Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Great Lighthouse wonder doesn't seem to have any effect. The extra move point doesn't allow any actual extra movement due to the coast effects. By the time it becomes useful with later vesels it is almost obsolete.

Asclepius said:
The Great Lighthouse wonder doesn't seem to have any effect. The extra move point doesn't allow any actual extra movement due to the coast effects. By the time it becomes useful with later vesels it is almost obsolete.

I forgot to make galleys ignore coast movement. Otherwise they wouldn't have any advantage on junks.

And you are right, the mov.cost make me now increase The Great Lighthouse effect: +2 ship mov.

Played as Rome for a bit, found legions extremely overpriced vs. combat effectiveness and too slow at road building to be really worth using for that. Can they build fortresses in one turn? That would be logical ;p

Strange that there is a tech, fortification which, according to the civilopedia, does not grant the ability to create fortifications. That seems to be reserved for construction.

HOWEVER, since I did not get to construction before noticing the galley and radar tower I have no clue if this is accurate. Would you like us to start on research on civlopedia entries for the various techs/units you have added?

FOUND ANOTHER BUG:

Swordsmen are not set to require iron.

Aeon221 said:
Played as Rome for a bit, found legions extremely overpriced vs. combat effectiveness and too slow at road building to be really worth using for that. Can they build fortresses in one turn? That would be logical ;p

Strange that there is a tech, fortification which, according to the civilopedia, does not grant the ability to create fortifications. That seems to be reserved for construction.

HOWEVER, since I did not get to construction before noticing the galley and radar tower I have no clue if this is accurate. Would you like us to start on research on civlopedia entries for the various techs/units you have added?

FOUND ANOTHER BUG:

Swordsmen are not set to require iron.

-> legionaries will be upgradeable from warriors in a future version (when I add the flavour units). I'm waiting for a pratical reason.

->barricade moved to fortification, plant forest moved to invention

->swordsmen will not require iron. They are part of the "cheap" chain.

Are Hoplites REALLY supposed to be available at pottery? That one makes very little/no sense at this end

Aeon221 said:
Are Hoplites REALLY supposed to be available at pottery? That one makes very little/no sense at this end

Really? This is a mistake. Another mismatch caused by the new tech tree

Aeon221 said:
Horse archer unit still has knight graphics

This isn't a mistake - I've sent you a version with no graphics to obtain a small filesize. No animations for any new unit at all. They stay in my HD.

Ok ;p

Just some things ive noticed haha

Confirm Saracen bowman as second UU for Arabia?

Playing them, so far so good, especially with new lack of need for iron ;p

Trireme does not upgrade... is this on purpose?

Sorry for not being so responsive/active lately...
I got back to playing through Deus Ex and have been spending a bit too much time on that (when I tried just a minute ago to remember why my last few days seem empty I realized that it was because I was playing Deus Ex which seems to simply be a different life I have to share my time with. What a game!)
I'll try and finish my 2.62 game tomorrow (gonna be tough, got into a space race after planning for imperialism) and get to testing 0.22.

The new tech tree looks great. I think I need to play a game or two to make sure the time is scaled properly.

BTW, in addition to the Hoplite being available at Pottery, the Granary is available at Bronze Working, which is just as weird.

Rhye said:
Well, I could do that anytime. I was still waiting for a reply on the tobacco question.
How about making two different types of tabacco resourses and make one appear later, it is more realistic?

Not sure about Triremes, will check later.

Had an idea to make naval movements more realistic, but am not finished testing it yet; if it works should change a few things for the better ;p

Wont take like thirty turns to go from england to india, but without messing with the boats themselves.

Hello Rhye,

the comments on your mod and the highly detailed work you did to describe it intrigued me so much that I can't wait to play it.
However I've been trying for most of my weekend now to get started, with very little result.
I believe some of these difficulties have to do with the fact that I have the italian version of Civ III (which can't be installed in the english language: just italian!) on which I installed the english version of Conquests.
So I am going to write you in italian from now on, with apologies to our international friends, who anyhow probably can't care less for the trouble of the italian version.

Allora, ho seguito le tue istruzioni e ho installato il patch 1.22 per Conquest in inglese. Ho copiato i tuoi 4 zipfile, li ho decompressi e riuniti nelle due directory Art e Text che ho salvato sotto una directory "Rhye's of Civilization".
Ho messo il tutto sotto Conquests/Scenarios.
Niente da fare.
Allora ho spostato tutti i file di Art e Text nelle rispettive directory direttamente sotto Conquests, avendo cura di non cancellare le directory esistenti e cambiando solo i file da te modificati.
Mi sono accorto che all'apertura il programma cercava i file in inglese delle unità di Civ II (es: Settler e non Colone) così ho cambiato il nome delle unità nelle directory di Civilization III/Art/Units una ad una, usando i nomi inglesi.
OK, ora ci siamo. Tutto funziona, ma quando inizia la partita stranamente i messaggi sono tutti sballati (vedi file allegati). E' come se leggesse i file in Text/Labels nell'ordine sbagliato.
Curiosamente, se inizio una partita normale (anziché lo scenario "Rhye's..." da "Civ-content") il testo viene letto correttamente.

Qui mi sono fermato, scoraggiato.

Mi potresti aiutare? non vedo l'ora di provare il tuo scenario!

grazie fin d'ora per la tua risposta

Staf48

Attachments

• defect_01.jpg
    defect_01.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 76
Wow, Italian is a lot like Spanish. I can read that.

Elephants and Camels come available at Mounted Combat, but the Elephant and Camel units come one tech before, at Riding. There's no possible way that the Elephant and Camel units can be built until the resources are discovered, so there's no reason to have the units available one tech before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom