Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As you see Israel is a problem. Jud/Jud will make them benefit of less wonders.
Well, I can always make those wonders more powerful...
Israel having only one religion is not a problem, because they're also the only Jewish nation. For example, if you have each religion contribute one improvement, you can have Judaism contribute two. Wonders are different. Only one wonder or so is needed for Judaism, because a wonder which requires Judaism will go to Israel without contest. (Obviously, it should be the Temple Mount, or Solomon's Temple. I'm not sure what name to go with, but it's pretty clear-cut.)

If another civ had Judaism plus another religion, it would be hard to balance, but with only one civ having Judaism, there should be no problem. Judaism can simply function as both religions for Israel.

Will we see a version with the ancient age prerequisites fixed soon, or are we waiting for a version with religions implemented?

This could be the alternative to the European Pagan (i think the name is better) Its more accurate as it was worshipped before Christianity and was eventualy wiped out by the Church's Witch Burnings. The Religion is The Divine Feminem (Not sureif thats spelt right) which people may recognise from The Da Vinci Code.

Basic Run-Down Women are the leaders as they are seen as all powerful because they are seen to be the providers as life. Were leaders of Communities so when the Church came to power in medievil europe they set to killing them off by claiming they were witchs. Note: This isnt the same in the American Witch Burnings.
Worship nature much like druids and other Pagan Religions. I could probaly do some more Research if you want. I just suggested it because i personaly think its more interesting and provides something different than the generic Pagan Religions.

On religions.

Surely Israel's second religion should be christianity as that is where the religion developed and those that became christians were jews before. Also Islam didn't exist at that time.

Also Budhism is an ancient religion - in some Budhist countries they use a dating system denoted with the letters BE (Budhist Era) it is something like 2550 now.

One major religion you have missed out is Confusionism, as practiced in the far east.

The ancient religion of much of the world was Zoroastrianism - it was practiced by the romans, persians, indians, greeks, arabs etc.. - and is the worlds oldest monotheistic religion, arising in about 1500BC and was the official religion of persia. Zorostrianisms temples exist as far apart as london and calcutta. It is a tiny religion today with only a small group in India called Parsi still practicing.

Thanks for the info

Metatr0n said:
Also Budhism is an ancient religion - in some Budhist countries they use a dating system denoted with the letters BE (Budhist Era) it is something like 2550 now.

I know it's 500BC, but I must move it together with the "modern" because it's less old than others.

Metatr0n said:
One major religion you have missed out is Confusionism, as practiced in the far east.

I know. I can add Shinotism and Confucianism. But I need some wonders to add. Please suggest me something.

Metatr0n said:
The ancient religion of much of the world was Zoroastrianism - it was practiced by the romans, persians, indians, greeks, arabs etc.. - and is the worlds oldest monotheistic religion, arising in about 1500BC and was the official religion of persia. Zorostrianisms temples exist as far apart as london and calcutta. It is a tiny religion today with only a small group in India called Parsi still practicing.

Can you tell me which civs of Ottomans, Babylonians, Arabs and Hebrews practiced Zoroastrism before Islam?

Persia, (Ottomans are a people from Mongolia, no strong religious preferences, too late for Zoroaster), Babylon... not really, b.c they were extinct as a civilization, Arabs... I dont know much about pre-Muslim Arabia so no help there, Hebrews are a big X-mark on that one.

Taoism? Hmm? My personal favorite!

How about make the Hebrew religion have some of the same wonders as the Christian and Islamic faiths? This is entirely accurate (think Jerusalem) in some cases, and would also help create conflict. You could give them a specific faith wonder or two, and an all-inclusive one as well.

And do NOT bring the Da Vinci Code in here. That book has the worst theology and history in the history of the world!

If you are going to make Euro-religions, give them area-specific ones rather than type specific, because I am forced to agree with a point made earlier about the lack of difference between the various cults. They did have a lot of little peccadilloes, but for the most part had cool deity x (Zeus, Woden/Thor) fill spot y (King of Gods, ThunderGod). To an extent this is even true of Christianity, with Christ taking on the traditional characteristics of Apollo.

Haha sorry, sidetracked I know this isnt a theological debate... but just in case I will go get some wood and a lighter... ;p

No reformations. That would become too complex and need the addition of another tech. A hole that would need to be filled by every civ religion, in that case.

I put in Zoroastrism, Shintoism and Confucianism.
I'd like to know something about pre-muslim Arabia for the Zoroastrianism.
I'm not sure about Babylon. They didn't adopt Zor., but were conquered by the Persian, who imposed it.

And then, I need suggestions on 1 or 2 wonders for each religion. After I've collected the info, I'll give it to Rufus (RaR tech and wonder graphics creator) to make wondersplashes.

Metatr0n said:
Surely Israel's second religion should be christianity as that is where the religion developed and those that became christians were jews before. Also Islam didn't exist at that time.
But what actually defined us as a nation in diaspora was nothing but the Jewish faith, and the amount of Hebrews who are also Christians today is quite tiny (I think it's just the Jews for Jesus.) I think it would be fine to make the Hebrews have just one religion. In the Warhammer mod I saw that when there was an empty spot where a tech would have been for another civ, embryodead made it so there's an empty tech box with a red X on it... It looked fine.
I guess the Jewish religion should give just one wonder (since there will be no competition for building it)... Not sure what it should be really.

EDIT: Rhye, you can always have two religions give the same wonders but just be named differently for the sake of accuracy.

Blasphemous said:
I guess the Jewish religion should give just one wonder (since there will be no competition for building it)... Not sure what it should be really.

You're the the one who should tell.

Blasphemous said:
EDIT: Rhye, you can always have two religions give the same wonders but just be named differently for the sake of accuracy.

Different religions correspond to different wonders, because wonders have the religion tech as a prerequisite.

Rhye said:
You're the the one who should tell.
Well, I guess it should be Temple Mount then, representing both the ancient temple and the later remains that Jews around the world turn to when they pray (iirc). Should give one or two happy faces in its city, a huge culture rating (6 or even 8), and should become a tourist attraction. That's really enough, since there will be no competition for it. It should require palace in the city where its built so that it gets built in Jerusalem.

Rhye said:
Different religions correspond to different wonders, because wonders have the religion tech as a prerequisite.
Ah, I see, didn't think it through... Well, for the generic religions you can have basically the same wonder just twice, let's say once for EUP and one for AFR...
But generally, the less nations have a religion, the less wonders it should give, and the less powerful those wonders should be.
I think if it's possible that Christians should build Cathedrals, Pagans and Shintoists and Buddhists Temples, Muslims Mosques, Jews Synagogues, etc. Each of the different places of worship should have slightly different stats and costs and they should become available at different times (possibly just with the arrival of the religious tech.)

I know what defined the nation during the diaspora was religion, but that doesn't change the fact that many jews became christians at some point in history - those people were within Judea and they continued to be so after the diaspora. But within the game are we representing the kingdoms of Judea or only the Jewish people? It should be remembered that it is from the Jews that Christians first arose. I know today that there are very few christian hebrews, but that is not least because both jews and none jews largely ceased to define them as hebrews. Also I believe many of the christians left behind in the region later became Muslims.

I believe today christians represent a mere 2% of israel's population - does anyone know if this figure peaked at some past point. Also what it Druze, a religion I know to exist in Israel.

I am quite willing to be corrected on this.

Metatr0n said:
I know what defined the nation during the diaspora was religion, but that doesn't change the fact that many jews became christians at some point in history - those people were within Judea and they continued to be so after the diaspora. But within the game are we representing the kingdoms of Judea or only the Jewish people? It should be remembered that it is from the Jews that Christians first arose. I know today that there are very few christian hebrews, but that is not least because both jews and none jews largely ceased to define them as hebrews. Also I believe many of the christians left behind in the region later became Muslims.

I am quite willing to be corrected on this.
Well, I dunno... Anyway, Judaism and Christianity come in at the same time in the current scheme of things so obviously Judaism should be the one that the Hebrews get...

Blasphemous said:
Well, I dunno... Anyway, Judaism and Christianity come in at the same time in the current scheme of things so obviously Judaism should be the one that the Hebrews get...

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom