Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Version 1.0 of my modified 2.61 is now posted.

Things added sence the last version.

-More city list changes
-More map tweaking
-Changed alot of the Civs starting techs
-Tweaked beginning tech tree costs(Early stages)
-Tweaked WONDER shield costs(Help build wonders faster!)
-Barrarks now with(Warrior Code)

I think thats all..maybe some other stuff...(Not perfect but getting there!)

tacfun

PS. Sorry to those who like America but I disabled them. You can easly re-enable them if you like.

Dont worry tacfun you nearly as good as rhye. And if thats all we get for 6 days thats just the way its going to have to be. :)

Quick question was the Aussie mod ment to be 75mega bytes? just that the whole rhyes one at moment is only 32 and that introduces two new civs with leaderheads and units?

Tyrion said:
Dont worry tacfun you nearly as good as rhye. And if thats all we get for 6 days thats just the way its going to have to be. :)

Quick question was the Aussie mod ment to be 75mega bytes? just that the whole rhyes one at moment is only 32 and that introduces two new civs with leaderheads and units?

I agree on both counts tacfun, though still you keep knocking my country out of your mods ;) And yes, was going to download the mod he mentions, but 75mb? Not sure that can be right, can you double check your file?Or else you may have added ALOT of things you didn't mention?
Ron

Just checking this first as 75mb download for me means see-ya tomorrow :lol:

Hey. I know its a bit late but can someone post 2.46 - 2.50 patch. It seems i missed it. And i cant play V2.60 until i have the mod up to V.2.50 as things are missing.

Hey i just finished my Rome game. YAY 39 hours 3 minutes and 0 seconds. I won. By the end i controlled the whole of North America the Left hand side of South America Southern Europe excluding Greece. The middle east and most of Africa the turns ran out before i could finish of the Zulu's.
I havent been playing for too long so this was my first Victory on Warlord (Yes the second easiest). Though i have played comfortably on it for some time.
Regent Next. Ooo who should i be. Though untill i get the right patch i wont be starting.

Let's be easy on Rhye and try and condense our posts so he has less to catch up on.
Or instead we can use bold text to make the important bits stick out...

Rhye, maybe you should add the Stone resource (as in some Conquests) as a bonus resource that adds 1 or 2 shields? You can then put this resource near the locations of cities that historically built great wonders.
Not every little balance tweak has to be invisible. ;P

Rhye can you use the same for building erly improvements ans early wonders ?Only civ with stone could build amphitheaters or pyramids "entre autres" ...

The Aussie patch alone should be 30megs. The added graphics and other stuff takes alot of space. I believe lxpimpj might have added some more stuff onto what I did and gave you other files you already had into another folder so it wouldn't be confusing to install and write over Rhye's original stuff.

The stone idea is what I have been thinking a long time about. Yes, that would be awesome to give same Egyptians and others stones for the Pyramids. Would slove alot of problems.

tacfun

Sorry about another quick post but 4 people have downloaded my 2.61mod of Rhye's mod and I would like to know what you think?

tacfun

Im uploading v1.01 of the mod2.61 file.

-Changed some of the Civ's starting techs some more.
-Played a bit more with city lists
-Gave Egypt,Greece,Babylon a small starting bonus.

Have fun!!

tacfun

Attachments

• Rhye's of Civilization v2.61(tacfun)v1.01.zip
    93.5 KB · Views: 261
Tyrion said:
Hey. I know its a bit late but can someone post 2.46 - 2.50 patch. It seems i missed it. And i cant play V2.60 until i have the mod up to V.2.50 as things are missing.

Please I got problems too. The full file is just too big for my humble connection.
I got the 2.49 patch but not the one moving up to 2.50 which is needed to go on.

Cemo

I have downloaded this mod (which looks great), and the latest patch, but, after i enter the game and choose the civ i want to play as, the mod begins to load but then this message comes up:

Load Error

FILE NOT FOUND

"Art\Units\Ancient Settler\..\..\..\..\..\..\Art\Units\settler\settDefault.flc"

The game will now exit.

Does anyone have an answer?

Yes this thread gets so many replies and update for those of us that miss a few days (or weeks) a lot of stuff has happened and we have missed it.

My game always crashes to the desktop when I talk to the babylonians, anybody know what could be causing this? No error messages ... playing with version 2.61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom