Resource icon

[BNW] Rhye's Catapult 2020-06-02

I would hate to be that guy but...
I never really played Civ V because I could never for the life of me get mods to work, and its the same Rhyes :(. Its in my mod folder, I enabled the mod but the mod was not really there, everything was like a vanilla game. No world map, all default civilizations. I have a windows 10, Steam version, the mods went into the my games folder is this the problem?

The only time I ever had a problem was the first time I played the game, when I selected the Mods, then clicked "Back", which is like cancelling what you have done. After that I realised you have to activate the mods, then choose "Single Player" or "Set Up Game" or whatever it is (I can't remember the sequence of loading screens). But I suppose you might have something installed on your system that is interfering. The mods are in the My Games folder on my computer. The path is My Games -> Sid Meier's Civilization 5 -> MODS

You unzip the file right? Do the mods you download in-game thru the workshop work?

I have a question is this as hard as rhyes and fall dawn of civilization? I remember playing as china and always falling behind in tech by the time the industrial era starts.

I played one game as babylon. It was fun, their civ bonus is extremely powerfull. Here are some points:
1 When the arabs spawned they flipped my southern city wich was at the end of the tigris and euphrates. I declared war on them and easily took all of their cities. Maybe there could be a system of some of your troops joining their side like in civ 4.
2 i think this was only in the modmod dawn of civilization, but could there be some kind of overlay to tell the player where his core is where he can settle? I was pretty surpised that city flipped because i thought that was my historical land.
3 I lost an egyptian city due to stability, is there any info screen where you can check your stability?
4 I didt try the later civs yet, but arent they at a big disadvantage because all the religions are already founded?
5 I also had the bug mentioned by others where the cities health didnt recover

Today i loaded an England game i started before. after 1 turn suddenly all my cities finished their building and the next item also takes only 1 turn. Also my next tech is only 1 turn away while last turn it took alot more. this must be a bug right?

I played one game as babylon. It was fun, their civ bonus is extremely powerfull. Here are some points:
1 When the arabs spawned they flipped my southern city wich was at the end of the tigris and euphrates. I declared war on them and easily took all of their cities. Maybe there could be a system of some of your troops joining their side like in civ 4.
2 i think this was only in the modmod dawn of civilization, but could there be some kind of overlay to tell the player where his core is where he can settle? I was pretty surpised that city flipped because i thought that was my historical land.
3 I lost an egyptian city due to stability, is there any info screen where you can check your stability?
4 I didt try the later civs yet, but arent they at a big disadvantage because all the religions are already founded?
5 I also had the bug mentioned by others where the cities health didnt recover

Yes, besides bugs, many features have still to be implemented

First of all, I've enjoyed a very fun game as Carthage. One bug I've encountered that's slightly annoying is barbarian territory "left overs" after conquest (see screenshot below).

What happened is that a city state (Timbuktu) spawned right on a crossroads I had built between my northern and southern cities. I conquered it pretty easily, but it became barbarian just a couple of turns later. After I re-conquered the city there was two barbarian territory tiles left. They're taking two of my ivory resources, which is pretty annoying. What is more annoying is that those two tiles were part of Utica before Timbuktu spawned.

I can't belive the myth, the legend, Rhys has actually returned! I am bit disheartened to see that ther eis no Civ 6 version (as I no longer play Civ 5), primarily because Civ 5 simply doesn't suppoort mods ands scenarios in hotseat, which is my favorite way to play! But this is amazing and welcome back!

After finishing my Phoenica/Carthage game, there's one thing that really stuck out, and that was the lack of strategic resources. There should perhaps be a higher quantity of resources in each location instead of just one. Other than that it was very enjoyable :D Looking forward to the future updates.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that the AI has a very unhealthy tendency to raze 90% of the cities they conquer. Not sure if this is as intended or not.

After finishing my Phoenica/Carthage game, there's one thing that really stuck out, and that was the lack of strategic resources. There should perhaps be a higher quantity of resources in each location instead of just one. Other than that it was very enjoyable :D Looking forward to the future updates.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that the AI has a very unhealthy tendency to raze 90% of the cities they conquer. Not sure if this is as intended or not.

thanks for the report.
The lack of resources will be fixed.

Tendency to raze, I think it's maybe around 20%? But I haven't actually touched it.

thanks for the report.
The lack of resources will be fixed.

Tendency to raze, I think it's maybe around 20%? But I haven't actually touched it.

Aight. Might just be having an "unlucky" game. It was more like 20% of the time the captured cities were *not* razed. Unless it was a city state previously. But to think of it, it might have been especially big chance of razing if the city was first turned barbarian and then recaptured? India for example was leading in score for a long time, but collapsed around 1200s I think. Most of the cities became barbarian, and by the end of the game all the indian cities had been razed by the AI invading.

Oh my god, I can't believe it. My primetime as a modder came and went while you were gone, and I just happened to get the itch to make some mods again like last week.

Really excited to check this out, I haven't been able to enjoy a strategy game without good cliodynamics since I got my first taste with RFC. I'm playing more EU4 and now Imperator these days, but I'll have to dust off my Civ5 skills...

BTW, I'm seeing a problem already; the game won't autoplay if you Alt+tab out... idk if you have any control over that though.

Top Bottom