: when I first loaded an India start, I could promote the settler to some things and the icon for constructing a city was removed (still possible though, by clicking on a book icon). However, after I tried to reconstruct this from the same save file and by loading a new start, the issue disappeared. No idea what's going on there, but perhaps it's a cache thingy...

Attachments

• Rhye's catapult v33 Egypt start.Civ5Save
    710.9 KB · Views: 80
Great mod. Really exciting.

One suggestion (I'm sure I'll think of more): is it possible to have a cordoba city state for the spanish?

You need to be logged in, and a "post resource update" button appears on the resource page:
View attachment 558362
you can also assing the resource to this thread for user convenience, using the resource tools in the right hand panel (which also has a "post resource update" button)
View attachment 558363

when I click edit resource it does not let me update the link. I can only change title and description.

I made a quick fix to the scout and tech tree problems.

However, I could not find how to change the download link to the file.
Can anybody tell me?
Otherwise the link here won't work.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/rhyes-catapult.28349/

this is the direct link to the file
rhye.civfanatics.net/civ5/Catapult(v33).zip

so the tech tree works good now after I loaded my saved game, however when I went to found a new city, my population started at 1 and I didn't have any buildings in my new city at all even though I was playing as the English.

For those of you that are still having problems with the game crashing to desktop when you choose a certain civ, i suggest the following steps because they've worked for me:
1) Exit out of game
2) Go to the MODS folder (or wherever the mod is located) and DELETE IT
3) paste a new copy of the mod in the same folder OR reinstall the mod
4) Start the game

from here on you should be good. however I should also note that you might have to do this everytime you might want to play as a different civilization.

Please try this new version and let me know if you still have the crashes
rhye.civfanatics.net/civ5/Catapult(v34).zip
It should be compatible with EUI, hopefully, now.

Regarding the workers, I found out that they work if you save and load the game. Otherwise they don't.
Weird, but for now please save and load.

A couple odd I noted:
  • The buttons for choosing a research on the bottom right (both the text button and the symbol) do not seem to work. I can only select research in the top left corner. Save for Egyptian start included.
  • I cannot select Babylonia as a civ to play, yet it exists as an AI only civ.
  • Something even stranger: when I first loaded an India start, I could promote the settler to some things and the icon for constructing a city was removed (still possible though, by clicking on a book icon). However, after I tried to reconstruct this from the same save file and by loading a new start, the issue disappeared. No idea what's going on there, but perhaps it's a cache thingy...

thanks. It works for me.
Pleast try with v34

Please send me the savegames that crash. They're gold!

Here's one (V33)! Couldn't test the game so much but so far Arabia games have consistently crashed the game. The XML description for the civs in the game start are replaced with "Insert RFC Dawn of Man text here" or something as well. India starts worked fine for me though.

I have to say it's the first time in years I'm as excited to play civ again :c5happy: thanks!
You think it's in principle convertable to a Civ VI mod as well?

Attachments

• Harun al-Rashid_0211 AD-0620.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
Playing Japan, game's been bugless for me so far. Rome collapsed, The Eternal City is owned by barbarians. Is it intended or something went wrong?

Top Bottom