Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy_Canadian said:
I have downloaded this mod (which looks great), and the latest patch, but, after i enter the game and choose the civ i want to play as, the mod begins to load but then this message comes up:

Load Error

FILE NOT FOUND

"Art\Units\Ancient Settler\..\..\..\..\..\..\Art\Units\settler\settDefault.flc"

The game will now exit.

Does anyone have an answer?

It seems that you've moved something.
Does the standard game work?
Where did you download the mod?

Rhye you said that a 134x130 C3C version soon ! :)

I can't wait ;)

Do you know Chris Sawyer's Locomotion ?

Rhye said:
A good idea for the Xpack. I'll gather some informations about stones&quarry
If you want anymore such ideas I can crank them out. I'm good at thinking of ideas. Not good at using them, but boy can I think them up. :p

Whats the scoop on the Xpack? I just started school today :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Anywho, about the African slaves idea, you could have an improvement at say Feudalism that needs a "slave" resource in its radius to build it. The improvement would then go obsolete by Democracy, right when the AI will be going into Anarchy. Kinda like the American Civil war(Faught to end slavery)

Blasphemous said:
I'm good at thinking of ideas. Not good at using them, but boy can I think them up. :p

My God he is just like me.

Cool.

I've had that problem when coming up with ideas for mods of lots of games. Dungeon siege, Morrowind and C3C. But im no good at making them.

Tyrion said:
My God he is just like me.

Cool.

I've had that problem when coming up with ideas for mods of lots of games. Dungeon siege, Morrowind and C3C. But im no good at making them.
I'm starting work on a fantasy mod and it sounds like you may be interested, and like you could help with ideas...
Use the link in my sig.
(Hint: I usually manage to carry through with things if people are interested and they nag me about it. Help me. =P)

Back from the summer Rhye (no internet at home) and CANNOT WAIT to try this out! I will be sure to give you what little ricochets through my brain at any given moment ;p

AND ONCE AGAIN:

THANK YOU RHYE!!!!!!!

Beernuts1987 said:
Whats the scoop on the Xpack? I
Anywho, about the African slaves idea, you could have an improvement at say Feudalism that needs a "slave" resource in its radius to build it. The improvement would then go obsolete by Democracy, right when the AI will be going into Anarchy. Kinda like the American Civil war(Faught to end slavery)

There's no scoop. I'm taking various ideas in consideration.
The stones as a resource for some early wonders is a good one.

I was thinking of adding some wonders, included:
-slavery or something like that, which produces a worker every 5 turns.
-a small wonder (still without name) to be built in a coastal city, which builds a harbor in every (coastal) city. In this way each colony from the other side of the atlantic will build modern units.
-in case I add religions, I'll add some wonders for each.

Rhye said:
1) slavery or something like that, which produces a worker every 5 turns.
2) a small wonder (still without name) to be built in a coastal city, which builds a harbor in every (coastal) city. In this way each colony from the other side of the atlantic will build modern units.
1. Sounds good, but make it a Slave unit that is less effective than a regular worker and doesn't cost upkeep (basically make it the same as a captured slave) and make the wonder require a resource "Indiginous Tribe" that will look like an african village (there was some very good city graphics of an africa village posted recently, that could be used) and will be spread across africa, and make it obsolete with Enlightenment or something. It should also cause -1 happiness in all cities (perhaps only on that continent).
2. Perhaps it should be called "Colonial Empire" and be expensive and require a harbor in it's city and at least 5 harbours under your control, so only coastal or colonial civs are likely to build it.

Blasphemous said:
1. Sounds good, but make it a Slave unit that is less effective than a regular worker and doesn't cost upkeep (basically make it the same as a captured slave) and make the wonder require a resource "Indiginous Tribe" that will look like an african village (there was some very good city graphics of an africa village posted recently, that could be used) and will be spread across africa, and make it obsolete with Enlightenment or something. It should also cause -1 happiness in all cities (perhaps only on that continent).
2. Perhaps it should be called "Colonial Empire" and be expensive and require a harbor in it's city and at least 5 harbours under your control, so only coastal or colonial civs are likely to build it.

:goodjob: excellent ideas! I agree on everything except on the happiness.

I'll soon post an alpha of the Xpack, with no graphics: just an outline.

Before that, I need some help with a couple of things:
1)the Egyptian UU.
I didn't make the final decision, because I'm not convinced with the Mamluk.
Mamluks were a dinasty, a Mamluk unit (camel) is quite stupid. They had their composite army, composed mostly by heavy knights.
Otherwise, there's an animation of a levy soldier, nothing more. I wouldn't know what's egyptian unique, except war chariots, slingers and elephants.

2)do you remember the lancer, that would cause the development of 2 chains and moving the knight-based UUs to the "light chain" (horseman-lancer)?
I've thought a variant: adding other 2 units to fill the lines, a heavy horseman (horses+iron) and a light knight (horses only). The heavy horse is the ancient cavalry, so the statue of Zeus can be reused for something else. I think this solution will require some more work, but it is much less complicated than the first proposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom